Preview Round 17, 2024 : Geelong v Hawthorn, 4:35pm Sat 6th July, GMHBA stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure Geelong are back in form, they played their bunnies last week who also happen to be the biggest down hill skiing, bruise free football club getting around.

Our midfield should destroy their slow as treacle brigade and Meek will monster DeKoning who looks completely lost as a ruckman.

We can’t start like last week scoreboard wise, that game should have been over by quarter time, thankfully it was West Coast we played.

I can’t see how the Cats match us in the middle and Cameron is the only real concern up forward.
Will be tight and no doubt we’ll probably make it harder than it has to be but can’t see us losing this

Hawks by 27 points

My gut feel.

Narrow loss for the Hawks. Neck and neck for three quarters before the men in green get Geelong unashamedly over the line in the last.

Ginnivan/Watson to send the home crowd troppo.
Good Bloke Stewart at least one snipe.
Good Bloke "Jezza" to target Sic's shoulder.
23 pairs of arms up in appeal all night.

My gut feel.

Narrow loss for the Hawks. Neck and neck for three quarters before the men in green get Geelong unashamedly over the line in the last.

Ginnivan/Watson to send the home crowd troppo.
Good Bloke Stewart at least one snipe.
Good Bloke "Jezza" to target Sic's shoulder.
23 pairs of arms up in appeal all night.
This is what I’m thinking too.

i'm loving this game so much. easily our most important game since forever...

90 point win coming, we are getting better with each win.

then the very next post...

I expect it to be a very tight affair.

conan obrien duality GIF by Team Coco

With Sicily's shoulder, from what I understand, the challenege is to try and tape it and keep it in place, and while in place, there is no pain. It is not that he needs a jab to play because of pain.

Have I got that right?
Players play through pain all the time, it's much more about the first thing you said - taping it so as to keep the joint as steady as possible and to stop it from coming out if possible. It's a particularly difficult thing to do with the shoulder because of how many muscles interact with the joint and how much glenohumeral movement he will need to play a game of footy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You're all braver than me, being so confident.

We're coming off a bye and a soft kill against a VFL standard side.

Geelong are coming off playing the second best team in the comp then a battle in the wet at the MCG where they brushed aside their opponent with ease in the second half.

Need to set the tone early and not be caught napping. Feel as though we can't play catch up down there against a more experienced side, despite the fact we theoretically should be faster for longer with our young team.
We didn't play them last week.....

Jack Ginnivan in doubt for Saturday. Left the track early with a lower leg issue after doing a fitness test. Calsher Dear hasn’t trained this week due to soreness. Luke Breust confirmed to return vs Geelong @AFLcomau

Often a killer vs geelong.
We will go at 30% for goal whilst they hit 90. Even during the 3peat where we were an insanely accurate side and they would kick 12.20, they'd shoot the lights out and we wouldn't hit the side of a barn
The Office Lie GIF

The cumulative scoreline of all Hawthorn v Geelong games between 2013-2015 (8 games) was
Hawthorn 113.111 to Geelong 95.93

Geelong scored more goals than behinds in just 3 games and lost all of them.

Of the 3 games Hawthorn lost to Geelong in that time, both teams had similar sub-50% accuracy but Geelong had more scoring shots.

Jack Ginnivan in doubt for Saturday. Left the track early with a lower leg issue after doing a fitness test. Calsher Dear hasn’t trained this week due to soreness. Luke Breust confirmed to return vs Geelong @AFLcomau
Wonder if it's the toe that was getting treated during the Eagles game or something new.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back