Preview Round 12 Carlton V St Kilda Sunday 12 June 1.10PM @ Etihad Stadium - final changes post *976

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Loved your post, but just as an aside, we are facing GWS after our bye and they'll have played 13 rounds straight. They are already looking tired. I reckon we'll be a better than average chance even though its at Spotless :thumbsu:

I'd love to be getting gws even later. They will tire, and the pressure of expectation will weigh heavily.

Nevertheless, we can beat them.

Loved your post, but just as an aside, we are facing GWS after our bye and they'll have played 13 rounds straight. They are already looking tired. I reckon we'll be a better than average chance even though its at Spotless :thumbsu:

Doesnt matter if its at Spotless.. let's name Jaksch, Phillips, Whiley and Sumner added to Lamb and Plowman and we will have the home ground advantage!!:thumbsu::D

Doesnt matter if its at Spotless.. let's name Jaksch, Phillips, Whiley and Sumner added to Lamb and Plowman and we will have the home ground advantage!!:thumbsu::D
It will be like the scene from brave heart with the Irish running into battle with the Scottish

Think SOS will be named onto the extended bench to get us excited, but ultimately not be selected.

That's sounds likely.
The good thing though, is that Silvagni deserves to be named given his form in the 2's this year.
Can't remember a game he's played in, that he didn't look AFL quality.

Think SOS will be named onto the extended bench to get us excited, but ultimately not be selected.
Agree wholeheartedly Gordon.

The cynic in me suggests that the big debut will be in a home game to maximise gate takings.

Really looking forward to this game. We should win given all of their outs, although without these would probably tip the saints.
Will be very interesting see the players approach the game given Carlton's tendency in the not so distant past to regularly lose games they should have won. Hopefully with Bolton now in charge and most of the players from those days now gone this is something we see less and less of (positive signs so far!).

Kreuzer to play??? Manage the kid properly or he won't make it to 30.

Everitt lucky not to be dropped; 2 invisible performances the past 3 weeks but he is leading our goalkicking, so...

Out: Kreuzer (concussion), Casboult (rest - fitness), Walker (goal-kicking).
In: Tutt, Jaksch, Silvagni, Phillips, Dick, Whiley.
Cant see silvagni coming in this week.

I think he beat up on a lowely vfl side, but it will be interesting to see how he goes against a seasoned box hill team.

Also, i would think the club would want to maximise the exposure of his debut. Therefore i'd suggest it would be at a home game for a start, and more than likely against a traditional rival.

July 2 v pies perhaps. ....?

Also, i would think the club would want to maximise the exposure of his debut. Therefore i'd suggest it would be at a home game for a start, and more than likely against a traditional rival.

July 2 v pies perhaps. ....?

I really want for the club not to be thinking like this.
Players should come in on their merits and the clubs needs, not for some potential financial windfall.

If for whatever reason the MC deem Silvagni to be good to go, then that's what should come about.

Really looking forward to this game. We should win given all of their outs, although without these would probably tip the saints.
Will be very interesting see the players approach the game given Carlton's tendency in the not so distant past to regularly lose games they should have won. Hopefully with Bolton now in charge and most of the players from those days now gone this is something we see less and less of (positive signs so far!).

TBH I think last week was our down week. We were smashed in the stoppages and a few of our best players had less influence. We should be ready to fire this week and we have shown over the last 7 weeks that we are a consistent side.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I really want for the club not to be thinking like this.
Players should come in on their merits and the clubs needs, not for some potential financial windfall.

If for whatever reason the MC deem Silvagni to be good to go, then that's what should come about.
I agree with the sentiment, however just like in animal farm, some players are more equal than others.

And that can be seen in the amount of excitement on this forum.

Sumner Phillips SILVAGNI

john-travolta-perfect-o.gif

Last edited:

Carlton's extended squad for Round 12:

Backs 6. Kade Simpson 23. Jacob Weitering 42. Zach Tuohy
Half-backs 20. Lachie Plowman 17. Sam Rowe 39. Dale Thomas
Centreline 15. Sam Docherty 9. Patrick Cripps 35. Ed Curnow
Half-forwards 11. Sam Kerridge 41. Levi Casboult 1. Andrew Walker
Forwards 46. Matthew Wright 33. Andrejs Everitt 19. Liam Sumner
Followers 8. Matthew Kreuzer 13. Jed Lamb 4. Bryce Gibbs
Interchange from: 27. Dennis Armfield 38. Ciaran Byrne 37. Daniel Gorringe
32. Nick Graham 34. Andrew Phillips 2. Jack Silvagni