Prediction Round 20, 2024 - Changes vs Fremantle

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Outs: JJ, Rotham, Witherden, Culley, Petch, LEdwards (6 blokes on the delist pile)
Ins: Dewar, Gov, Duggan, Yeo, Waterman, Hall/Johnston

If Duggan doesnt get up, keep Witherden
If Gov doesnt get up then bring in Bazzo to be our 3rd tall

Def: Barrass Gov HEdwards Duggan Ginbey Hunt Hough
Mid: Yeo Reid Chesser Trew Maric Hutchinson
Fwd: Allen Waterman Dewar Ryan Cripps Cole Kelly
Ruck: Flynn/BW JWilliams

Kelly to play a high half forward/extra mid playing off half forward, or wing idc. Any outside role where he can be a receiver.
Put Chesser at 40-50% CBAs minimum, I want our 4 inside mids to be Yeo, Reid, Chesser and Trew. Kelly, Ryan and Duggan can be rotations.
Id really like to see Chesser, Reid and Yeo at some CBAs.

Hutch to play up on a wing, Maric on the other. Ginbey or Chesser can chop them out.

Hunt to keep doing the role hes got, hes been very good.

Cole in the forward line, 0 F50 tackles last week, I think Cole could be good down there as a purely pressure player.
Freos small forwards arent that dangerous tbh. We should be ok with Ginbey, Duggan and Hough to cover them.
3 KPDs for the 3 talls Freo play in their forward line.

Only 1 of Flynn or BW, naturally

Hall or Johnston to be sub, or some other kid. I dont really care who just one of the teenagers who can play mid or a flank please.

FB: Hough Barrass McGovern
HB: Duggan HEdwards Hunt
C: Maric Yeo Hutchinson
HF: Kelly Waterman Cripps
FF: Ryan Allen Cole
R: Flynn/BW Chesser Reid
Int: Trew Ginbey JWilliams Dewar
Sub: Hall/Johnston

Out: Jones, LEdwards, Rotham, BWill, Cripps, Cole
In: Dewar, Waterman, Yeo, Flynn, Baker, Duggan

Probably too many changes but, oh well...

Coles and Cripps can have a "rest". Jones in WAFL level at best. Rotham can head back there too. I am not sure Gov will be right by next weekend and H Edwards is going ok so would be happy to keep him in.

Baker did well off half back in the WAFL recently so I'd like to see him have a go there (and apparently Burgiel is injured again). Dewar to replace Jones forward. I have suggested Flynn returning in the hope that he would do heaps better than he did before his latest injury. Maric can spend most of the game on the wing, with Hunt to give us pace off half back.

Last edited:

Out: Jones, LEdwards, Rotham, BWill, Cripps, Cole
In: Dewar, Waterman, Yeo, Flynn, Baker, Duggan

Probably too many changes but, oh well...

Coles and Cripps can have a "rest". Jones in WAFL level at best. Rotham can head back there too. I am not sure Gov will be right by next weekend and H Edwards is going ok so would be happy to keep him in.

Baker did well off half back in the WAFL recently so I'd like to see him have a go there (and apparently Burgiel is injured again). Dewar to replace Jones forward. I have suggested Flynn returning in the hope that he would do heaps better than he did before his latest injury. Maric can spend most of the game on the wing, with Hunt to give us pace off half back.

Given the season has had a fork put in it - be good to give HEdwards an extended run as second tall. Help us determine whether or now he can replace Barrass (for this trade period if reported rumours are true) or McG in future.

Probably too early for Bazzo - but I’d like to permanently lose Rotham and Witherden. The sooner this can happen the better we will be.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

It can change quickly too with quality forwards. Darling and Kennedy used to be tackling machines. Liam baker will be such a waste of a high pick. Low pick or let him go to Fremantle who are contending.
I hear he is going to Freo, so potentially no need to worry about spending a draft pick.

Sent from my Nokia X30 5G using Tapatalk

Was listening to 882 post game while driving the kids around.

Burgiel apparently did his hammy again (8th hammy).

Petch apparently has a 3 year offer/extention on the table.
Should be no contracts extended until a new coach is appointed, surely.

Should be no contracts extended until a new coach is appointed, surely.

If three years is there for Petch it shows again we have learnt nothing from continually signing useless fringe players up for multi year deals to just clog our list.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

How certain are you that the club would bring Duggo back in Migs? Surely they take a “conservative approach” given how close the two concussions have been?

I'd certainly give him at least another week, given it's his second concussion since June and we're not exactly jostling for finals position.

In- Waterman, Duggan, Yeo, Gov.
Out-
Chesser (needs a good run in the magoos to get the confidence up)
Hutchinson (not sure why he played this year with our forwards stacked), L Edwards + Rotham last game for the club)

Waterman - Allen - Cripps
Ryan - J Williams - Petrucelle
Duggan - Yeo - Maric
Ginbey - Gov - Hunt
Hough - TB - H Edwards
B Williams - Kelly - Reid
Cole - Witherden - (4th/5th mids) Trew Culley
Sub- JJ

I like it.

"You 3! Don't even bother getting the ball just tackle like a psycho and keep the EFFING ball down our end!!!"

Sent from my SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

I really feel like the vast bulk of the team has this part down pat.

In- Waterman, Duggan, Yeo, Gov.
Out-
Chesser (needs a good run in the magoos to get the confidence up)
Hutchinson (not sure why he played this year with our forwards stacked), L Edwards + Rotham last game for the club)

Waterman - Allen - Cripps
Ryan - J Williams - Petrucelle
Duggan - Yeo - Maric
Ginbey - Gov - Hunt
Hough - TB - H Edwards
B Williams - Kelly - Reid
Cole - Witherden - (4th/5th mids) Trew Culley
Sub- JJ
Unless a role change for Cole or Witherden, we can't have them both on the bench.

