Opinion Round 16 Changes vs. Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think a lot of people here are jumping at shadows. Let's not forget we are 12 and 2 and top of the league ladder. Nobody would have been saying these things after the first 8 rounds. We are clearly going through a form slump and we need to get back to playing our best footy. I'd rather be going through the slump now than going into the finals. We have time to get it right. The footy we were playing in the first 8 rounds was good enough to beat any side. In RTB we trust;)

I think a lot of people here are jumping at shadows. Let's not forget we are 12 and 2 and top of the league ladder. Nobody would have been saying these things after the first 8 rounds. We are clearly going through a form slump and we need to get back to playing our best footy. I'd rather be going through the slump now than going into the finals. We have time to get it right. The footy we were playing in the first 8 rounds was good enough to beat any side. In RTB we trust;)
I also think these past couple of weeks have been unsettling for most people/teams etc Most of us (including the team) wrote this game off as a loss as soon as the fixtures came out - seems like they played accordingly

We will both get shot down in flames but amen brother.:)

I'm fairly sure somehow the ****wits will drop Tendai again....... for whatever reason, but mostly just to piss me off I reckon!!! :eek:

Useless log Clarke out - Griff in .......FFS, my TV won't last one more match without a broken screen if he plays again this year!

MDB out - Blakely in
Suban out - Weller in
Surely we lose nothing by giving these two kids a shot. Frankly, they couldn't be any more useless than those guys - so why not find out?
Perhaps Ballas out, move Mayne permanent back and bring Tabs in.

I think we have underestimated the loss that Johnson has been to our team. Structurally he is critical, but he is also a general and a leader. Players like him demand more out of their team mates, and raise the bar for performance. The sooner we get him back the better. I liken our season to Ports last year atm. Let's hope we come home strong like they did!

You guys are in big trouble if you don't bring your A-Game.

Get prepared to be cleaned up on the inside by never ageing Carrazzo and the elite disposal of Ed Curnow. I'd also suggest you to bring in a tagger to try and dilute the influence of outside beasts Tutt and Boekhurst.

Should be a very even game. Both sides looking to go far into September... this could potentially be the grand final dress rehearsal.

Last edited:
So Duff was shit but Suban and Clancee were ok?

They were all fairly terrible. A wise man once said you can't defend the indefensible and I'm not about to start trying. They are my proposed changes, others will have theirs. Duff has been ordinary (at best) all year and has a ready made replacement in Sutcliffe, who has gone back to the twos and found it 30 times...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Get prepared to get cleaned up on the inside by never ageing Carrazzo and the elite disposal of Ed Curnow. I'd also suggest you to bring in a tagger to try and dilute the influence of outside beasts Tutt and Boekhurst.

Should be a very even game. Both sides looking to go far into September... this could potentially be the grand final dress rehearsal.

How about we make it GF and stuff the rest. ;)

Disagree somewhat. To expect to beat Hawthorn away with the same team is pretty dumb. We have tried the same players and game plan under RTB for years and have been smacked by the Hawks time and again.
If we are good enough to make it deep into the finals and come across the Hawks, God help us.
Blakely and Weller are not ready Freo. We are still in a very good position. Tassie is a long road trip. Not making excuses but don't lose face just yet over one belting.

Blakely and Weller are not ready Freo. We are still in a very good position. Tassie is a long road trip. Not making excuses but don't lose face just yet over one belting.
No premiership winning side would ever get utterly reamed like the way we did. That was a putrid effort. How do you know Blakely and Weller aren't afl ready? Did you think the same about Stephen Hill and Nat Fyfe when they first joined the club? Give em a go. We need some sort of change to the team because this current one is not good enough to win a flag right now.

Simpson not ready this year, not ready next year end up like the blues, betts gone, garlett gone, young player did not play a game of afl. U got another 20-40 year not all the fan got that to wait for premiership. If sun and gws win first. I cant bother to said tell u so because i dont want to be proving myself right and freo never win the big one.

Last edited:
Where is Lost_Deputy at... Surely suban and co are all just playing their roles...

Suban - deboer and now mayne are just not skilled enough to get us up against the Hawks. We have to be able to score. They become essentially three passengers.

Clarke was shizen just pure reeking shizen.

We missed an opportunity last week to bring in a youngster or two. I can't see us making wholesale changes but would love to see suban moved on from permanently.

If there aren't changes after a beating like that we are in trouble. I agree they shouldn't be wholesale but Suban - maybe and Sheridan or Duffield out would be way I'm looking for.

Get prepared to be cleaned up on the inside by never ageing Carrazzo and the elite disposal of Ed Curnow. I'd also suggest you to bring in a tagger to try and dilute the influence of outside beasts Tutt and Boekhurst.

Thread has peaked.

Out: Freo role players :mad:
In: Peel wunderkinds :cool:

Am I doing it right? :p

On a serious note, bring a few of the kids in and see what they've got, give a few blokes the arse and see if they can work there way back in from the end of the far queue.

However in doing so we need to realise that perhaps our window is closing and "playing the kids" essentially puts us in transition mode and the finals campaign could get a bit ugly.

We know we get mediocre output from our bottom 6 and plenty were woeful today, but we can't expect too much from our young guns other than giving a solid account of themselves and glimpses of their future output. As I say, bring them in this week but let's temper our expectations a tad.

Hopefully some of those shafted back to Peel take the rocket and pull a finger out.

Last edited:
Where is Lost_Deputy at... Surely suban and co are all just playing their roles...

Suban - deboer and now mayne are just not skilled enough to get us up against the Hawks. We have to be able to score. They become essentially three passengers.

Clarke was shizen just pure reeking shizen.

We missed an opportunity last week to bring in a youngster or two. I can't see us making wholesale changes but would love to see suban moved on from permanently.

If there aren't changes after a beating like that we are in trouble. I agree they shouldn't be wholesale but Suban - maybe and Sheridan or Duffield out would be way I'm looking for.

They will all return after next week win and say the loss was an outlier.

The fact is against the very top tier teams these players consistently struggle and will continue to.

There is no doubt they're good enough for playing the bottom teams, but the bigger picture is that we're playing for a premiership. And from what I am seeing Ross is making the same mistakes he did at the Saints. Being risk averse and going for the 'role players' is plain stupid.

If he gets a week for that, I think I might be done watching footy. Seriously, that's a 50m penalty, nothing more, nothing less.

How was it 50 in the first place though? It was in the contest and he wasn't late. It should have been payed a mark or a free for either high contact or front on contact like every other similar incident is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back