Autopsy Round 18 = Collingwood 71-91 Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

What about ‘Self-immolation’ as a thread title for losses? Kind of reflects what goes on in here afterwards (and to which I contribute…)
It’s the bashing of Moore, and now McRae that is particularly distasteful.

Both men made me proud of the club again. I will always be grateful to them.

It’s the bashing of Moore, and now McRae that is particularly distasteful.

Both men made me proud of the club again. I will always be grateful to them.

Agree jmac, in fact I'd use a stronger word than distasteful.

I think it's system.

Offensively, we're struggling to move the footy out of defence. We get numbers back and thus have to either run it out or hit up someone on the wing to allow time for players to get forward. With rushed kicks out we're really outnumbered and that's what we're getting forced into.

Defensively we give them backwards and sideways kicks and teams are getting very good at shifting us and moving it to 70 out without a contest or any risk.
I also feel that teams going the switch and lately multiple switches via uncontested marks are doing it with a bit of speed. It’s not “let’s maintain possession and take the pace off the game” they are actually using it as an attacking strategy and we haven’t coped thus far.

T
For the 3rd week in a row resulting in our 3rd loss consecutive

View attachment 2046374

With a sprinke of "keepings off" to prevent any possible last qtr comeback. We were pathetic in the last chasing their tails around.

View attachment 2046381

We keep getting beaten the same way. It will continue this way until we stop bullshitting around with the football (Hill I'm looking at you mostly) and start building a lead into 3 qtr time to force the opposition to chase the game, otherwise it will be more of this crap next week too. The Hawks will chip through us like a hot knife through butter.
He hawks will wipe the floor with us.
We couldn't even match it with them last year.

Agree jmac, in fact I'd use a stronger word than distasteful.
More distractions

Has nothing to do with macrae who is a great coach and delivered us to the promised land and who most of us that are querying moores role and place in the team rate highly
This post is about Darcy Moore

More distractions

Has nothing to do with macrae who is a great coach and delivered us to the promised land and who most of us that are querying moores role and place in the team rate highly
This post is about Darcy Moore
Macrae is a player.
McRae is the coach.

Not sure if this has been mentioned but what is going on with our disposal efficiency? It's constantly trash compared to our opposition and the second lowest in the league. It's hard to win any game when you can't execute simple skills.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure if this has been mentioned but what is going on with our disposal efficiency? It's constantly trash compared to our opposition and the second lowest in the league. It's hard to win any game when you can't execute simple skills.
The luminaries on here thought Fly was actually serious when he defended our newest b grade acquisition's poor kicking skills by saying we aren't fussed about it too much, looks like the players have been reading this board.

I reckon we are being pressured heavily and doing panicked disposals is why.
We apply little pressure now comparative to what we are pressured by opposition. It's making a huge difference now. We've reversed roles with our opposition.

McStay Begg Cox Steene Beau Mitch Ellliot ................................................... a ridiculous post deserves equally derisive response !

What was ridiculous about my post?

I admittedly should have had Josh Daicos on my list of in-form players (bringing total to four) and perhaps Jamie Elliott on a sample size of one game but do you really dispute the premise that virtually everyone else playing well below their best (or even average) levels?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I hate to see another one-sided Sydney-Geelong grand final. Considering a September holiday as Geelong thump Sydney in the 2nd blowout grand final in 3 years after the excitement of 2023. Might chuck on the 2023 AFL Grand Final instead of watching a snoozefest
Not sure you need to be concerned about Geel making the GF.

What was ridiculous about my post?

I admittedly should have had Josh Daicos on my list of in-form players (bringing total to four) and perhaps Jamie Elliott on a sample size of one game but do you really dispute the premise that virtually everyone else playing well below their best (or even average) levels?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
yes I dispute it .. again ..

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 18 = Collingwood 71-91 Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Back