Preview Round 18, 2018: St.Kilda v Richmond *MADDIES MATCH 3*, Etihad Stadium, Friday 20th July, 7:50PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Saints

Votes: 36 35.6%
  • Tigers

Votes: 65 64.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We don't have a system or a structure, yet we beat Gold Coast, Melbourne, and Carlton in a month?

Is structure, just about forwards? There is no structure for mids or backs? How does structure during the game and selection on Thursday night's vary?

What is this non system you talk about?

You throw words about like structure or system but don't have anything to back it up. You say look for yourself when the onus of proof is on you.

Even defacto's post was isolated to selection of forwards nothing about full team structure or how that applies to game plan of that structure during the course of a particular game.

Don't tell me we have no game plan either.
This week, we go in with a certain team, how will the game plan compliment the new found structure?

How will the structure change during the course of the game to meet changing conditions?

When Marshall is pulled out of the forwards to ruck, what happens to the structure.
It is not static like the 1970's where everyone plays in position.

To simply say we have the wrong or right structure is just wrong. So much more to it than that.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app
You still dribbling sh!te

Hard to pick which is worst, no Goat melts or no Freeman melts every other week??

Look we aint challenging for finals, so why not back the club in and have them playing VFL for another week seen as it would have been short break after playing last Sunday and all that.
NO point in rushing either of them in and risking further injury, im sure its not form related based on how Goat has been going in the 2s.

Cant get there tonight, but as a few have said, if you can get there and support our blokes and chuck a little into the kitty or donate blood or whatever if it possible for you to do so.

Let's go Sainters!

We beat Carlton because firstly they were terrible and dare I say it lost their structure after qtr time prob as a result of Kruzer going down but you adapt or die.

We won because we made less mistakes than Carltank and yet we saw the usually level of FMD moments from Armo Geers etc with poor disposal Carl just could not capitalise. Methinks Richmond will not be so forgiving. We have played well for a few weeks Richmond will be stung after loss should be a good game but reckon the gap between the sides is too great based on exposed form this year.

On the matter of leadership. Love Rooey but reckon he was the only leader and I suspect that there was daylight to any other leader type voices emerging.

Recruiting a leader from another club......get real talk about melts if we brought someone in from outside straight in as captain....has almost never happened never going to happen get real.

Gears is okay but we need the next generation to come thru...question is who that is....Dunstan Ross Steele???

Now that's an interesting question as no one really stands out as yet.

Im thinking Ross is the next Captain based on him being captain when Gears out earlier this year.
Actually met Seb at a player sponsors function in his first preseason at the club and thought he had future captain written all over him, has good footy brain and had something about him. I will back him in

Disappointed to see that Paton wasn't given a run this week as he seems to be getting good numbers in vfl. I'd have thought a straight swap for Hunter was pretty obvious, particularly with Ross coming back in. And I thought Lonie was better than Mav last week too, so a bit hard done by there as well. Battle in for the rest of the year I'd hope, with the club being openly "conservative" with Paddy, who l suspect wont be playing afl again in 2018 unless someone goes down. All in all it's what lv'e come to expect. Obvious changes whilst looking after favorites, and always behind the curve. Conservatism can be born from wisdom, but usually it's cowardice or stupidity. I just can't see us growing as a team with Cho around. He's dead weight.

We beat Carlton because firstly they were terrible and dare I say it lost their structure after qtr time prob as a result of Kruzer going down but you adapt or die.

We won because we made less mistakes than Carltank and yet we saw the usually level of FMD moments from Armo Geers etc with poor disposal Carl just could not capitalise. Methinks Richmond will not be so forgiving. We have played well for a few weeks Richmond will be stung after loss should be a good game but reckon the gap between the sides is too great based on exposed form this year.

On the matter of leadership. Love Rooey but reckon he was the only leader and I suspect that there was daylight to any other leader type voices emerging.

Recruiting a leader from another club......get real talk about melts if we brought someone in from outside straight in as captain....has almost never happened never going to happen get real.

Gears is okay but we need the next generation to come thru...question is who that is....Dunstan Ross Steele???

Now that's an interesting question as no one really stands out as yet.

22433CF3-CA7F-485B-A626-43A7AC5FBBDA.gif

Im thinking Ross is the next Captain based on him being captain when Gears out earlier this year.
Actually met Seb at a player sponsors function in his first preseason at the club and thought he had future captain written all over him, has good footy brain and had something about him. I will back him in
Funny seems almost a bit laconic out on the field. Not the Lennie Hayes come with me boys follow my lead.

Not sure Gears is the answer but also not sure who takes over.... Just call me Sargent Schultz....

I'd be happy with him at Richmond. is he a FA at years end or would a trade need to be done?

If you are dealing with us you'd get him for Jack Riewoldt's old footy boots and a can of UDL. Tell Trout you'll throw in Chris Newman and he'll come back with his chest puffed out strutting like a peacock.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah he can actually play football, has speed can kick it long and has skill and talent, bad for team moral!

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

I reckon Plugger hit the nail on the head. Richo likes beige robots and Blake is too creative. He's unpredictable and doesn't just bland it up enough. He should just run around getting 15 beige, meaningless possessions and looking like all the fun got sucked out of him standing in a zone and he'd play every week.

Interested to see how the three talls goes against Richmond. I feel they can be gotten at with this struc... arrangement.

Clark will be the one to go into the defensive rotation, I feel.

Backs: Carlisle, Gilbert, Rice, Geary, Savage, McKenzie, Clark
Mids: Hickey, Ross, Steven, Steele, Dunstan, Sinclair, Armitage, Phillips
Forwards: Membrey, Battle, Marshall, Gresham, Newnes, Weller, Billings

Clark and Ross may swap a little bit, and I feel Phillips lined-up at half back on occasion last week. Armo and Billings will also swap a little bit.

Yea i did say that in my previous post.

Hence when I said playing with 3 tall forwards and players in actually positions.

Thanks for understanding.
We will get a great look at how our structures hold up against the best tonight, a lot of saints fans are well on us for an upset, which I find surprising. Don’t get me wrong itd make my week if we did but I think some are a little over confident after beating the blues last week, it’s a totally different ball game tonight!

There might be but they seem to be determined to ruin his career to prove their instincts right. They select players who would struggle to get games at most clubs but complain about Acres flaws. They seem to play favourites.

I don’t think you or others get it. Apart from some of his disposals his issues are very fixable. They obviously think sometimes the best place in the seconds also in this case he was badly injured and coming off a 5 day break. They rate him highly but they know he can stuff up the structures sometimes when playing. As I said that’s fixable. Some of the others who get games obviously have issues but not structural issues. And those players are as good as they can get. It’s funny but people want better development but when it doesn’t suit them they don’t care about development. Players can’t just play as they wish. I reckon even danger Fyffe and Martin play to structure. Even bloody Ormond players have a structure and I’ve seen players dropped for not doing as required even in d grade ammos. Acres will be a better player for us in the **** run if he learns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back