Game Day Round 13 vs. Melbourne, MCG, 3:20pm Monday 10/06 (King's Birthday)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
In: Mcinnes, Krueger, WHE
Out: Dean, AJ, Parker

Frampton to the backline. Kreugs to play second ruck/forward rotating with Cameron, while frampton rucks when the ball is in our D50. Rotating 3 players through Gawn will throw him off.

Finally if Ned Long is ready I'd drop Bytel.

In: Mcinnes, Krueger, WHE
Out: Dean, AJ, Parker

Frampton to the backline. Kreugs to play second ruck/forward rotating with Cameron, while frampton rucks when the ball is in our D50. Rotating 3 players through Gawn will throw him off.

Finally if Ned Long is ready I'd drop Bytel.
Who plays on Frampton’s man when he is rucking?

A key move would be that Sidebottom needs to be moved to fwd pocket. I would leave him there for the remainder of his career as we don’t need reminding he can kick goals.

Out: AJ, Dean, Bytel, Parker
In: Reef, WHE, Krueger, Allan

For the Demons I would use these matchups-

Defense: Moore, Howe, IQ, Maynard, Noble, Markov
Attack: Reef, Sidey, Bobby, WHE, Shultz, Krueger
Centre: Jaicos, Lipinski, McCreery
Foll: Cameron, Crisp, Naicos
Bench: Frampton, Sullivan, Harrison, Macrae, Allan (sub)

Character test here. Structure is shot, I feel like blokes are carrying niggles and were limping to the bye.

Fly has the boys answering a lot of questions, let's see how we answer this one.
No one. The bloke tries to man him up in the ruck, boom, centre square infringement, free kick Collingwood.

Calculating Zach Galifianakis GIF by filmeditor

What the hell happened there?
Just a bad one?
Full house at g and them fired up is different to unacclumitised in Alice. Will be a tough game.
Our defence can hold them to a low score. Need avenues to goal from the mids and am confident

There may be a full house at the G on Monday - but it will be bereft of Demons fans. They are the most fickle of supporters. Worse even than Richmond fans. They turn and run away like no other. How many of us suddenly discovered Melbourne fans amongst our acquaintance when they emerged as flag favourites in 2021?

Pies home game, big occasion, we love this stuff. Plus we have some punishment to hand out…Steven May.

This fear of playing Krueger because he might get injured is crazy stuff. If he’s fit, and the coaches deem him right for this game, then he plays. We can’t prepare for games by working around him, in case he gets injured. It’s madness. Play him and if he does get injured then he’ll be subbed off - like everyone else.

And if he doesn’t get selected this week, given our dire straits, then it doesn’t augur well for him. But his potential to get injured will not be the reason for his non-selection.

This fear of playing Krueger because he might get injured is crazy stuff. If he’s fit, and the coaches deem him right for this game, then he plays. We can’t prepare for games by working around him, in case he gets injured. It’s madness. Play him and if he does get injured then he’ll be subbed off - like everyone else.

And if he doesn’t get selected this week, given our dire straits, then it doesn’t augur well for him. But his potential to get injured will not be the reason for his non-selection.
I would think he has to play.
But, then again, I’m often wrong.

Is he? He is rated ‘below average’ in most metrics except goal accuracy and goals per game (incidentally is only 2.3 goals a game). Fortunately he is an accurate kick for goal otherwise he would probably be rated ‘average’ for goals.

He is their main forward and has never averaged even 2.5 goals a game in any season.

In my opinion, he is nothing more than a solid player.
When's the last time we had someone go at 2.3 goals a game?

There may be a full house at the G on Monday - but it will be bereft of Demons fans. They are the most fickle of supporters. Worse even than Richmond fans. They turn and run away like no other. How many of us suddenly discovered Melbourne fans amongst our acquaintance when they emerged as flag favourites in 2021?

Pies home game, big occasion, we love this stuff. Plus we have some punishment to hand out…Steven May.
I found Melbourne, like Footscray and St Kilda, supporters to be ultra loyal. Hence no begrudges them their periods of success.

Then again, not many ar**holes amongst my acquaintances. Certainly non that use appalling terms such as yellow maggots, Carlscum and Slobbo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For the relatively few number of times Cameron is off the ground and there’s a D50 ballup, I’m sure Moore Howe and Maynard can cope for a few seconds whilst frampton contests ruck and minds his opposing ruckman. Maybe whe swing back to assist as needed. Likely if Cameron’s off the ground so is Gawn.

When's the last time we had someone go at 2.3 goals a game?
We don’t have star key forwards.

If Mihoceh didn’t play further up the ground and didn’t use his body as a battering ram throwing himself into contests and bringing the ball to ground, tackling etc, I’d expect him to kick 2.3 goals a game.

