Round 15: Carlton v Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Carlton v Richmond

Are you serious? How on Earth could 9 goals kicked against him be a "decent job"? It was a complete disaster. Watch the game and you'll see Fev kill him on the lead, overhead and outbody him and outsmart him consistently. It was a thrashing. Not much to take out of that game, apart from a highlights package on "what not to do" during his review this week. Thursfield and McGuane are just not KP defender size. They're 190-191cm, and built like stick insects. More HB flanker size. Tiges need to draft a few true KP defenders to be competitive against the AFL's top forwards. You were just lucky Setanta was rested (200cm 105kg) :)

I went to the game, seems like u didnt. Because A. He only kicked 5 on Thursfield. 2 goals were handballs from eddie betts. One goal from the boundry were he broke the tackle and the other one was on the lead. So to my eye was a decent job.

I went to the game, seems like u didnt. Because A. He only kicked 5 on Thursfield. 2 goals were handballs from eddie betts. One goal from the boundry were he broke the tackle and the other one was on the lead. So to my eye was a decent job.

It just defies logic saying a defender did a decent job, when his opponent kicks a career high 9 goals. That's the definition of a thrashing. Are you saying he did a decent job by keeping Fev to under 14 goals for the game perhaps? :)

It just defies logic saying a defender did a decent job, when his opponent kicks a career high 9 goals. That's the definition of a thrashing. Are you saying he did a decent job by keeping Fev to under 14 goals for the game perhaps? :)

lol u can't read? it says 5 there doesnt it? and how the goals were achieved? hmmm

lol u can't read? it says 5 there doesnt it? and how the goals were achieved? hmmm

A few on the lead, a few snaps, a few because of being outsmarted. Just the usual. But the issue is the number. 9 goals is a record for Fev, and a huge number of goals to be kicked by one player in the modern game. How you can say your defenders did a reasonable job when the FF kicks 9 goals defies logic. Its was a disaster. :)

A few on the lead, a few snaps, a few because of being outsmarted. Just the usual. But the issue is the number. 9 goals is a record for Fev, and a huge number of goals to be kicked by one player in the modern game. How you can say your defenders did a reasonable job when the FF kicks 9 goals defies logic. Its was a disaster. :)

I said Thursfield did a decent job :) You can say what u like. Fev had a good day. good on him. Lucky he did carlton needed it :)

For someone who does so much telling "on countless occasions" how come you went missing on Big Footy for 12 days yes 12 days after the your Essendon loss.

Only turn up when you win ???

Got it in one. The pure oxygen thief that is Parrot is the biggest laugh on Bigfooty, not to mention the most hypocritical.

All huff and puff before the Essendon game on the big stage at a neutral venue and the Blues "massive talent advantage in all areas of the ground" was really on display that evening, as it has been against Essendon the last 5 times the sides have met. Then it went missing, very inconveniently for a large period after the game until after those "young talented" Blues managed to scramble over the line over an impressive Fremantle outfit.

Here are the closing stages of this wonderful Carlton team take the Dons to the cleaners, just for you Parrot, as you predicted they would, if you inconveniently missed them -

[YOUTUBE]DnKwbpveJJI[/YOUTUBE]

Let me get this straight, We are playing better football now then when we flogged the Bulldogs/Collingwood by 40+ points? If so bring on Collingwood in 2 weeks time for a percentage boost :)

Its funny because you had a full side in during round 1 and only half a side this weekend but somehow we played better to only beat you by 20 points instead of 83? was it.

Irish is all we have out of our side is it? Scotland, Stevens, Waite, Bower, Walker & Warnock must be spuds if Irish is the only player out of our 22 today that would make a difference to our side...

