Toast Round 6 = Collingwood 123-81 Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

I mean, given we played as poorly as we've played all season, you can't really blame anyone

That was beyond deplorable in the first quarter

Particularly coming of a 2 week break when the excuse most of the season has been "short breaks"

You don't have to justify your views to anyone mate but when other posters call you a "Negative Nelly", you should embrace it.

Roll with it, just be you.

Today's game had the Pies showing that they are still able to execute to a very high standard. It was a statement game.

They can still kick arse and everyone knows it, Negative Nellies included. :)

It took way too many years for me to come to my senses and see what was right in front of me all along. And FYI, it's "she" - although I've been called much worse things than "he" before. :tonguewink:
Duly noted and apologies!

Duly noted and apologies!
Accepted. Honestly though, it's fine. You can't always tell online, with so many completely generic user names. I don't really mind what I'm referred to as in that kind of way.

Was just starting to entertain some doubts about the win in the first quarter and there’s Fly having a laugh with Bobby. Something Lyons also mentioned in the commentary. I’d love to be something on the wall of that box at times😉.

Just retire on this, Ed.

You are currently acting up as if you’re the board’s village idiot. No one wants to read this bobbins after a great win like that.

Retire on what

My pre-game prediction was that we’d win

My post was purely replying to someone who was commenting on how negative the posting was during that first quarter

Which…of course it was? We were the worse we’ve been all year

Retire on what

My post was purely replying to someone who was commenting on how negative the posting was during that first quarter

Yes, well you know what, I don’t care for that OTT negative pile on that goes on in the match day thread, much of which is your contribution, moreover nor do I care for the constant negative rambles you clog every thread up with like some horrible bog that won’t flush.

We won, and won in style, so stop derailing every thread by making it all about yourself.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Game was different then. Loads more space.

Strength, presence, skills, determination, overhead capability. He's got plenty of FIGJAM too.

And like Bucks one of the few with socks pulled up - subconsciously makes it more noticeable I reckon. JHF like Bucks surprisingly strong overhead mark. Bucks a better kick obviously but at same age I’d say JHF probably has Bucks for power, Bucks probably faster. Bucks got stronger and slower later after the hammies started.

Retire on what

You’re on the course for the coveted victim of the year award. Keep it up and you’ll get there - whiskeytown or Domus can hand you the spit covered dummy.

Rubbish. The idiots bagging out our players and the disgusting abuse is inexcusable.

Are you the same poster having a sook because people are mean to you?
It’s the egregious lack of balance, faith in players and the team that irks me.
And when we turn it around and win, these same people forget their derision as if it never happened.

Last edited:
Would you take him above Nick?

Steady on mate. This was just an observation of another amazing young footballer!

Nick wasn’t no.1 - He was the best no.4 selection period!

The no. 1 selection was a reference to how the dominoes fell. Not my personal preference…
My reference was an observation of the actual players selected in this position. I do think he will be the best since Nick Riewoldt in this position though.

Both Nick and JHF will both be top 5 in the AFL. I’d take either, but Nick is ours, and he is Collingwood royalty… Thus my bias will always be with Nick.

To answer more succinctly and with an attempt not to predicate with hindsight. I’d like to think I’d still take Nick. He may not have the power game or overhead ability of JHF. What he does have is an unparalleled football brain, exquisite skills, leadership and the ability to put a team on his shoulders.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

He was struggling and then came the glasses.
Struggling again and out comes the glove.
Headband may be on the horizon...
And we must offer Mr & Mrs Cox permanent residency in Australia. Failing that, we kidnap them & don't let them leave the country.

He always turns it on when they're here.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Round 6 = Collingwood 123-81 Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Back