JJ, surely we have seen enough from him. Johnston to replace him as sub.

Excerpt by Josh Eddy from the Mongrel Punt -

"West Coast play in the local derby against a rampant Fremantle.

On paper, it should be an easy win for the Dockers, but the derbys hit different. There is always a sort of finals desperation about these matches, and you can expect West Coast to give it everything they’ve got, especially in light of the criticism that will be levelled at them during the week.

But… I just don’t think they have enough fit A-graders on the park at the moment. Too many niggles, too many players looking like they’re already planning their end-of-season trip, and a coach that knows he’s the interim choice.

West Coast also know that they have winnable games ahead when they host the Suns and then head to Tasmania to face the Kangaroos, so I can see some players keeping their powder dry for those matches (though they should get a bollocking from the coaches if they do).

I’ve got Freo by 34 here. With third and seventh covered off by two points and percentage, they need to cover off GWS, Geelong and Port to hold on to their top-four spot, and I think that desperation will see off a spirited Eagles team..."

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hard to do this not knowing who is available and not.
Saying Gov and Duggan still out and is there still a ? on Waterman?

First ins,
Darling, yep. Not one tackle in our fwd 50 is DISGRACEFUL!!!!!!
He at least puts pressure on and competes and also takes a good defender and with Pearce a likely out this will stretch their defence.
Yeo, obvious
Waterman, as above
Hall, just give the kid a go.
Dewar, brings some defensive pressure son.

Out
Cripps, absolute captain fumbles at the moment so give a kid a crack.
Hutch, will be good but think he goes out for Darling
JJ, if I don't put him here I will get too many thumbs down. (will already get enough with Darling in)
Petrucelle, just not performing how he should at all. NO TACKLES.
Chesser. See above, also NO TACKLES.

Barrass, Witho, Allen, Jwilliams the others with no tackles. In a full game of footy you should be able to execute at least one tackle if you want to show defensive pressure.

Culley and Ledwards survive by the skin of their teeth. Ledwards at least can find the ball and just needs to be a bit smarter with it and Culley gets one last go, this will be 3 in a row, to prove himself.

If Trew and Hall can do the in and under stuff then hopefully Yeo and Reid can get out a little and get 2nd disposal in clearances.

Hard to do this not knowing who is available and not.
Saying Gov and Duggan still out and is there still a ? on Waterman?

First ins,
Darling, yep. Not one tackle in our fwd 50 is DISGRACEFUL!!!!!!
He at least puts pressure on and competes and also takes a good defender and with Pearce a likely out this will stretch their defence.
Yeo, obvious
Waterman, as above
Hall, just give the kid a go.
Dewar, brings some defensive pressure son.

Out
Cripps, absolute captain fumbles at the moment so give a kid a crack.
Hutch, will be good but think he goes out for Darling
JJ, if I don't put him here I will get too many thumbs down. (will already get enough with Darling in)
Petrucelle, just not performing how he should at all. NO TACKLES.
Chesser. See above, also NO TACKLES.

Barrass, Witho, Allen, Jwilliams the others with no tackles. In a full game of footy you should be able to execute at least one tackle if you want to show defensive pressure.

Culley and Ledwards survive by the skin of their teeth. Ledwards at least can find the ball and just needs to be a bit smarter with it and Culley gets one last go, this will be 3 in a row, to prove himself.

If Trew and Hall can do the in and under stuff then hopefully Yeo and Reid can get out a little and get 2nd disposal in clearances.
Mcgovern in for idk someone probs cole, duggan for ledwards

Is Gov really getting up? The number of rib issues, the lack of importance in getting wins for the rest of the year. Surely we park him up?

Indeed I firmly believe that we should be parking the bus, next week if not this week. Send players off for surgeries, if Kelly has a knee issue, let him rest it etc etc.

Give ourselves the best look at what we have underneath the "best" 22 and actually get something out of the last month of footy instead of just going through the motions.

Is Gov really getting up? The number of rib issues, the lack of importance in getting wins for the rest of the year. Surely we park him up?

Indeed I firmly believe that we should be parking the bus, next week if not this week. Send players off for surgeries, if Kelly has a knee issue, let him rest it etc etc.

Give ourselves the best look at what we have underneath the "best" 22 and actually get something out of the last month of footy instead of just going through the motions.
I think we still need guys like Gov to limit the losses somewhat.

It's all well and good to just send all the sorry guys off for surgery but we still need to be competitive

Not a bad idea but guess it depends on recovery time from whatever treatment needs to be done at what increasing damage would be done by continuing to play.
If short recovery and no real further damage then battle through a bit longer.
Gov should at least have one more week, punctured lung and broken/cracked ribs. If he is more than a week then park him up. Not worth risking making it worse or sustaining another injury for the sake of a couple of games.

I can't keep track of Gov's missed games tally, is he in contention for AA or has he missed too many?

I'd play him when fit. We want to be competitive to get development, he more than performs.

As we know Gov is actually a 44 gallon drum full of rusty nails. If he's half ok to play, then he's needed to help stop the backs getting smashed and banged up from neverending entries. They last about half a game, then are so exhausted the floodgates open and the high scores begin.(the whole team is gassed by now from endless chasing)
Mind you, the midfield and forwards could try applying some pressure, that would be a revelation to behold?

Does anyone know when re-sale tickets are released for this game? I'm trying to get a few tickets as my mate is over and this is the only Eagles game he can make.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back