Preview Round 13, 2024: Hawthorn v GWS Giants, 8 June 2024, 1.45pm @ UTAS

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Punky will be the sub again most likely as they still manage his groin. The sub doesn’t have to come from the interchange bench anymore.

Also, reckon at times we see the match of Weddle on Toby Greene - Weddle played time on him last year when we played at Giants stadium in our second clash against them.

If it’s true he’s carrying a groin then I find it risky to play Bruest when we have a fully fit Watson available. If we get an early injury and need to sub him on we are in trouble.

If it’s true he’s carrying a groin then I find it risky to play Bruest when we have a fully fit Watson available. If we get an early injury and need to sub him on we are in trouble.
He’s named on the ground

Even though I thought Seamus might be at risk after his past few weeks, I still like the idea of not changing a winning team. I'm glad we don't do the Bevo thing of making unforced changes to a winning squad.
I love that we are backing this kid in, he is still learning but he's going to be a star. In a season or two, I reckon he will be playing on the wing.

Sounds like Bruest has been managing it all year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ramsden and Morrison on the plane to Tassie this morning with the named 23 (incl. Reeves).
No Watto.
Player instagram stories in the last hour showing them at the airport lounge. Watson out for a coffee with a mate somewhere.

Ramsden as back up for Reeves is fine but staggered Harry travelled across instead of the Wiz. Disappointed Ward isn’t an emergency before Harry also.

The way I'm seeing it is that it's better for Morrison to miss a game as an emergency. Ward really needs the game time.

Ramsden as back up for Reeves is fine but staggered Harry travelled across instead of the Wiz. Disappointed Ward isn’t an emergency before Harry also.

They want Ward to be playing full games and working on things. Makes sense for our older players to be subs and the young guys to play full hit outs. I think the benefit is much higher than being a travelling emergency or getting 10% game time.

They want Ward to be playing full games and working on things. Makes sense for our older players to be subs and the young guys to play full hit outs. I think the benefit is much higher than being a travelling emergency or getting 10% game time.

Especially with a bye coming up for the seniors. Will be one less opportunity for game time, after we’ve already had so many byes in BHH.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back