Preview Round 15, 2019: St.Kilda v Richmond - Marvel Stadium, Sunday 30th June, 1:10PM AEST *MADDIES MATCH*

Who Wins?

• Saints

Votes: 16 25.0%
  • Tigers

Votes: 48 75.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Overall, the group trained pretty well. Very energetic and vocal which was good. I'm sensing a competitive for 3 quarters then fall away in the last effort coming on.

A great report there BrutThough.

It certainly has lifted my spirits a little.....after watching last Sat night.....it's been a tough week so far.

My emotion towards the Saints is nearly running on empty.

Newnes needs to be dropped , his form warrants it.
Armitage is past his used by date and you can't hide him on a half back flank because whoever he is on will cut us to bits.
Marsh is another who could get the chop and of course Kent.
Coffield , Paton , White in and hopefully Steele is ready to go.

We bring the effort and pressure we will not be out of giving it to Richmond - play like the last 3 weeks and we will get beaten.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We still need to put in a good effort this week.
Would be a disservice to the Riewoldt name to do anything less.
If we can have a couple players that can win in there positions it will totally change the way we play - the thing is we havn't had a game winner apart from Billings against the Suns.

A key match up to me would be Wilkie on Lynch and I would put McKenzie on Martin if Steele is still out.

We need Marshall , Billings , Hannebery , Carlisle , Gresham to have good games and of course goals from Bruce and Membery for us to have a chance.

I reckon the players know Richo's coaching like the back of their hand by now so reverting to his game plan is like putting on your favourite old slippers. Might even get some results with the tried and tested Saints Footy

When one of the smartarse assistant coaches try to switch things up, it usually ends up in confusion and failure. Think Kingsley last year. We do obviously need to change, but there will be a transition period where the players struggle to play the new plays in sync with each other. Right now we're balls deep into a transition period.

Like if you got a small town marching band that had only been playing Advance Australia Fair on repeat for the last 10 years and gave them the sheet music to Bohemian Rhapsody.

Bugger, why didn't we START with Bohemian Rhapsody? For a team balls deep in transitioning, it would've made for a good parade number...let's face it Advance Australia fair would only entice the wrong demographic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back