Autopsy Round 13, 2021: St.Kilda v Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

If we get just a good run with injuries. We will play finals.

to be honest, if we cut hard this year the above would be best case scenario. A chance for he draftees to get 12 months under their belts.
Yep - not a lot of player types missing from our best 22.

We need to find a few players but I don't think they need to be $700k a year types but slight upgrades on existing players.

I reckon we need

??? a competent mobile chb who is at least 194/5cm (Don't think Battle is the answer, Joyce is the type we need - not sure if he's good enough)

XXXX A running hbf who is great kick (Dmac/Webster but more attacking and better kicks)

&&&&&Another outside runner (Byrnes maybe)

Paton Howard Wilkie
Highmore ????? XXXX
Hill Steele Billings
Higgins Marshall Membrey
Butler King Gresh

Ryder Crouch Jones

Clark Sinclair Battle &&&&&

That still leaves Ross, Dunstan, Coff and a few others as depth.

Last edited:
Pre Geelong, Ross was pretty much signed. What a backflip it would have to take.

I would be ropeable if we trade a top 5 pick for multiple top 20.
Agree. need to take pick 5 to draft Hopefully North - Hawks offer Billings some big money for a band 1 pick

Edit Ratts & insert

Kenny
Stan
Watson
Blight
GT
Ross
Watters
Cho

Imagine sacking a coach after a season where the club has barely enough players to pick a team.

Takes being a laughing stock to never before seen levels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you think we've looked like a well coached side this year?

Yep - not a lot of player types missing from our best 22.

We need to find a few players but I don't think they need to be $700k a year types but slight upgrades on existing players.

I reckon we need

??? a competent mobile chb who is at least 194/5cm (Don't think Battle is the answer, Joyce is the type we need - not sure if he's good enough)

XXXX A running hbf who is great kick (Dmac/Webster but more attacking and better kicks)

&&&&&Another outside runner (Byrnes maybe)

Paton Howard Wilkie
Highmore ????? XXXX
Hill Steele Billings
Higgins Marshall Membrey
Butler King Gresh

Ryder Crouch Jones

Clark Sinclair Battle &&&&&

That still leaves Ross, Dunstan, Coff and a few others as depth.
I think Coff will be one that does bounce back, was very good last year
Marshall is our most important player and is a huge loss this year and no one has missed him more than King
Don't think Billings is with us next year
Does Dunstan get another year ? I dont think so
100% Howard needs another big man to help him out
And you have left Byrnes out of your 22

I think Coff will be one that does bounce back, was very good last year
Marshall is our most important player and is a huge loss this year and no one has missed him more than King
Don't think Billings is with us next year
Does Dunstan get another year ? I dont think so
100% Howard needs another big man to help him out
And you have left Byrnes out of your 22
Billings may be the key to getting a couple of the player types I've mentioned.

Coff will need to bounce back - mightily impressed by Highmore when he was given the chance to play the role he is best at - intercept defender.

I hope we keep Dunstan, great team man - will depend a lot on whether he gets an offer from other clubs.

Byrnes - hopeful but small sample size so far.

Coff will need to bounce back - mightily impressed by Highmore when he was given the chance to play the role he is best at - intercept defender.

I hope we keep Dunstan, great team man - will depend a lot on whether he gets an offer from other clubs.

The other worry is Ryder
Does he go on and if he does will time catch up to him at 34 ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm shopping Coff and seeing who bites. If we keep Highmore and we get Paton back, Coff is excess, not quick enough to be a mid, is a likely type to be a good honest footballer, so if you have the "need" to try and buy a pick, it's bye bye Coff since ship sailed on shipping a Ross or Billings when "up" for that same sort of potential carrot.

Then again, I am keeping Long, as he did do well on a HFF, his disposal is relatively clean and he can also play small def and is just in a hole atm, so what do I know...

Hearing murmurs he’s staying for less dough.

But we are all in this year , bringing in lot of youth .
Should‘ve happened end of last year ,euphoria got the better of them.

Think we handled hub life a lot better than most clubs and got way ahead of ourselves.

Gerard on the couch (who I don’t often agree with) said that, much like the Dees after their first prelim in decades in 2018, we probably got a little too happy with ourselves.
I do believe there is something in this, if the pre-season training rumours are true and also maybe the lack of planning for longer games, fewer interchange etc and possibly the fact that our game plan was decoded by the Cats etc.

I'm shopping Coff and seeing who bites. If we keep Highmore and we get Paton back, Coff is excess, not quick enough to be a mid, is a likely type to be a good honest footballer, so if you have the "need" to try and buy a pick, it's bye bye Coff since ship sailed on shipping a Ross or Billings when "up" for that same sort of potential carrot.

Then again, I am keeping Long, as he did do well on a HFF, his disposal is relatively clean and he can also play small def and is just in a hole atm, so what do I know...
So we play finals and he finished 5th in the BnF of a side who won a final.

but off the back of a poor season for nearly everyone not named Steele orCrouch we should be trading Coffield?

Nervous about how Paton come back though. It was a terrible injury.
Holding thumbs he can regain his previous form.

but off the back of a poor season for nearly everyone not named Steele orCrouch we should be trading Coffield?
Surely we dont trade out a top 10 pick who has had a 5th in the B&F after a couple of years

Hearing murmurs he’s staying for less dough.

But we are all in this year , bringing in lot of youth .
Should‘ve happened end of last year ,euphoria got the better of them.

Think we handled hub life a lot better than most clubs and got way ahead of ourselves.
It would want to be a lot less $$$$
If Steele is 650 k Billings is 500 k

Would have thought Coff has the tools to be a very good footballer. All above the shoulders for him and I reckon he can work that out with support

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 13, 2021: St.Kilda v Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Back