2 points.
1.You beat the Dogs and Collingwood when they were at their worst. FFSake the Eagles beat the Dogs earlier in the year.
2. Scotland , Stevens are they really that much better tham some of the guys you have in your team?? Waite is a gun and Bower is on the improve I will give you those two, but Warnock and Walker do they ever fu#@ing play??:eek:

2 points.
1.You beat the Dogs and Collingwood when they were at their worst. FFSake the Eagles beat the Dogs earlier in the year.
2. Scotland , Stevens are they really that much better tham some of the guys you have in your team?? Waite is a gun and Bower is on the improve I will give you those two, but Warnock and Walker do they ever fu#@ing play??:eek:

We always thrash the Pies because they lack a quality midfield. We always thump the Bulldogs, because they play unaccountable footy and have no KP forwards. We also beat the Lions twice. Look, I'm the first to admit the Blues have been very disappointing this year. I'd rate season 2009 at 2 out of 10 in fact. But compared to the Tiges, who are sitting point-equal last with only 3 wins for the whole season, we are light years ahead. BTW Warnock and Walker are close to return. Both are top-shelf talents. Waite is a superstar, and a huge miss. Bower is the best young defender in the AFL, period. Setanta was rested, and has been a revelation at CHF. Scotland? Excellent disposal but I have question marks re. defensive efforts. Stevens is out because Ratten has taken a stance and told him to regain some form and work on the defensive side of his game. He's clearly better than some of the players we played against the Tiges, but we want him to step it up heading toward the finals. Stevens will never be an in an under player, but he is the most damaging kick into the forward 50 in the AFL. you should know that given some of the absolute pastings Stevens has given the Tiges over the years e.g. last Years Happy Birthday game, last quarter. Foley knows all about it. :)

2 points.

Very convenient excuse to downplay our wins isn't it? We still beat them. They're still very good sides regardless and by winning vs Brisbane (twice, including at the Gabba), Collingwood and the Bulldogs... we've proven we can match it with the top sides. Very close to beating the Saints too, who were perhaps close to full strength, if not fielding their strongest list at that time.

The only issue is that if our top tier players struggle, the entire team struggles due to our lack of good players in the lower tiers. Thus, there is a huge gap between our best and worst performances.

2. Scotland , Stevens are they really that much better tham some of the guys you have in your team??

Yeah. Definitely Scotland, he's been great for us ever since we got him and would easily slot into our top 10. Why he was dropped, I'm not sure... but I am assuming they are resting him as he's had no preseason and limited match time due to hip surgery. As for Stevens, I think you of all supporters should know how good he can be... he's killed you guys in the past. Unfortunately his form has been very poor, but if he finds any, then yes, top 10. IMO the turning point was when he injured his neck, ever since then he's well, changed... less confident.

win1soon said:

You must be very easy to please. Fevola annihilated him, he kicked 4 goals on him in a quarter FFS! And kept on going, until Thursfield was moved off him - and there's a big reason why he was. A "decent" job is keeping him under a bag and all sulky... there have been other defenders who have done decent jobs on him, and Thursfield wasn't one of them because he got beaten easily and had a bag of 5 against his name.

Maybe the Carlton supporters scared our kids?

They invented the word ugly at a Carlton home game I'm sure and they must have been sitting in their cheer squad.

There are no oil paintings in these mobs Smasha ... :D

thefans.jpg

0,5001,6401123,00.jpg

svCOUSINS_gallery__470x264.jpg

Definitely Scotland, he's been great for us ever since we got him and would easily slot into our top 10. ...
...As for Stevens, I think you of all supporters should know how good he can be...

Stevens is a nice kick and has footy smarts. BUT he is slow as, the game has passed him, just put a zippy player on him and he has NO defensive side of him...Easy to counter him

Scotland is slow and lets face it, he has been demoted to a HB flanker...put a marking running player on him and he has no idea overhead...
He is good at getting the loose ball but has no idea how to run into space to cut out supply...

You must be very easy to please. Fevola annihilated him, he kicked 4 goals on him in a quarter FFS! And kept on going, until Thursfield was moved off him - and there's a big reason why he was. A "decent" job is keeping him under a bag and all sulky... there have been other defenders who have done decent jobs on him, and Thursfield wasn't one of them because he got beaten easily and had a bag of 5 against his name.

Fev? The Fev that is the most go to man in the history of the game???
Try, try and he may succeed??

