Autopsy Round 19, 2024 : Hawks flatten Pies

Remove this Banner Ad

I find this an odd take. Had more pressure acts than watson and only one less score involvement in half the game time. He had a big impact when on. Not trying to compare the two but using a livewire small forward as a benchmark for impact, finn’s game stacks up.
Definitely a strange game to comment it on. I thought Finn made a great sub, injected a lot of good energy and run and got involved in quite a few of the chains that kept us in it. Certainly not as bad as made out, nor worth the whining about pre-game.

Watson is going to be a centre clearance terrier in the future. Newk looked good at FF. Love the flexibility.
Thing I always loved about Duke (among many things) is how good he is overhead.

On SM-S906E using BigFooty.com mobile app

I pride myself on being a reasonable judge of a footballer's ability, but I'm so pleased to say I got Nash completely wrong. I couldn't see a lot there in the beginning, but he's proven me wrong, and I'm happy to say it. :)

It's funny.
Nashy actually plays our national game the way he'd play his.
And yet it works.
Freakin unbelievably good story.

Was thrilled with the way the boys played. Wish I wasn’t so bloody nervous - only relaxed at about the 20 min mark of the last. Finn in the final Q - I got a psychic flash of a young Joey (muscles and all).

I said the same thing about Finn. Amazing.

I disagree. He does some good things don’t get me wrong but he makes some costly howling errors both in decision and execution.

Keeps his spot it’s not that bad but he needs some serious improvement with disposal. His loopy shit handballs in particular hurt us quite often/

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Had a few bad disposals but the Pies couldn't match his physicality. He completely dominated his wing both defensively and offensively. So many powerful runs and breaking past tacklers which opened up space for his teammates.

If I was Hawks GM I'd be petitioning for us to play Collingwood 3-5 times per year. You're near-guaranteed a 90-100% win rate and significant percentage boost 🤣

But in all seriousness I'm 31 years old and you guys have been kicking our butt my whole life - you even beat us in 2010 and 2023 (by a lot!) lol.

So yeah, thanks for all the emotional damage you've caused me. My psychologist is getting sick of hearing about it. But she's encouraged me to be more open with sharing so here I am.
Psychologists are awesome. Mine told me to write letters to all the people I hate and then burn them. So I did that and it felt great. but what am I supposed to do with the letters.

Just really came to say we also thrashed you guys in 1990. So Collingwood premiership years seem to run with losses to Hawthorn, so you should be ecstatic when we beat you soundly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Insane that we kicked 20 goals and Dylan Moore didn't kick one!

Chol has been very good for us. Mass has been very good for us. Ginnivan has been very good for us. Quite a few on here questioned them, which is obviously allowed, but they’ve been excellent. A+ on trades.

Absolutely rolled gold recruiting

Sleepy Mark is our mastermind

Were Back GIF by Corporate Bro

I imagine teams will be looking to pick us apart more now.
Will potentially get tougher but it will be another great challenge for this ever growing group.

On SM-S906E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Insane that we kicked 20 goals and Dylan Moore didn't kick one!

He seemed to be playing up the ground for the entire game. And played really well. My guess is that it was a Mitchell tactic because Collingwood would have put a bit of time into him playing forward for much of the game.

I think he's essentially playing the same role Chapman did for Geelong; that free-wheeling high HFF, like an extra midfielder around stoppages.

Mitchell got to see Chapman do his thing up close so many times.
Speaking of Geelong and how they have played against Dogs upto halftime now, I can't beleive how we lost to them 2 weeks ago. Today we played much much better. Backline held well and forwards were a nightmare to Pies.
Meek went up another level and midfield group also coming up nicely. Even Chol and Nash did well in ruck. Good times ahead.

I disagree. He does some good things don’t get me wrong but he makes some costly howling errors both in decision and execution.

Keeps his spot it’s not that bad but he needs some serious improvement with disposal. His loopy shit handballs in particular hurt us quite often/

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
It feels like he is great in the air, on ground and at breaking lines with his dash and run but then slows play down with those looping forward handballs or over thinks his decisions. He's certainly a weapon but I reckon he's at his best when he plays on instinct because that's when he makes great decisions.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 19, 2024 : Hawks flatten Pies

Remove this Banner Ad

Back