Opinion Round 5 Changes vs. Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

I get the impression that Sonny's ankle is still not great. How about Ballas a straight swap for Sonny next week?
It has been wet this weekend in Melbourne, so may continue to next Sunday - would need to maybe not go as tall?
It sounds like Sherro's run out of half back may be added - but for who, hey?
For mine, I reckon De Boer and Suban should hold their places, as should Gu. It may come down to who is a bit sore.
So Ballas for Sonny, Gu to stay as sub and potentially Sherro if someone is a bit sore. If it is wet then Sherro for Tabs.

I think Johnson need some R&R ,his is running sore and Taberner needs to go back to Peel to get his MOJO working .
So out Johnson in Alex Pearce
Out Taberner in Ballas .
Barlow could be replaced but RTB doesn't like Too many changes
We can't drop Tabs, his prescence itself helps the team structurally, and if he's able to put in a decent performance that's just a bonus.

In: Ballas
Out: de Boer

People here being way to harsh on taberner, young key forwards are going to have quiet games every now and then, especially against sides like sydney. He's shown enough this year to keep him in and no idea why you would drop him for Melbourne of all games.

People seem to be blaming Taberner for our midfield getting smashed in the 3rd quarter. And continue to underestimate the effect a 2nd tall forward has on our forward structure. There's a reason that Pavlich is regularly kicking goals again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will be interesting to see how aggressive Vince gets. Fyfe has made it pretty clear so far this year that he is immune to tags

If I was the opposition coach I would still be tagging Hill. There's a big difference between tagged Hill and untagged Hill. Whereas tagging Fyfe makes little difference. Even if you can stop Fyfe's clearances he will still kill his tagger around the ground since we effectively use him like a ruckman by kicking to him at kickouts and for the clearing kick down the boundary line.

If I was the opposition coach I would still be tagging Hill. There's a big difference between tagged Hill and untagged Hill. Whereas tagging Fyfe makes little difference. Even if you can stop Fyfe's clearances he will still kill his tagger around the ground since we effectively use him like a ruckman by kicking to him at kickouts and for the clearing kick down the boundary line.
Totes. Can't imagine Roos letting Hill go.

Whereas tagging Fyfe makes little difference.

I'm not so sure. I agree that Hill deals wuth the tag a lot worse and can be shut out of the game, but, having Fyfe just run free without the tagger because he'll have a good game anyway just seems like a recipe for disaster. Might be the difference between 30 touches 8 clearances and a goal or two and 45 touches, 15 clearances and 3-5 goals. Fyfe is just so damaging its crazy.

We truly are very lucky to have him in our side and get to watch him every week. Would be a nightmare in the lead up to a game wondering how bad Fyfe is going to spank your team as a supporter of an opposition team.

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Round 5 Changes vs. Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Back