Game Day Round 12 vs. Western Bulldogs, Marvel, 7:40pm Friday 31/05

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't get it. Isn't it a 12-day break after a concussion? Does he still have symptoms or is the concussion protocol now longer than 12 days?

The 12 days start from when you have no symptoms so maybe he started the protocols a few days later and so behind schedule

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B: Quaynor - Frampton - Maynard
HB: Markov - Moore - Nobel
C: Sidebottom - Beau - J. Daicos
HF: Lipinski - Howe - HH
FF: Schultz - Kreuger - Bobby
RR: Cameron - Nick - Crisp

INT: Sullivan - Dean - Ash - Bytel

Sub: Parker

*Forgot Bobby lol
That side isn't too bad, the fwd50 is a bit questionable, but unpredictable. Sure the Doggies have some important outs, but Bevo can't even get the best out of those players when they are in the side.

BTW it's not Nobel, it's Johnny F&*king Noble. :p

I'm just imagining his exasperation is at an all time high that this 11 days/12 days conversation is still going on. I'm sure he thought he'd already sorted it out..

It’s going to be one of those “forever” conversations, like when people like to argue that a player doesn’t have a fracture, they have a break, or that someone suffering a single concussion has to watch out for symptoms of CTE.

The 12 days start from when you have no symptoms so maybe he started the protocols a few days later and so behind schedule

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not really. The protocol doesn’t necessarily take 11 days to complete. 11 days is just the minimum time off.

Imagine he had COVID and had to stay out for 11 days and have no symptoms on return. That doesn’t mean it takes 11 days to be symptom-free.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My ins and outs:

Out: Cox, Mihocek, Richards, Pendlebury, Allan

In: Howe, Krueger, Markov, Macrae, Bytel or Johnson (depending which way you want to go)

Starting Sub: Parker

Everything else the same

Go take a gander at the Bullies board.
Most are concerned about this game because they believe their outs are far more significant than ourselves.
They have quite a few outs but that is still laughable. We are missing our first 4 choice key forwards, 4 of our 6 first choice forwards plus our first 2 back up forward options.
We are also missing 3 of our top 4 clearance mids

Not really. The protocol doesn’t necessarily take 11 days to complete. 11 days is just the minimum time off.

Imagine he had COVID and had to stay out for 11 days and have no symptoms on return. That doesn’t mean it takes 11 days to be symptom-free.
Not a good comparison. Just because he’s symptom free does not mean he has healed for what of a better word.

Two weeks or three in local level has been recommended by neurologists. Read more of their work for why.

Despite his woeful start to the season and middling form in VFL (from what I can gather) we do need AJ's height in offensive, even if he just brings the ball to ground. Feels NQR to pull Billy Frampton forward, even if Howe returns, and at least AJ has had some backline experience if things went south during the game.

Macrae has enough experience to run out the game. Markov back can maybe release JFN to the wing and push Sidey in for some stoppage work?

Hoo boy. This is going to be some car crash - for both teams - watching on Friday night.

Get the feeling this is now the straw that will break the camels back.

As unbelievable as our system is, no system can fully compensate for a total breakdown in experience and class we're missing across all lines.

No other team gets close to Freo last week assuming they have the commensurate amount of injuries we had (including Syd).
That's including the in game losses as well.

Add to this further spate of injuries and the mental demons for the players will have to subconsciously kick in if the dogs get a hot start.
Win for Jacqui this week if we run them close!!

If we get over the line, says more about the bulldogs than it does about us.

Keen to see us fight it out, but think this one is a bridge to far.
Its not who you play....but when you play them that often defines the season.

Yep, youthful enthusiasm can only get us so far in trying to replace a huge loss of experience, class and chemistry.

I think we’re past the tipping point, with nearly half of our Premiership side missing on Friday night.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Ins: howe, markov, Krueger, Macrae/Bytel.
Outs: cox, Mihocek, Pendles and Allan.
I thought Parker’s debut was a standout and hope he gets another run at it. A full game if the tank is there.

You forgot Richards in the OUTs.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back