Game Day Round 17, 2024 : Geelong v Hawthorn, 4:35pm GMHBA stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hawkins kicked 4 that day. His first was an absolute ripper from the boundary.
Henry kicked 4. May be the sub today.
Stengle drained a 50m snap after we spoiled a ball over the line,.which they called fn deliberate.

The ruck is massive today. It has to be Blics.
There's no way they can leave Lewis, Chol and Gunner to Henry, Kolo and Stewart. SDK will have to go back.

I'm expecting Meek to destroy Blics in there and give us first use all day.
Agree Meek a massive difference maker. We should win the midfield battle. From there forward efficiency will need to be at the right level to win. Can’t be wasting opportunities against this mob.

Biggest game for the club in half a decade. Win and we are right in the finals frame

Hawkins kicked 4 that day. His first was an absolute ripper from the boundary.
Henry kicked 4. May be the sub today.
Stengle drained a 50m snap after we spoiled a ball over the line,.which they called fn deliberate.

The ruck is massive today. It has to be Blics.
There's no way they can leave Lewis, Chol and Gunner to Henry, Kolo and Stewart. SDK will have to go back.

I'm expecting Meek to destroy Blics in there and give us first use all day.
Tmrw I want to see a pic with three hanging off him!
1720221644349.jpeg

If you’re driving today there are a few rules:-
1 Don’t
2 Leave early if you have no alternative. Traffic will be abysmal both ways.

Cats right now…
Fail So Close GIF by Hill's Pet Nutrition

Hawks right now…
Michael Jackson Dancing GIF by NBA

Hawks by plenty!

Looking forward to this!!!

Things I want to see:
1. Goal ckicking to click for the wiz
2. Mitch Lewis to take some big outlet marks for us (we have missed this!!!)
3. Keep them to 5 goals or less in the first half
4. Chol to kick 4+. This guy really deserves a big bag

Looking at season averages cats seem to have a low disposal efficiency and low number of marks.

It’s goal efficiency which seems to save them. Seems to correlate with the ‘impending cliff’ talk

8DA512AD-2899-45D0-9164-5771B037DD64.jpeg

No need to tag Stewart if he’s playing in the midfield. Need to tag Touhy as he plays the loose man (the Stewart role) and Geelongs entire game plan is built around it.

Wizz to kick 6 straight.

Go hawks

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Copy of Copy of Copy of Green Soft Natural Minimalist Photo Collage Instagr_20240706_093917_0000.png
My three to watch today:
Lewis returning to the Seniors - we know the best of Mitch can tear games apart but will be fascinated seeing him and Chol working together. Had 3 glimpses earlier this year when Mitch was underdone.

Nash setting the tone in the midfield - to win at GMHBA you need to win the midfield battle. Looking forward to seeing Nash with his blocks and body checks to get the space for our other mids to do their work.

Frosty leading the backline - with no Sicily, lots falls on the shoulders of Frosty and Scrimma. Have loved Frosty's work as the last line of defence and reckon he'll step up, leading and directing that backline to limit Geelong's ability to score.

Sicily and Ginnivan are both very big outs. Both are critical to our game style. Good opportunities for a few boys to challenge for spots as we head towards finals. Will really test us, but am optimistic (though not convinced) we'll prevail!

Sicily and Ginnivan are both very big outs. Both are critical to our game style. Good opportunities for a few boys to challenge for spots as we head towards finals. Will really test us, but am optimistic (though not convinced) we'll prevail!

Yep Sicily obviously but it’s almost 200 games replaced by almost 400 games, and geelong don’t have that much youth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back