Preview Round 16, 2024: Hawthorn v West Coast Eagles, 30 June 2024 (Sun), 4:40pm @ Optus Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

We're a stronger side than the Eagles, however the home ground advantage and coming off the bye slightly evens the playing field.

Won't be too surprised if this is our banana peel game.

Still confident our talent and recent form will get the job done though.

We're a stronger side than the Eagles, however the home ground advantage and coming off the bye slightly evens the playing field.

Won't be too surprised if this is our banana peel game.

Still confident our talent and recent form will get the job done though.
Haha…..banana peel

You been reading Fox footy

Perhaps not talked about enough is that if the dominos fall our way we could be equal in points with a couple teams that are in the 8 at the end of the week, only sitting outside on %.

It isn't like we need the entire season to climb our way back, we could actually sit in there in 2-3 weeks. Win this and the Geelong game is absolutely massive (chance to leapfrog them at GMHBA if they lose to Essendon this round).

why would Chad get a game when he was injured last week and is a test. A few others banging on the door at BH: Mitchell, Ward, Fin, Morrison, Serong, Hustwaite, Bennetts to name a few. The popular narrative is Ryan because he played well on Reid in a junior game.....

I suspect no change TBH.
Yeah, i'd be playing JB ahead of Wingard at this stage.

I think only one change this week
Lewis In
Gunston Out

Team Lineups
B: B.Hardwick S.Frost J.Weddle
F: J.Cripps O.Allen J.Waterman

HB: J.Impey J.Scrimshaw J.Sicily
HF: L.Ryan B.Williams J.Darling

C: C.Jiath C.Nash M.D'Ambrosio
C: J.Hunt H.Reid J.Petruccelle

HF: D.Moore M.Chol C.McDonald
HB: L.Duggan J.McGovern A.Witherden

F: J.Ginnivan M.Lewis C.Dear
B: B.Hough T.Barrass J.Rotham

Foll: L.Meek W.Day J.Newcombe
Foll: M.Flynn E.Yeo T.Kelly

Int: J.Worpel K.Amon C.Mackenzie N.Watson
Int: R.Ginbey T.Brockman C.Chesser J.Jones

Sub: L.Breust
Sub: R.Maric

I’d like to think we can maintain our momentum from pre-bye but it’s a massive watch for mine when travelling interstate first up after a break.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’d like to think we can maintain our momentum from pre-bye but it’s a massive watch for mine when travelling interstate first up after a break.
I would be less confident if we had a winning record, the fact that every game feels like an elimination final has me feeling that we will have our heads fully in the game.

Is Brockman still playing as a forward? He has no goals from 7 games which suggests he may have been moved to the back half.
I may be wrong but I think he may have been in the midfield on the weekend.

I have a feeling I saw some highlights with him there but I had a weekend that The German Hunter would be proud of.
So fair chance I dreamt/imagined it 😉

I may be wrong but I think he may have been in the midfield on the weekend.

I have a feeling I saw some highlights with him there but I had a weekend that The German Hunter would be proud of.
So fair chance I dreamt/imagined it 😉
You could be right - just checked the stats and he had 5 clearances - although his possession count (14) was low for a mid. Maybe he rotated between midfield and forward/back.

Seems simple, if Lewis is ready he comes in for Gunston or Dear. If not, no change. Any talk of him not being best 22 and I’m not going to listen to that posters opinion on football at any point in the future. Immediately improves our team, if it takes 2-3 games to get match fitness then so be it.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see a spot created for Ward in the next couple of weeks though, after reading the comments from Sam and hearing Rob McCartney.

I think only one change this week
Lewis In
Gunston Out

Team Lineups
B: B.Hardwick S.Frost J.Weddle
F: J.Cripps O.Allen J.Waterman

HB: J.Impey J.Scrimshaw J.Sicily
HF: L.Ryan B.Williams J.Darling

C: C.Jiath C.Nash M.D'Ambrosio
C: J.Hunt H.Reid J.Petruccelle

HF: D.Moore M.Chol C.McDonald
HB: L.Duggan J.McGovern A.Witherden

F: J.Ginnivan M.Lewis C.Dear
B: B.Hough T.Barrass J.Rotham

Foll: L.Meek W.Day J.Newcombe
Foll: M.Flynn E.Yeo T.Kelly

Int: J.Worpel K.Amon C.Mackenzie N.Watson
Int: R.Ginbey T.Brockman C.Chesser J.Jones

Sub: L.Breust
Sub: R.Maric
No Lewis in Perth. Hopefully a full game at Box Hill.

I've lost my momentum as a supporter (it's been a long, boring 2 weeks of no football after riding the highs) – but in some ways it'll be hard for the players too; a little bit like returning to work on a Monday after a holiday. So they can be forgiven for being a little rusty but am glad we're playing the Eagles not the Swans. Hawks by 29

Remove this Banner Ad

Back