Preview Round 16, 2024: Hawthorn v West Coast Eagles, 30 June 2024 (Sun), 4:40pm @ Optus Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys sorry to intrude

Harry Morrison where has he been playing in the VFL? Noticed hitting scoreboard but not getting heaps of the ball in stats

Maybe pointing to a Half fwd role? Is that where we expect him to play

Or Hardwick rolling fwd again?
Not getting heaps of the ball in stats? Do you know which one is Harry Morrison? He wears number 1.

His last three matches have been 36 33 and 34 possessions. He's getting stacks of the ball.

I don’t think it makes sense to name the sub any sooner than an hour before bounce down.

Naming it when the team is announced 48 hrs prior, makes zero sense
Every team will already know who their sub will be. It’s not like teams are waiting until just before the bounce to decide.

Let’s supporters know and hurts nothing.

I don’t think it makes sense to name the sub any sooner than an hour before bounce down.

Naming it when the team is announced 48 hrs prior, makes zero sense

There simply shouldn't be subs.

For the players and the Supercoach players alike.

We all hate it.

Every team will already know who their sub will be. It’s not like teams are waiting until just before the bounce to decide.

Let’s supporters know and hurts nothing.
How do you know that? Are you sitting on the match committee of every AFL club?

How do you know that? Are you sitting on the match committee of every AFL club?
Yeah I help pick every team that runs out there.

Sub is so different to starting on ground. That teams would be picking their 22 then working out the sub.

Only time it would be different is when someone’s already planned to be the sub like what seems to have happened this year with Breust.

There simply shouldn't be subs.

For the players and the Supercoach players alike.

We all hate it.
I agree there shouldn’t be subs.

But I don’t think using Supercoach as a reason to get rid of it is valid

Now that's something I will blame Clarko for, I've hated the sub ever since it came in.

Just an awful, awful, awful dogs breakfast of a rule change.
The biggest embarrassment of it all is that we got rid of it and then brought it back

And yes the sub is decided before teams have been announced on a Thursday night, it’s just one very minor mind game they can play

I will never forget how great Crawf was!
Legend!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I put a poll up in the poll board between who was the better player and Cousins beat Crawford 70% to 30% which surprises me considering Crawf had that team on his back for a large part of his career whereas Cousins had Judd, Kerr & Cox when he was at his best individually!!

True,its hes great form at box hill and he deserves a recall because of it.
One of the things that people forget aboui Harry is that he has more than neat skills and a footy brain, he is also one of our best endurance runners. He covers a lot of territory, can lend a hand in defence and then bob up with a goal. Smart selection for this game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I put a poll up in the poll board between who was the better player and Cousins beat Crawford 70% to 30% which surprises me considering Crawf had that team on his back for a large part of his career whereas Cousins had Judd, Kerr & Cox when he was at his best individually!!
Crawf had an all time great season when he won the Brownlow. In a team that was mediocre. Had we won more games he would have smashed the vote record IMO. Cousins was consistently very good but I reckon Crawf's best was better. Ran all day and had elite pace and skill and could take a hanger. His underrated in the football world because we were largely average most of his career. Only really got recognition when we won the flag.

Let’s have a ‘dance off’?

I am totally with you but I may have my rose coloured glasses on?
Not many players can win games by dragging the whole team across the line with them and thats what Crawf did for a lot of his career!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Do we have this kind of player now, maybe Day

Newcombe last year against Brisbane comes to mind. We were down at half time, then he came out and had 14 touches in the third quarter, we hit the lead, and never looked like losing after that.

Crawf had an all time great season when he won the Brownlow. In a team that was mediocre. Had we won more games he would have smashed the vote record IMO. Cousins was consistently very good but I reckon Crawf's best was better. Ran all day and had elite pace and skill and could take a hanger. His underrated in the football world because we were largely average most of his career. Only really got recognition when we won the flag.
Think that Crawf playing the fool on the Footy Show also detracted to how good he was. He was 6 votes ahead of second place in that year and we only won 10 games.

Not sure that is true. He did like to party that was for sure.
He’s admitted to taking coc when playing if my memory serves me right in his doco. That is very much a stimulant, especially if taken on match day.
Crawf was the best player in the comp in the year he won the Brownlow, imagine the heights he would’ve reached if he was in a midfield with two other guns.
Crawford was the only thing we had to cheer for week in week out, during a pretty shitty period.

They did. Last game we played at the WACA was a Saturday night game in 1999 and was a ripper too. WCE got off to a flyer and we were down by as much as 6 goals at one stage until a Crawford led comeback and we won by 2 points.

Before you ask, no I don't have a photographic memory. :) Your question triggered a memory so I did a little digging after checking the head to head vs WCE then this awesome video filled in the rest. What a game that was!

I did spot myself in the crowd at the end.

He’s admitted to taking coc when playing if my memory serves me right in his doco. That is very much a stimulant, especially if taken on match day.
Crawf was the best player in the comp in the year he won the Brownlow, imagine the heights he would’ve reached if he was in a midfield with two other guns.
Crawford was the only thing we had to cheer for week in week out, during a pretty shitty period.
During Shane’s 16 season career he played in 5 more wins (154) than losses (149). This included 12 finals games across 6 seasons where we made finals.

We had a couple of seasons when we were uncompetitive, but otherwise we were still very relevant and far more than a “one man band”.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back