Also, if Mihocek’s kicking accuracy was 50% higher to be on par with Fritsche, he probably would by closer to 2.3 goals a game. Understandable I suppose as he isn’t playing within 40m goal.

Add one of the best ruckman the game has seen and all those inside 50s each week, a top forward would be averaging more than 2.3 goals a game IMO.

Add one of the best ruckman the game has seen and all those inside 50s each week, a top forward would be averaging more than 2.3 goals a game IMO.
And if a “top” forward, under ideal conditions, were to hypothetically average more goals than Fritsch’s 2.3, we would then be unable to classify Fritsch as “good”?

And if a “top” forward, under ideal conditions, were to hypothetically average more goals than Fritsch’s 2.3, we would then be unable to classify Fritsch as “good”?
I think Fritsche is a good player.

But I don’t think he is anywhere near the level of Gawn and Petracca who I think are the players Melbourne have that will influence the game. If they don’t have big games, Melbourne will struggle.

Fritsche, he can kick his 2 goals. I doubt that will be the difference King’s Bday. You know he has kicked 13 goals over 10 games against the Pies.

I think Fritsche is a good player.

But I don’t think he is anywhere near the level of Gawn and Petracca who I think are the players Melbourne have that will influence the game. If they don’t have big games, Melbourne will struggle.

Fritsche, he can kick his 2 goals. I doubt that will be the difference King’s Bday. You know he has kicked 13 goals over 10 games against the Pies.
Clearly not as good as Gawn and Petracca, who are probably top 10 players in the game. One hell of a finisher though - just takes his chances clinically.

I think many posters are being super harsh on Chaz Dean. The young lad misses the better part of 2 years of Footy which is tough for any player. Gets thrown to the wolves early in the year when we were a rabble. Has shown growth in his game upon his return but people are expecting him to be something he's not right now. There's definitely scope for a lot of improvement to come. It wouldn't shock me at all if Howe goes forward and Frammers back, to allow us to keep Dean in the side in the short term.
Two years of foot injuries may explain why his leg and core strength are a bit under done - imagine that may take at least a year to two to fully rebuild. I remain hopeful we will see speed and strength gradually improve, because otherwise he is looking fine for a solid 195 cm defender. He needs to improve on the big man stuff, which will come as he gets all his strength back and more.

Two years of foot injuries may explain why his leg and core strength are a bit under done - imagine that may take at least a year to two to fully rebuild. I remain hopeful we will see speed and strength gradually improve, because otherwise he is looking fine for a solid 195 cm defender. He needs to improve on the big man stuff, which will come as he gets all his strength back and more.
Yep. Looks smart and tidy - but not good enough in a contest yet.

Is he? He is rated ‘below average’ in most metrics except goal accuracy and goals per game (incidentally is only 2.3 goals a game). Fortunately he is an accurate kick for goal otherwise he would probably be rated ‘average’ for goals.

He is their main forward and has never averaged even 2.5 goals a game in any season.

In my opinion, he is nothing more than a solid player.
Just to give some perspective to 2.5 goals per game. In Collingwoods AFL history (1990) only 2 players have seasons where they went at 2.5 or better. Trav in 2011 and 2013 when he was a dominant force and Sav multiple times in an era that was more conducive to forwards kicking a lot of goals.

2.5 for a season is elite and Fritsh is at least very good. As good as any forward we have had since Trav

Just to give some perspective to 2.5 goals per game. In Collingwoods AFL history (1990) only 2 players have seasons where they went at 2.5 or better. Trav in 2011 and 2013 when he was a dominant force and Sav multiple times in an era that was more conducive to forwards kicking a lot of goals.

2.5 for a season is elite and Fritsh is at least very good. As good as any forward we have had since Trav
The Macedonian Marvel did too.

I'm not sure if his overall contribution is more than Elliott and Checkers - but he's definitely better at taking goal scoring chances than either of them.

The Macedonian Marvel did too.

I'm not sure if his overall contribution is more than Elliott and Checkers - but he's definitely better at taking goal scoring chances than either of them.
I knew i was forgetting a huge name. My "as good" would say he is at Che kers and Jamies level. Think its reasonable to think of them as having similar importance to their teams

I knew i was forgetting a huge name. My "as good" would say he is at Che kers and Jamies level. Think its reasonable to think of them as having similar importance to their teams
I'm a Fritsch fan. I think he'd kick even more goals in a different team. Whilst they get a lot of entries, it's often repeat and slow entries bombed into a congested mess.

At a team who moves it quickly giving their forwards more space, I think he'd kick a heap of goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back