Round 15: Carlton v Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Carlton v Richmond

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA
Ben Cousins wouldn't even come close to doing what Judd has done at Carlton.

Thanks mellow your posts in this thread has had me in tears.

What a tool you are pal. I dont recall I said that Cousins was a better role model or influence then Judd..well did I? Typical of an insecure petty minded fool like you, to do so though.............and

I like how you can comment with any authority on Ben Cousins influence on the current group at Richmond and given your comments so far, I think you know nothing ...so thanks for your contribution..it meant nothing

Both clubs should be happy with how each player can have such a constructive and positive effect on there respective playing groups. I'm more then happy with the reports on Cousins influence with our group and also hope he gets the opportunity next year

Wouldn't call that "leadership"..

We're not talking about what went on off-field here. Cousins was one of the best captains on-field the game has ever seen. Everyone knows that Judd wasn't half the captain or leader Cousins was. :)

We're not talking about what went on off-field here. ....

Leadership is about what you do on AND off the field. Taking bucketloads of drugs, and being involved in countless off-field incidents, sets a terrible role model for the younger players. The Weagles put up with it, and turned a blind eye because his individual efforts were so good during his younger days, but it eventually caught up with them. His public abusing of the assistant coach on gameday last Saturday, was just more bizarre behavior from Cousins. He's a disaster waiting to happen. In his twighlight years, he's no longer a standout, and struggles with the pace of the game. Is the risk worth it? He's also taking the spot of a younger midfielder potentially. The Tiges are always about the short term quick fix. :)

In his twighlight years, he's no longer a standout

An old run down Cousins in his twilight and 'no longer a standout' who 'struggles with the pace of the game' seemed to do pretty well against your midfield last week, tearing them up and running rings around them with 35 touches. What does that say for your team? :)

Heard of a player called Bowden? lol. Same situation. :)

How is it the same situation? Bowden is a defender who stat pads by picking up cheap kicks in the backline while Cousins is a midfielder who gut runs around the field all day, running from one contest to the next while dominating teams. Just like he did last weekend against your rabble. You really have NFI do you? :)

Heard of a player called Bowden? lol. Same situation. :)
Not one of your better comparisons, given the difference in playing styles.

How is it the same situation? Bowden is a defender who stat pads by picking up cheap kicks in the backline ...

Both Cousins and Bowden are 31 years old, both collect lots of stats, and the older Cousins possessions are on the way to becoming as damaging as Bowden's. Cousin's is better, but the comparison is certainly a valid one. Have you wondered WHY Richmond have not formerly committed to Cousins in 2010? There are 3 reasons I can think of. How about you? :)

Does anybody else find it completely hilarious & hypocritical of parrot to try and be some sort of moral compass by being super critical of the off-field antics of a particular player?

Didn't Carlton's ex-President come out two weeks ago and admit that women were paid by the club to keep quiet about several rape allegations involving different players?

Drug use, particularly in sport, is horrific. But rape crosses more social boundaries and the allegations are very serious.

Cousins has had his problems in the past but didn't have to pay others to keep them a secret. He has dealt, and probably still is dealing with them.

Does anybody else find it completely hilarious & hypocritical of parrot to try and be some sort of moral compass by being super critical of the off-field antics of a particular player?

Didn't Carlton's ex-President come out two weeks ago and admit that women were paid by the club to keep quiet about several rape allegations involving different players?

Drug use, particularly in sport, is horrific. But rape crosses more social boundaries and the allegations are very serious.

Cousins has had his problems in the past but didn't have to pay others to keep them a secret. He has dealt, and probably still is dealing with them.

Andrew Lovett Board.

Andrew Lovett Board.

Round 13 2009 Board.

Don't know where I've said on this thread or anywhere else that Andrew Lovett's actions three years ago were acceptable either? Locking your then-girlfriend in a vehicle certainly isn't acceptable behaviour. I'm sure the moral compass that is parrot and the Carlton FC would agree.

I can understand a Carlton supporters resentment towards all things Andrew Lovett though. He certainly has an impressive record against Carlton. lol. :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Both Cousins and Bowden are 31 years old, both collect lots of stats, and the older Cousins possessions are on the way to becoming as damaging as Bowden's. Cousin's is better, but the comparison is certainly a valid one. Have you wondered WHY Richmond have not formerly committed to Cousins in 2010? There are 3 reasons I can think of. How about you? :)
Actually the Richmond board HAS committed to Cousins in 2010. They are just waiting for the new coach to sign off on it. Hope that was one of your reasons?:)
Leadership is about what you do on AND off the field. Taking bucketloads of drugs, and being involved in countless off-field incidents, sets a terrible role model for the younger players. The Weagles put up with it, and turned a blind eye because his individual efforts were so good during his younger days, but it eventually caught up with them. His public abusing of the assistant coach on gameday last Saturday, was just more bizarre behavior from Cousins. He's a disaster waiting to happen.
You really don't have much of an idea. I bet before Judd came to Carlton you would've had the same mindset and opinion as EVERYONE else who knows about footy does about Cousins and his footy leadership. Cousins was/is worlds ahead of Judd in his FOOTBALL leadership. Sure being a role model off field would've helped. But surely Carlton isn't the pinnacle of role models in the first place anyway?:)
Is the risk worth it? He's also taking the spot of a younger midfielder potentially. The Tiges are always about the short term quick fix.
What risk? He came to the club for pretty much nothing and has been nothing but a standout in both off field and on field leadership and is actually contrary to what you think playing good footy (35 disposals and 7 Inside 50's against Carlton proves this).

