Preview Round 13 2024 AFL Season: St.Kilda Saints v Gold Coast Suns, Saturday 8th of June 7:30pm, Marvel Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Imo its Bonner out and Butler in. Positional switches to accommodate it - Sinc full time half back, Clark and Windy to rotate with him when he plays mids. Henry to play higher up with Butler to take his pressure forward role
Butler looked off the pace against WCE, so it would only be desperation for goal kickers by Lyon to keep him in. Not sure about Clark, I think he will be left in the dust by GC mids. Bonner wasn't too bad against WCE, but with Lyon who knows..Collard might get another run!

Looks like the porcelain giraffe is a chance to play, has he got a glass jaw? Goes off easy, does he have confidence in his body?

Butler looked off the pace against WCE, so it would only be desperation for goal kickers by Lyon to keep him in. Not sure about Clark, I think he will be left in the dust by GC mids. Bonner wasn't too bad against WCE, but with Lyon who knows..Collard might get another run!
Nup no way Collard comes back in - didn't even play VFL last week. Bonner had 1 score involvement from 17 touches. Clark will hold, he was good last week

Spread is the best chance we have of winning; there's no way going head to head against a midfield led by Rowell, Touk & Anderson ends well for us. Best case is Crouch, Steele and Clark get in, dig it out wide quickly to a Henry / Hill / Wood / Wilson and then we run with it, should be our 1 wood tbh.
Game plan is for them to kick it into their 50, hope like hell our defence turns it over or they miss their shot.
Then we get it out nice and cleanly , run it down to our end and hope like hell we don't turn it over or miss our shot.

What could go wrong?

This will be a post of positivity here we go....

- Darcy Wilson is a freak of nature. The big boys usually practice their pack marks with the marking bag toward the end of training. Darce has a go for funsies, the kid just flies! Dead, set, jet!

- Nas, we all know he has a lovely set of footskills. But what I've been noticing is his core strength is much better than it used to be. One on one he was holding his own against Hammer. He is deceptively strong overhead, good to see his all round game has continued to improve.

- Clark, it's hard to put a finger on it exactly, but he has suddenly become one of the most important cogs in our midfield. He just seems to add so much class in there.

- The mullet may not be flowing in the wind, but Sincs running off half back is a thing of beauty. It may sound over the top, but today I watched an All Australian hbf ply his trade in the best possible way.

- Irish may well be harder to spot with a hair cut. But he is getting better and better, not to mention more confident every week. He is a good size and was very good in the 1v1s. Positioning and game sense will improve over time, but there's a lot to work with.

- Heath, I'm on board the Heath train, woo whoop! I can finally see what we saw in a young 18/19 year old when we picked him up. Just needs longer to put everything together but the kid is starting to click.

- Battle, he's comfortably sitting in our top half a dozen players. Rock solid in all facets of his game, he is just so underrated and important to our line-up.

- BJ, tongue in cheek but BJ is still the best kick at the club. Darce and Hugo were (reasonably successfully) having some shots from the pocket. Along comes BJ and schools the both of them, he's still got it.

- Arie, much better today overhead. The left boot on him, ah, can watch it for hours!

A really positive training session, something felt different to a few weeks ago. Maybe that's what a win does, but I walk away from that with them sucking me straight back in.

Wonder if BJ's has a focus and precision , that makes him both a very good kick and a very good golfer.

Not sure whether RTB gives the coaches votes or whether he delegates it to one of his assistants, but it's interesting to look at the list of players that's received votes.

Of the 15 who have received votes so far this year none have played VFL Dow has but obviously that was before he gained senior selection. It might be an indicator of his favourites.

And yes, Seb is on the list.

Lyon has always loved his role players. You can only imagine Ross must be doing something that isn't obvious to anyone but the coaches.

Lyon has always loved his role players. You can only imagine Ross must be doing something that isn't obvious to anyone but the coaches.
Running up and down the wings as coverage. It's not a ball-getting role but a support role for the rest of the team. He's not best 22, but the coaches love his leadership so they've found a role for him to fill that doesn't require the most skilled players, as long as they are hard-working and willing to gut-run

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Loved Ross’s presser today. Very upbeat and engaging. Had the media contingent in his back pocket.

To all those Ross haters - sorry you feel this way, but I’m all in on RTB, and am willing to ride the highs and lows until we’re ready to climb.

I can’t help but get the sense that for the first time in a long time, the club from top to bottom are all on the same page and how this season is panning out is not a complete surprise to them.

Nup no way Collard comes back in - didn't even play VFL last week. Bonner had 1 score involvement from 17 touches. Clark will hold, he was good last week
Bonner had a few score involvements for West Coast though. Him, Ross, Membrey and Butler are all very lucky to be playing. They were passengers at best bar Membrey's late goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back