Prediction Round 23, 2024: Changes vs Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I reckon you guys should account for us comfortably….we are shot.
Just a question though, would you prefer to beat us and knock us out of finals, or allow 😁 us to win, and potentially take Freo’s spot?
Who do you hate more?
I think eagles fans would take the wins regardless of the outcome for other clubs. We are in no position to consider any of that.

Interested in Barrass for your first rounder?

I am not writing Hall off by any means at this stage in his hopefully long career.

Having said that he has looked a bit like a deer in the headlights in his first two games.
I can see why Simpson didn’t play him earlier in the season. Not ready yet.

One of his biggest problems is bombing long to the opposition.
He didn’t play like that in his first game.

Simpson not playing hall this year wasn’t an issue. His wafl form hasn’t been that good. But giving him a few games now doesn’t hurt.

The real question is: who do I tip this week?

No Curnow and no McKay on our home deck should mean we're a very good chance. But Carlton are a better side than us, even in their current rabble state.

I'm second and 1 behind the guy who is first, who is also a Blues fan...thoughts?

No Curnow and no McKay on our home deck should mean we're a very good chance. But Carlton are a better side than us, even in their current rabble state.

I'm second and 1 behind the guy who is first, who is also a Blues fan...thoughts?
Forget to do your tip

Pick Carlton.

If we lose, at least you get the tip right.
If we win, who gives a crap about the tip!
Enjoy the win.

A large discrepancy in B22 outs is usually the biggest factor in determining who wins. Add the fact that we are home and its Gaffy's farewell game and I'm very close to tipping us.

But Carlton need to win to make finals, and with their key injuries being mainly 1-2 weekers they just need to get past us, account for the Saints at home and get to the bye week, then load up for a finals tilt.

Way, way more on the line for them. Whereas our blokes will have one eye on mad Monday and their ensuing off season holiday.

And the Blues fans to their credit always show up at Optus - should be a good game!

We are slight favourites. Duff is piling on the pressure saying Schoey will ruin his chances of getting the coaching job if he lets this one slip as if it's a done deal.

Yuck. Yuck yuck yuck.

A cross town rival in a two team town is public enemy numero uno my friend
Being treated like a second class side by the VFL despite saving them from bankruptcy heavily outweighs the cross-town rivals who aren't really rivals but more comic-relief.

The preferential treatment the Vic clubs get shits me to tears.

A large discrepancy in B22 outs is usually the biggest factor in determining who wins. Add the fact that we are home and its Gaffy's farewell game and I'm very close to tipping us.

But Carlton need to win to make finals, and with their key injuries being mainly 1-2 weekers they just need to get past us, account for the Saints at home and get to the bye week, then load up for a finals tilt.

Way, way more on the line for them. Whereas our blokes will have one eye on mad Monday and their ensuing off season holiday.

And the Blues fans to their credit always show up at Optus - should be a good game!
All true - but dont forget the Gaff factor. a retiring champion's last game will get the boys motivated (i hope).

Cripps, Walsh, Kennedy, Acres, Newman etc

They've got a good midfield that can cut us up.

They are all still racking up 25-35 possies a game.

I feel like our attacks will once again start through the back side of the square

Sent from my SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The weather could be a major factor. If it’s wet, that’ll lessen the impact of Carlton’s KPF outs, and nullify any aerial supremacy we might’ve hoped to achieve.

With Curno and Mckay i can see them playing Cripps more forward.

Likely, but he's not a great set shot and is not really on the speedy side either. Can still be very handy but not sure if they'd get more from him as a forward than as a midfielder where he usually spanks us.

I seriously doubt the team is playing with mad monday in mind - not the mindset from what the coach and the captain have stated - they want to throw everything at these last two games. Whether they achieve that is another thing.
Be some weather on Sunday.

Carlton will get 47 points up.

We'll get it back to under 10.

then they'll kick a late one

Sent from my SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Do you just spend your day conjuring up nightmare scenarios to torture yourself with and then feel obliged to share them here

I've tipped Eagles last two weeks in a row, so you should all be listening to me, and I say...

Valentines Day Valentine GIF by NETFLIX

What's Carltons midfield like? If that is still strong they win.
Their midfield has been rubbish the last few weeks, its been Cripps going it alone for the most part. Stopping Cripps would get us the win.
Walsh has been quiet, Cerra constantly injured, Hewitt quiet, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back