Autopsy Round 19, 2024 : Hawks flatten Pies

Remove this Banner Ad

We out worked and out ran the pies from start to finish.
Once the goals started flowing it was a glorious day at the football (if you were undercover like me)
Couldn't believe the amount of Collingwood tackles we broke. They were insipid at times and their 2024 season is officially cooked.
It was Jack Ginnivan day and he and the crowd lapped it up.

I thought the boys were going to have to learn a lesson about taking intensity out of the game and eating away at the margin after getting it "done" in the first 3 Qs. Cue in the rack stuff.

Nup. They put the foot down. Kept responding. Kept adding to the margin. Haven't seen this group with that killer instinct yet. Loved it.

From down in the sheds 🤎💛
Atmosphere was amazing and the team are well and truly flying at the moment.
Highlights:
The Wiz not only doing what he has done all year with his work rate and pressure but composure with the ball as well - kicks three and a goal assist to Mass.
Impey was tremendous all game - cracked in to every contest, shut down Bobby Hill and was rewarded with a goal.
Weddles contested marking in the wet - kid is a freak
Croc kicking 4 - great reward for all his hard work that he does around the ground.
Speaking of hard work, Jack Ginnivan was fantastic - played that well after a fortnight out with a cracked fibula!
Mabior Chol battled hard all game and then came alight in the last quarter - loved seeing him put his stamp on the game.
Worpel, Day, Newcombe and Nash belted the Collingwood midfield and were just hungrier all game - they really are our fab 4.
Meek’s deft hit outs in the ruck are a thing of real beauty - his rise has been out of this world.
Massimo kicking two but his overall effort in every contest is superb.
Sicily, still clearly hampered by his shoulder, plays another excellent captains game.
Scrimshaw in game 100 was great, as too was his partner in crime, Frosty.
What a performance from an exceptional team that is growing before our eyes!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

still pinching myself. Hawks are genuinely 16 goals better than I thought they were.
the rate of in-season improvement is bordering on bizarre.
the three new recruits are just incredible, the sort of trade masterpiece that will set up the club for the next 5-7 years, and add to that the Nostradamus like trade getting Meek in, and it becomes as good a two years of trading as we have ever seen.
Ginnivan is the new Cyril, and we are beginning to love him almost as much.

I don’t know if anyone’s mentioned this already but if not for that port game we would be sitting in fifth position at the moment.

In fairness I think that Port game is this squad’s 2012 grand final. I think it’s what’s motivated them to achieve what’s followed.

Where's the big group post match selfie?

Seriously love watching how much fun they are having while also doing the hard disciplined thing.

People need to stop potting players after 10 goal wins and try enjoying it like the players are
1721476944404.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 19, 2024 : Hawks flatten Pies

Remove this Banner Ad

Back