First 1/4 he was targeted 8 times...output was one mark or one goal cant recall what the result was.
He was gifted 2 goals by handball had two free kicks given one laughable...

He most likely was the go to man on over 30 occasions... Lets see Dunstall, Lockett, Lloyd, Ablett be given that opportunity with true full backs on them...

Has the Fev kicked 100 goals in a season yet?? We know HF Franklin did...;)

Are you serious? How on Earth could 9 goals kicked against him be a "decent job"? It was a complete disaster. Watch the game and you'll see Fev kill him on the lead, overhead and outbody him and outsmart him consistently. It was a thrashing. Not much to take out of that game, apart from a highlights package on "what not to do" during his review this week. Thursfield and McGuane are just not KP defender size. They're 190-191cm, and built like stick insects. More HB flanker size. Tiges need to draft a few true KP defenders to be competitive against the AFL's top forwards. You were just lucky Setanta was rested (200cm 105kg) :)
you change everything to suit you. i thought both Thursfield and McGuane got smashed but now we are only talking about one and you say will had all the goals kicked on him and also got gifted some goals.

i really hope you become the carlton recruiter one day. considering you think a HBF should be over 190cm. what should a ruckmen be? 230cm? and you wont touch anyone under 189cm.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Got it in one. The pure oxygen thief that is Parrot is the biggest laugh on Bigfooty, not to mention the most hypocritical.

All huff and puff before the Essendon game on the big stage at a neutral venue and the Blues "massive talent advantage in all areas of the ground" was really on display that evening, as it has been against Essendon the last 5 times the sides have met. Then it went missing, very inconveniently for a large period after the game until after those "young talented" Blues managed to scramble over the line over an impressive Fremantle outfit.

Here are the closing stages of this wonderful Carlton team take the Dons to the cleaners, just for you Parrot, as you predicted they would, if you inconveniently missed them -

[YOUTUBE]DnKwbpveJJI[/YOUTUBE]

I particularly liked this post.

Note the person it is aimed at refuses to explain her 12 day "hiatus".

Just a question for those at the game, were the conditions that big of a deal? The commentators kept going on and on about how bad the wind was and the skills as a result suffered, but i think it was more to do with decision making and actual kicking ability of the teams. Also Richmond severly need a tall forward capable of kicking bags and they wouldnt be half bad if they had one, yet somehow they were still in the game against Carlton who relied on there superstar to kick goals. Saying that KPF are hard to come by these days especially those as good as Fevola or Franklin.

Just a question for those at the game, were the conditions that big of a deal? The commentators kept going on and on about how bad the wind was and the skills as a result suffered, but i think it was more to do with decision making and actual kicking ability of the teams. Also Richmond severly need a tall forward capable of kicking bags and they wouldnt be half bad if they had one, yet somehow they were still in the game against Carlton who relied on there superstar to kick goals. Saying that KPF are hard to come by these days especially those as good as Fevola or Franklin.

One of the windiest games I've ever been too.

It was swirling all over the place.

Made the new stand sing.

Stevens is a nice kick and has footy smarts. BUT he is slow as, the game has passed him, just put a zippy player on him and he has NO defensive side of him...Easy to counter him

It is a fitness and confidence issue, as he wasn't doing as badly last year.

I'm not going to defend his lack of a defensive side, but the upside is higher than you may think because he can be a very damaging midfielder. It is ultimately about his effectiveness in the team. He certainly played well vs you guys without Judd in Round 14 last year, where were you then? Where was the counter? All players have their weaknesses, but if they are tearing it up, who really gives a stuff if you put a fast player on him and said counter doesn't do shit. Better him copping it than Murphy or Judd.

Whether or not he is doing shit now, he's good enough to be in our best. Yeah, he's having a terrible patch but does that mean he's gone? Not necessarily, but the rest of the season will tell.

Scotland is slow and lets face it, he has been demoted to a HB flanker...put a marking running player on him and he has no idea overhead...
He is good at getting the loose ball but has no idea how to run into space to cut out supply...

