Toast Round 14 = North Melbourne 118-119 Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

I wouldn't disagree with that sentiment, but close checking hasn't been Moore's forte for a while now (if ever) and Larkey is one of the few KPF's going around now who has the burst speed to maintain separation on anyone if he gets the jump on his opponent.

We need another Roughead, whether Frampton can do that to the same level I don't know, but we need to find someone who can stick to and limit the impact of the opposition's big key forward and have them taking their shots from further out / closer to the boundary as much as possible where the percentages are more against them.
Or, the captain of the club puts in a hard shift and keeps one of the oppositions only chances of being in the game quiet.

Disgrace that Moore still gets beaten this badly.

Really need to put Billy back just to cover for Moore. As others have said, he’s been out of form all season. Perplexing.

One of the more bizarre games in the history of, well, bizarre games.

Against my better judgement I read the Game Day thread, and now I'd like to complain about it.

Sure, I could ignore it, but where else can I find such delightfully vile and hate-filled posts about my team, written by fans of my team? Its to be treasured for the abomination that it is.

And its not a competition between those who thought we'd win comfortably and those who warned it was a 'danger game'. There's no moral victory to be had. We all carry mountains of Collingwood baggage - we just find different ways to deal with it in our pre-game anxiety.

Reigning premiers versus bottom of the ladder - so what? Let's just rejoice in this amazing team and club, and the fight we have in us.

Such a brilliantly worded post. Couldn’t have said it better myself.

At the end of the day we’re all Collingwood supporters. ❤️

Did anyone think that last shot of North’s with about 8 seconds to go was going to go right through?I did and I nearly shat myself.😀Luckily it went wide at the last moment.
Yep was sitting right behind it. Actually thought it went through. Couldn't believe they didn't call a review at least. My eyes are going. Actually asked my brother live what happened but apparently just missed

Just a side note, if the shoe was on the other foot for that non-50 decision we would all be furious, and rightly so. So let's not kid ourselves that we weren't very lucky there.

We did perhaps get a bit lucky but we’ve also been on the ass-end of some horrific late umpiring decisions. It’s all swings and roundabouts.

Speaking of swings and round abouts the umpires missed an even more egregious 50 with 7:25 left in the third. It would have been an easy Bobby hill goal, but you won’t hear the non-Collingwood folk mention that one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The meltdowns on Twitter are absolutely hilarious. No mention they blew a 9 goal lead and even with the 50 the goal had to be kicked from 40 under pressure but sure.

It’s so hilarious.
The missed out of bounds in the second quarter where the ball was 1m over the line, which lead to a frustrated Maynard giving away a dangerous tackle and a north goal cancels out the non-50.

Last edited:
Big Billy should have been on him.
Coaching staff too adamant that the second ruck needs to play forward. They need to get inventive and either run Frampton as second ruck from defence, or alternatively just let Kreugs do it all.

By the same token the coaches won us the game today, switching Howe and frampton, giving mccreery a run with role, playing Sidey in the guts, managing the Nick tag and bringing Reef on early.

homer simpson doctor GIF

Would a pig need to fly for the pies to land LDU. Very good

I mentioned the other day in the Trade/Draft thread that I’d rather we go for LDU than Bailey Smith

Or, the captain of the club puts in a hard shift and keeps one of the oppositions only chances of being in the game quiet.

Disgrace that Moore still gets beaten this badly.

Really need to put Billy back just to cover for Moore. As others have said, he’s been out of form all season. Perplexing.
Moore was beyond bad in that first half. I find his "defending" really infuriating at times.
I never want to see him matched up on Larkey again.

And what's happened to Quaynor this year? Absolutely fallen off a cliff!

Fin looks gone. Also think promote Maynard to captain next year he is inspiring. Moore leading the league for spoils after 9 again today. Is that the only thing he can do. Larkey said after the match that he was very loose on him.
I see you took the first opportunity you could to lay the boots in to Moore again.
Did he shit in your weeties or something years ago and you still haven’t gotten over it? I hope he did.

Amazing comeback after one of the worst halves of football we have played in recent memory.
That's a real boost leading into the bye, and then hopefully we can start getting a few players back.
Pendles, Jordy and Checkers hopefully straight back in in 2 weeks. Then, Mitchell, Elliot, Cox and McStay, leading into finals.

Just a side note, if the shoe was on the other foot for that non-50 decision we would all be furious, and rightly so. So let's not kid ourselves that we weren't very lucky there.
We were lucky indeed. There were a few decisions like that towards the end of the game though where players were given extra leeway. It did look like the Norf player was playing on initially so can understand why the umpire just called them all back, but you’re right we would have all been spewing if it was the other way around.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Round 14 = North Melbourne 118-119 Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Back