Game Day Round 17, 2024 : Geelong v Hawthorn, 4:35pm GMHBA stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m really confident but know it’ll be a closer game. Just can’t see how they run with the midfield group, should dominate through the middle and look super potent forward, defense has been awesome too, matchups wise aswell.

But it’s Geelong v Hawthorn and who knows, going in confident but expecting any result.

For those making the pilgrimage from the sacred heart of Glenferrie Oval here is a suggested itinerary.

If you’re travelling into Southern Cross on the Belgrave or Lilydale train lines, the connection with the Geelong train is only 5mins; so be prepared to hurry or it’s about 30mins until the next one. Please allow accordingly. That means tune for a coffee or beer on the flip side.

This gets you into Geelong with plenty of time to sample some nectar at The Sawyers Arms or Barwon Club Hotel. Both of which are very close to the stadium.

If you don’t want to take the connecting coach at Geelong then it’s about a 2k walk to Kardinia Park.

After the game, I believe there are a couple of extra trains from Geelong (not sure if they are putting on coaches from South Geelong though) so as always double check PTV & Vline before you travel.
Go Hawks!

Attachments

• IMG_6501.png
    IMG_6501.png
    128.5 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_6502.png
    IMG_6502.png
    84.2 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

PSA for any Geelong supporters travelling on the train. Please don’t forget to take your personal belongings with you!

Attachments

• 1720219400964.jpeg
    1720219400964.jpeg
    28.7 KB · Views: 49
That last game still leaves a bad taste in the mouth those first 5 goals they kicked ……. 4 of them out of their arse! I hope we start off this way today.

Looking at the kids we have drafted under Sam/MM being competitive, hardworking and a strong will to succeed are common traits. Well here is an opportunity to take a big step here’s your chance boys 🤞

We need to kick straight today to put the pressure on, they will be pulling them out of their arse.
straight kicking, a good start, not getting overawed, and not getting sucked into playing into Geelong's tactics (i.e. constantly bombing it to the forward line, seemingly without a plan)

That last game still leaves a bad taste in the mouth those first 5 goals they kicked ……. 4 of them out of their arse! I hope we start off this way today.

Looking at the kids we have drafted under Sam/MM being competitive, hardworking and a strong will to succeed are common traits. Well here is an opportunity to take a big step here’s your chance boys 🤞
Hawkins kicked 4 that day. His first was an absolute ripper from the boundary.
Henry kicked 4. May be the sub today.
Stengle drained a 50m snap after we spoiled a ball over the line,.which they called fn deliberate.

The ruck is massive today. It has to be Blics.
There's no way they can leave Lewis, Chol and Gunner to Henry, Kolo and Stewart. SDK will have to go back.

I'm expecting Meek to destroy Blics in there and give us first use all day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back