I don't care if he is slow; he's still a great user of the ball, works hard and shows plenty of courage. His role is to set up attacks from HBF, he is not a one on one defender and he would be better suited in the midfield. Considering that he links up many times to provide options to set something up invalidates your "no idea how to run into space" remark. You are probably basing this on what you have seen from him this year. Not every player on your list can be terrific overhead, or as fast as a Davey... playing to his strengths makes him a good enough player. Certainly good enough to be in our top ten, which is the whole point of this discussion in the first place.

Fev? The Fev that is the most go to man in the history of the game???
Try, try and he may succeed??

First 1/4 he was targeted 8 times...output was one mark or one goal cant recall what the result was.
He was gifted 2 goals by handball had two free kicks given one laughable...

He still kicked five on him. In a quarter and a bit. That still stands whether he got the ball kicked to him, or had received a handball - that doesn't negate the five kicked against him. Scoreboard is all that matters here.

Using all the 8 is pointless as some of these may have been chopped off by another player (due to terrible disposal), kicked over his head or in a 3-1 situation.

He most likely was the go to man on over 30 occasions... Lets see Dunstall, Lockett, Lloyd, Ablett be given that opportunity with true full backs on them...

Don't see how this invalidates Fevola beating him. He was clearly beating him, otherwise if it was working, Thursfield would not have been moved off him.

Has the Fev kicked 100 goals in a season yet?? We know HF Franklin did...;)

Getting a little desperate?

I particularly liked this post.

Note the person it is aimed at refuses to explain her 12 day "hiatus".

Be careful PJ, that chip on your shoulder is rapidly turning into a boulder ...

Really the Tigers were lucky only to lose by 20 points, we took the gas off the pedal in the final quarter ...

I think it's now been proven that Carlton are at least a 6 or 7 goal better side then Richmond ...

All i know is that we had a very off day and still had no trouble beeting the Tigers. The Tigers best player by far was their oldest player Cousins who carried the "team".

Only doom and gloom ahead Tigers fans unlike us !;)

I think you and others are understating his longterm influence on the playing group. In particular the younger group, as he is highly revered and looked up to by them. They are influenced and model many of his habits and customs that have made him such a great player and thats an intangible that is yet to be really measured. I think you'll find Judd has also had a similar effect on your playing group since going to Carlton.

That in itself is justification enough for him being at the club and hopefully that influence will remain and help shape our emerging younger group over the next season or 2.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA
Ben Cousins wouldn't even come close to doing what Judd has done at Carlton.

Thanks mellow your posts in this thread has had me in tears.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA
Ben Cousins wouldn't even come close to doing what Judd has done at Carlton.

Thanks mellow your posts in this thread has had me in tears.

What has Judd done for Carlton besides become a VISY ambassador? He can't even pull Fev in line when he's having a 'bad day'. I'm not surprised though, Cousins was always the better leader at WC, even when Judd was the captain.

What has Judd done for Carlton besides become a VISY ambassador? He can't even pull Fev in line when he's having a 'bad day'. I'm not surprised though, Cousins was always the better leader at WC, even when Judd was the captain.

Wow is that all you got??

Much like Richmond is at the moment Carlton were a rabble a few seasons back. Judd has shown the young kids the professionalism required to become a premiership player.

What is exactly has Cousins done besides not taking drugs.

...What has Judd done for Carlton besides become a VISY ambassador? He can't even pull Fev in line when he's having a 'bad day'......

He did last Saturday, and Fev went on to kick 9. We now know Cousins was taking drugs during his captaincy at the Weagles. Wouldn't call that "leadership". It's the reason their Club and player group didn't want him back. I hope Ben recovers from his drug addiction, but saying he's an inspirational captain given what he's done is a bit far fetched. He's been an anti-role model in fact. His abusing of the Richmond assistent coach on gameday last Saturday was pretty pathetic, and even your coach publically stated that behaviour wasn't acceptable especially from a 31 year old. Is this the sort of "role model" you need? 15 other Clubs said "PASS", and are still comfortable with not taking Cousins. Cousins was desperate, and Richmond were desperate, so it was a perfect match in a way I guess. Will be interesting to see whether the new coach wants him to play on. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back