Game Day Round 16, 2024: St.Kilda v Port Adelaide - Marvel Stadium - Sunday 30th June, 1.10pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Matt Hill is a great commentator, he calls the game without any bias, unlike Jordan Lewis and Huddo who are barracking for Port.

I’m fine with the commentary team talking about the umpiring. It needs to be heard so the AFL actually does something about it.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Dougal Howard is our spirit avatar, lots of good with the occasional braindead.

What this team could achieve if they played consistent football.

Playing decent footy.

King remains a huge concern. We look better when he is off the ground.

Just never seems to get to good spots. Doesn't feel like he will ever be a number one forward. He ain't that guy.

We need another tall forward who is consistently dangerous.

Did better as the quarter went along - but like taking a knife to a gun fight with our midfield.

Yes I know we’ve all talked about it a million times but the #1 problem we have

Good Q1, but Saints can improve.

For instance, just kick the ball between the tall center posts. It’s so much better. You see:

| 1 | 6 | 1 |

Do that, and you will win.

Great to see Snags has his kicking boots on today

Commentators just bagging the hell out of both Saints & Port today .... sticking the boots in whenever they can ..... if it was the Swans v Carlton it would be the greatest quarter ever

Max King probably the only one out there who had a worse quarter than the umps. Hopefully he's had his fill of donuts for the day.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Playing decent footy.

King remains a huge concern. We look better when he is off the ground.

Just never seems to get to good spots. Doesn't feel like he will ever be a number one forward. He ain't that guy.

We need another tall forward who is consistently dangerous.
FFS get King up the ground running back he’s far far better

Been such a consistent butcher of easy goal scoring opportunities for years that in my view he should not be in the team despite fact he turns it on every 6 or 7 games.
Wow.

You don't want the only guy in the team who kicks regular goals for us? Higgins is hands down our best forward, it's not up for debate.

Did better as the quarter went along - but like taking a knife to a gun fight with our midfield.

Yes I know we’ve all talked about it a million times but the #1 problem we have

We have no agency from the start, zero. They make plans, it starts to happen, and there is literally no one that is trying to burst in and engage, they are all half stepping.

Translate to Port who are a semi competent midfield and it's night and day.

Has always been our issue since lord Lenny, no one can read a damned tap.

It’s like the commentary has a set against us from the start. Anything that is near a mistake is just St Kilda. Perhaps that is their perception but it colours their comments. Other teams might do similar stuff but get cut slack.

Lewis is doing my head in. Healy trying to be even, but even he has his moments. Perhaps I am just one-eyed. Guilty as charged.

Max King probably the only one out there who had a worse quarter than the umps. Hopefully he's had his fill of donuts for the day.
You can add the following:
1 possessions: Owens, Shoenmakers
2 possessions: Dow, Winghager, Battle, Camaniti, Wood

WTF are the coaches doing Dow has attended 1 centre stoppage. Clark & Steele too slow and reactive getting smashed out of the middle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back