Autopsy Round 19, 2024 : Hawks flatten Pies

Remove this Banner Ad

Have just watched it AGAIN.

Loved every single minute of it.

Collingwood had no answers in the midfield. Nash, Newcombe, Day and Worpel hit every ball HARD. Collingwood were shocked at every clearance.

Small forwards had the biggest day out ever
I'm glad Chol got a couple at the end - would have loved him to get 3 or 4 out of his 5 shots but I love this guy
Maginess - what a troll effort. He's been racking up stats at Box Hill and mitchell had no intention of having him as a defensive mid.

It was just a really complete performance - so happy with it
Since Sam came in and moved on Tom and JOM this has been the core/nucleus of the midfield group. After two and a half years of playing together they are hopefully getting to know each otherā€™s game inside out which will take our midfield to another level.

Some of the quick instinctive handballs, taps, blocks etc quick ball movement it looks like they already know that a teammate will be there!

Our annual footy trip was also a late wake for my mate. We were lucky to come over early Friday and miss the microsoft meltdowns, as there were flights out of Hobart cancelled Friday arvo/night.

We checked out the Egyptian exhibition, then the girls had a massage back in the hotel room while the boys (just the two of us this year :'() headed to The Mail Exchange which was jammed with Essendon supporters. The girls joined us there later and we had a great time cheering the Crows on to a win.

Saturday we started off with a bottomless brunch at Left Bank (highly recommended), then we pub crawled between the rain to the G. Sobered up a little whilst at the game. Luckily we grabbed some ponchoā€™s the day before otherwise we would have been drenched.

I canā€™t say much about the game that hasnā€™t already been said, but I had the most fun in the rain since I was about 10 years old I reckon. Starting from the cheer for Ginni when Max was doing his introā€™s the whole game was almost perfect. Personally thought the BOG award was hard to split between Ginni and Nash, but boy there were just great performances from so many, Day, CMac, Punky, Meek, The Wiz (or big shorts, as someone behind us was calling him:)), Sic with his left handed spoils, Dimma, Mass. I could just about name them all to be fair.

Sunday we did the MCG and Sports Museum tour, and luckily for us all the sponsors gear was still up down in the change rooms. Thoroughly enjoyed seeing some of the inner sanctum of the G. Back home late last night.

It was a tough weekend, especially for my late mateā€™s wife, but even she was glad we all still made the effort under difficult circumstances. Planning next years trip already.

Will Day post match interview

Thanks for your hard work. I'm not trying to steal your thunder but the link seems to work better for me?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sam:
5 Ginnivan
4 Macdonald
3 Moore
2 Nash
1 Impey

Fly:
5 Sicily
4 Macdonald
3 Ginnivan
2 Nash
1 Massimo
The funny thing is Sicily getting 5-0, it's unusual, Sammy will know what he's playing through with his shoulder and I just think it's possibly more likely that he gave him the 5.

Which of course would then mean Fly did likewise with Ginny which doesn't fit the narrative.

"We've got 5 rounds left to go and the team sitting in 11th is arguably the hottest team in it."
Watson I thought might have sneaked in as well.
Was apparently the highest ranked player on the ground according to champion data.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 19, 2024 : Hawks flatten Pies

Remove this Banner Ad

Back