Game Day Round 12 vs. Western Bulldogs, Marvel, 7:40pm Friday 31/05

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

What about Embleberry, how did he train?? Hasn't played for a while, so a bit of a risk to bring him in now, but apparently, he has a basketball background.
Last time he played he won the Norm Smith! Surely he gets a look in

Not a good comparison. Just because he’s symptom free does not mean he has healed for what of a better word.

Two weeks or three in local level has been recommended by neurologists. Read more of their work for why.

I never said he or anyone else had healed. I was describing the mechanisms surrounding AFL concussion protocols. Take a cold shower.

As for neurologists, they suggest a 28-day layoff will see clinical recovery in 77% of athletes post-concussion, as opposed to only 45% after 14 days, but professional sports are still balancing those recommendations against the desire to get premium product on the field and in front of eyeballs.

https://journals.lww.com/cjsportsme...alf_of_patients_recover_within_2_weeks.2.aspx

Read up and don’t continue to quote me, as I have you on ignore and don’t need the notifications.

EDIT: Even then COVID is an excellent analogy, because in both instances (COVID and concussion), despite eventually achieving a status of being symptom-free, we still won’t know with any degree of certainty what the long-term consequences are.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Macrae would be a lock to come in you'd think

Even though Howe is in our first choice back 6, with Dean in the side I'm playing Howe forward with Kreuger.

Would let Frampton rotate from FB to 2nd ruck, as we'd still be tall enough down back without him, but bigger responsibility for Cameron to ruck the large majority of the game.

Markov trained up forward

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Our pressure as a team is already very good but the reality is our average talent level across the field has been depleted even further this week so the best card we have to play is to try and ramp up the pressure levels even more.

More than that though I feel we are entering a period where trying to take away an opponent strength (individual or system) needs to be even more of a consideration and the use of Markov or another in a more defensive role on the oppositions most creative half back would be welcomed by me.

Personally I thought allowing Clark to seemingly roam around free and gain 35 disposals last week was a mistake and it came just 2 weeks after the games current best team Sydney used Jordan to restrict him to just 16 disposals.

If Bailey Dale lines up in defence he's the one we probably should look to limit.

With Noble and sidey down back, and then you add in parker who is also coming, especially with Howe, Dean and Moore down there too, add in maynard and whenever frampton goes back there, Markov probably more in the fringe; so trying to find a new spot for him?

Assuming the Dogs don't opt to bring in Lobb, I'd be inclined to have Frampton tag Liam Jones in a similar role to the one he did on Harris Andrews in last year's Grand Final.

Bevo said Lobb is likely to play

Maynard - Frampton - Dean
Noble - Moore - Quaynor
Jaicos - Lipinski - Sidebottom
McCreerey - Howe - Markov
Bobby Hill - Kreuger - Harrison
Cameron - Daicos - Crisp
Macrae - Sullivan - Dean - Parker
Swap Howe and Frampton

Noble - Moore - Quaynor
McCreerey - Howe - Schultz
Cameron - Naicos - Crisp
Macrae - Sullivan - Markov - Parker

Team doesn't look too bad on paper. Looks like forwards will have to push up really high and get them on the way back.

Noble - Moore - Quaynor
McCreerey - Howe - Schultz
Cameron - Naicos - Crisp
Macrae - Sullivan - Markov - Parker

Team doesn't look too bad on paper. Looks like forwards will have to push up really high and get them on the way back.
pretty close I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back