If he was keeping a young midfielder out of the team who should be there instead then he wouldn't be playing. Facts are that Cousins is playing well and deserves his spot in the 22.:)

Actually the Richmond board HAS committed to Cousins in 2010. They are just waiting for the new coach to sign off on it....

You contradicted yourself in 2 consecutive sentences - that could be a record. If they committed they wouldn't wait of course. After Ben's on-field behaviour last Saturday (i.e. screaming at the assistant coach) their reluctance to commit is a understandable. :)

....If he was keeping a young midfielder out of the team who should be there instead then he wouldn't be playing..

This is exactly the same argument Richmond supporters have been using for years to justify the selection of an incredible number of 30+ year olders - Richo, Bowden, Johnson, Brown, Simmonds and now Cousins. And look what that disastrous decision has left you with in terms of player development. One of the main reasons (and there were a few others), 15 other clubs said PASS to taking on Cousins, was that they preferred developing, and giving their younger midfielders an opportunity that would not be there if Cousins was playing. Cousins will be 32 next year. Doesn't it make more sense developing a 19-20 year old midfielder who'll be of more benefit for the team over the next 5 years? Again, another example of a short-term quick fix approach rather than developing younger players. :)

This is exactly the same argument Richmond supporters have been using for years to justify the selection...

If a young player isn't impressing enough in the 2's to earn a spot we aren't going to gift him a gift. That just sets a bad example for the rest of the playing group that they don't have to put in to earn a game. Are you stupid? :)

LOL the thing about Cousins is that his skills and disposable stick out like a sore thing in a team full of 'battlers'

They might as well keep him on, he's about the only player there that doesn't 'butcher' the pill' ...

If a young player isn't impressing enough in the 2's to earn a spot we aren't going to gift him a gift. That just sets .....

You're just demonstrating the classic short term quick fix attitude that defines all that is wrong with your Club, and has led it to the bottom of the ladder once again. You might find this hard to believe but most other teams out there are prepared to play younger players ahead of older players even if their form is a little up and down. It's called an "investment in the future", a concept completely foreign to the Richmond Football Club and their supporters over the past 5-10 years at least. Hence, the ridiculous situation with 6, 30+ year olds on your list at the start of the year, in an attempt to get an "acceptable" mid ladder finish for Terry. It was a doomed strategy from the outset. The disastrous outcome was so predictable. :)

You might find this hard to believe but most other teams out there are prepared to play younger players ahead of older players even if their form is a little up and down. It's called an "investment in the future....

Is that like how we're playing Rance, Post, Collins, Hislop, Vickery, Edwards, Graham, Nahas, etc while Bowden, Brown and co rot at Coburg regardless of what form they show? Seems to me since Rawlings took over from leather face we're doing it. Thanks for the advice, but we've got it covered. :)

Is that like how we're playing Rance, Post, Collins, Hislop, Vickery, Edwards, Graham, Nahas, etc while Bowden, Brown and....

Doing the right thing for only 3 weeks out of 5-10 years since the new coach took over, hardly counts. Even at the start of this year you were playing a bucketload of 30+ year olders, and it was only after the players sacked Terry and Rawlings was given the job that things changed. But...will Richo and Brown return. Probably, and then we're back to the same old disastrous situation. :)

Doing the right thing.....

.....Rawlings was given the job that things changed.....

Yep. He is a great job at the moment, playing the kids and giving them every chance to make an impression. Much like last week when they nearly rolled your team which was full of much more experienced players. :)

Yep. He is a great job at the moment, playing the kids and giving them every chance to make an impression. Much like last week when they nearly rolled your team which was full of much more experienced players. :)

Nearly rolled my team?

You mean the team that was beating your mob comfortably at 3/4 time by over 5 goals, but then well and truly took the foot off the pedal in the last to only win by a little over 3 goals?

Half the team we fielded on the weekend has played under 50 games. We aren't a team full of much more experienced players at all.

But keep thinking of those excuses - they make any loss seem better :)

Nearly rolled my team?

but then well and truly took the foot off the pedal in the last to only win by a little over 3 goals?

But keep thinking of those excuses

Take your first line of advice onboard yourself, they were just not good enough and you got shown up for a lack of depth once again. If our kids kicked straight we would of won as we dominated the 3rd and 4th quarter. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back