Preview Round 17, 2024 : Geelong v Hawthorn, 4:35pm Sat 6th July, GMHBA stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

It's been a few decades since I've been to a game at Geelong (and in those days I'd ride my motorbike, now I'm old and feel the cold too much to consider that). Are there many training it? If one were to drive, is parking an issue (according to the GMBHA stadium there is limited parking on gameday). I feel like such a tourist. Any advice from locals/those in the know much appreciated.
If your keen for a walk you can pre book parking https://www.wilsonparking.com.au/parking-locations/victoria/geelong/?carParkFeature=

Meek probably rucking against Sam De Koning/ Blicavs which will give us an edge. Hopefully Duncan also misses as he was subbed off early last game with some niggle, which may help offset Sicily's likely absence.

Not at all confident but hopeful.

We'd all be happy to see Lewis back at his best, but it's worth remembering that he's always needed a block of games to run into good form. I'm not expecting much tbh. A couple of marks, presence in some F50 contests and a goal will be enough for me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We'd all be happy to see Lewis back at his best, but it's worth remembering that he's always needed a block of games to run into good form. I'm not expecting much tbh. A couple of marks, presence in some F50 contests and a goal will be enough for me.
Well he will be replacing a bloke who got one handball last week so…..

It will be interesting how the Hawks go with the cats physicality. Cats have bullied us for a while now - it is time to turn that around.

Hawkins not playing worries me, if he was playing I think we are a massive chance but with him out I think it gives them the edge .They looked a lot better Saturday night without him.
Only looked great as * were so poor and even while losing they’ve still been kicking some big scores.

It’s their midfield and defence that’s been letting them down. They’ve been giving up big scores pretty consistently.

If our forwards and mids are switched on we have every chance of a huge total

Tbh we're really missing his accuracy in front of goals. One of the best set shots in the afl along with moore.

Pretty confident we are going to spank them in their crap hole stadium. Cats are on the decline with their previous win over the Scum not a true indication of where they are at. Can't see their old legs keeping up with ours.

Hawks by 36 points.
Scrimshaw, Amon and Weddle to have a day out and limit them.

Think this game will be either won or lost in the midfield. I don’t think Geelong’s backline is strong enough to stop our forward line if we dominate the mids.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back