Autopsy Round 2: Richmond vs Collingwood - Changes for Adelaide

Vote for your top 5 players

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Just back from game and as far as i'm concerned....................THEY ******* DESERVED TO LOSE............................they went into the game with a negative mindset and it showed, not prepared to take the game on in the first half and coughing the ball up all night under no pressure, TV what the **** were you thinking in the last qtr passing the ball when 25 out when a set shot and goal seals the game.

Again we had a team by the throat and couldn't deliver the knockout blow.
A negative mindset you say........whose job is it to give them a positive mindset before the fame, Dimma when interviewed all he could talk about was defence

For the love of God tell me why Vickery plays on with a straightforward shot at goal?
They are idiots, fair dinkum idiots.
Milk the clock, go back and slot it. We win.

That was a big turning point. Vickery had another one of his many brain fades then. Even a point and 20 seconds off we would have won it.

Rance should've kicked short to Mcintosh on that occasion. Was a poor kick.

He should have but he should never have been put into the position of being called to play on. Mind you we did it to ourselves as if memory serves me right Rance took an intercept mark earlier in that play and immediately went backwards, despite having options further up the ground.

We are heading towards a similar start to the 2014 with the way we are going and the way our injuries are piling up. We have Adelaide, West Coast, Melbourne (who we lost to the last 2 years) Port Adelaide, Hawthorn, Sydney, Fremantle, Essendon and North Melbourne coming up.

I feel sick just looking at this run and thinking back on how we played the last two weeks. Only Essendon could be considered somewhat of a lock in this stretch.

C'mon Hardwick, do something

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's always a place for serial cheerleaders, but pulling out "lot to like" after that performance puts you deep into Edward Bernays' realm.
If you've come here just to talk about me on a Friday night that must make you the leader of Edward Bernays' fan club then?

It's a game autopsy thread Rayzor, you should try contributing to it.

Out: Grigg, Griffifths, Hunt
So how many years until we rebuild again? I'm usually optimistic but this team wont win a flag. We need to develop players and draft better, instead of picking up recycled flogs
Start with getting rid of Francis Jackson. How this guy still has his job is beyond belief. The club is riddled with crap decision makers. Top to bottom.

Not sure about the two reports players but based on what I know:
OUT - Hunt, Griffiths, Grimes (Inj)
IN - Edwards, Lennon, Batchelor

Maybe C. Ellis out for Rioli as well, needs a week in the 2s.

Our depth is about to get seriously tested.

Hard to assess this one. Was the worst game I've ever been to. So disappointing. Funny thing was I was sitting there watching the collingwood supporters leave thinking it definitely wasn't over. Oh well.

Hampson was great. Proved he is an AFL quality ruckman. Yeah he's a bit fumbly but created a contest and dominated Grundy in the hit outs. If you don't think hit outs are important check the centre clearance stat.

Cotch was great. Feel a bit sorry for the heat he's copped but he's playing his role and we get first use of the ball because of him.

Mcintosh, menadue both played well. Astbury played his best game for the club. I'd written him off but he proved me wrong.

Houli great as always.

Now, the negatives.

Shouldn't have lost that game. Bad kicking is bad football. 3-4 posters. Easy set shot misses. We dominated every important stat and our kicking for goal let us down. Should've been a 4-5 goal win.

Umpiring went against us tonight. The Fasolo mark was a stinker but nothing you can do about it now.

Hunt has probably done his dash. Was a good contributor last year but tonight just wasn't up to it. I know the guy personally and he'll be hurting worse than you'll all know. So try to ease up on him. He's a normal guy, just like us.

Rance wasn't at his best.

Overall I thought the game plan was solid. We moved the ball well and shut them down. We outplayed them most of the night and if we'd kicked straighter it would've been an easy win. That was the difference tonight.

It's easy to say we're cooked and Dimma is a shit coach and season is over rah rah rah, but it's round 2. This might be the wake up call we've needed.

Dimma out coached Bucks badly tonight, but the boys let him down on the scoreboard.

Oh and **** Treloar. ****ing campaigner.

We are heading towards a similar start to the 2014 with the way we are going and the way our injuries are piling up. We have Adelaide, West Coast, Melbourne (who we lost to the last 2 years) Port Adelaide, Hawthorn, Sydney, Fremantle, Essendon and North Melbourne coming up.

I feel sick just looking at this run and thinking back on how we played the last two weeks. Only Essendon could be considered somewhat of a lock in this stretch.

C'mon Hardwick, do something
We wont lose to essendon lol but **** we need to lift. We cant afford to lose next week or against melbourne

That wasn't a team rule TV effed up badly. A player can lead but he doesn't have to kick it to him. I was being DH then, as in he was answering the question.

Might not be a team rule but our players aren't encouraged to be brave and go alone when they have the ability to do so. Personally I would rather a team of selfish campaigners than a team afraid of seizing the moment when it's their turn.

People (rightfully) lay blame at Taylor Hunt for his turnovers tonight but at the same time his team mates know he isn't a good kick yet none of them are willing work to work hand enough so that they can get a cheap hand ball off him and do a better job of delivering it to a fellow team mate. This is where as a team we need to do a better job at utilising the delivery of our more skilled players and make it second nature when in transition but the problem is we're now into our fourth season of failing to do so and things don't look like changing.

Rance played like shit but he is the best defender in the competition and has been super consistent for a long time so I forgave him as soon as the siren went. The team still don't play for each other and they are not hard enough. I can't believe no one went to Pendlebury and gave his ribs a touch up at the bounce. The guy was injured and allowed to do whatever he liked across half back with his lethal disposal. I'm not suggesting we go round Vickery style belting blokes and getting rubbed out but tackle hard and bump hard and make them earn every possession. Side note: This team also seems incredibly selfish to me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 2: Richmond vs Collingwood - Changes for Adelaide

Back