Preview Round 7, 2024: Port Adelaide v St.Kilda - Adelaide Oval, Friday 26 April, 7.40pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I love the Port board. I'm not one that usually goes on other boards but I strayed in there for opinions on a player we were looking at a few years back. It was a psychedelic experience. There was a guy reminiscing about eating a can of dog food in some place in a desert in an ode to Mad Max and it just got weirder from there. It seemed to trail off on tangents and strange fever dreams. Elite weirdness.
Went and had a look and these were the first two threads. Is there a single sane person there?
1713779158194.png

3 interstate trips in 19 days :thumbsu:

8 teams get 2 byes in the year... the other 10 teams can get fkd

What kind of fixture is that?
Yeah good call it’s a cesspit
The fixture is compromised
Draft is compromised
Tribunal - compromised
And umpires (with 4) a god damn lottery (Crows were robbed)
It’s just a shambles
Take Essendon ….fairly shit side….get relaxed draw …play finals….following year..tougher draw miss (rinse repeat Saints too)
We had a nice draw last year - finals
Been screwed this year - she’s over by Rd 7
Is there a more compromised so-called professional sporting code in the world??
The little world of AFL players , media…all matey mates …getting more sterile by the minute.
I lip sync those walk off the ground interviews now..
“Yeah nah…boys knew they’d come out hard, they’re a good side (insert club) but we knew if we stuck to our process….blah blah blah..”

One of Clarks strengths is his ability to shake/stand up in the tackle and dispose of the ball. You either have absolutely no clue or are making s**t up to attempt to troll.
He gets caught all the time and has never developed his body or tank. I thought that was a known fact lol

It would be nice if we could kick more than 9 goals this week
I’m a Ross Lyon unashamed fan
I think he’s the right choice
But even I get this nagging doubt…we know he drive defensive structure….can he train a side to kick winning scores?
I never saw it at Saints a lot last time
Rarely at Freo….
I tell myself “he’s evolved..”
I’m not sure I’m right…

But even I get this nagging doubt…we know he drive defensive structure….can he train a side to kick winning scores?
Rarely at Freo….
I’m not sure I’m right…
He never used to play the kids. He is now. But forced to do it. Is that change ? IDK either ?

Rarely at Freo….
I’m not sure I’m right…
Just for interest, Stk scores for and against since 2018:

F: 73
A: 97

F: 75
A: 89

F: 67
A: 60

F: 75
A: 82

F: 77
A: 78

F: 77
A: 73

F: 73
A: 82

Why can't we just bloody score more?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maintain the faith......on we march !!!!!!
Yes...but to where?
I just find the only problems with our forward setup is they they make really hard work out of every goal they get, they’re poor set shots, they’re stationary and won’t lead and they won’t tackle or provide forward defensive pressure. Oh, and they get outmarked by the defenders.
Apart from that they’re superstars.
This is one of those times where saying "They're so s*it that they're good" simply won't work.

I can't see them calling back current players. If I was starting them up I'd be putting together an elite VFL side to play now with the best of the state league players and local talent in there. Let them start drafting to add to it a year out and start in the league with the core of that side. Port pretty much started with their SANFL squad and were the quickest franchise to win a flag of any of them. Let them take any state league player they want for nothing now. It would decimate a few sides in the second tiers but would give them the best chance of success.
They will benefit from the afl watching GC and GWS struggle. I expect they will get everything from masses of draft picks to unprecedented access to current players. Imo people are going to be shocked when the details are released.

I’m worried about this week, this could be another 10 goal loss. Collingwood's smalls opened them up but we don’t have players to play that way.

Yeah good call it’s a cesspit
The fixture is compromised
Draft is compromised
Tribunal - compromised
And umpires (with 4) a god damn lottery (Crows were robbed)
It’s just a shambles
Take Essendon ….fairly s**t side….get relaxed draw …play finals….following year..tougher draw miss (rinse repeat Saints too)
We had a nice draw last year - finals
Been screwed this year - she’s over by Rd 7
Is there a more compromised so-called professional sporting code in the world??
The little world of AFL players , media…all matey mates …getting more sterile by the minute.
I lip sync those walk off the ground interviews now..
“Yeah nah…boys knew they’d come out hard, they’re a good side (insert club) but we knew if we stuck to our process….blah blah blah..”

Don't know if it's Laura Kane but the whole league seems to have become a chaotic mess since she took over. Could be that Gilligan just set her up to fail but so far she seems to be running it like she ran the Kangaroos.

He never used to play the kids. He is now. But forced to do it. Is that change ? IDK either ?

I reckon he's changed a lot and is able to delegate to his underlings now. I think he knows that if he's going to get that flag he needs the players and the only way he's getting them is by drafting the bulk of them.

They will benefit from the afl watching GC and GWS struggle. I expect they will get everything from masses of draft picks to unprecedented access to current players. Imo people are going to be shocked when the details are released.

I’m worried about this week, this could be another 10 goal loss. Collingwood's smalls opened them up but we don’t have players to play that way.

Port play a game style that doesn't allow you to set your zones. It's going to take a huge amount of effort to hold them down and then we still need to kick a winning score. Lyon is a proud man and he'll be trying to find a way to make us competitive. Can't see how he can do it.

Hopeful he rushes Dow back because if we lose clearance badly I think we'll be in trouble. English subdued Marshall and with no mids standing up we lost a lot of drive.

It takes a while to contend Brian. It’s taken us 8 years. Even more.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Wow really only started properly in 2021. We have to hope that we are more like ninth-mond than Carlton. You went down hard to come up quickly. We are in a perpetual mediocrity cycle.

Wow really only started properly in 2021. We have to hope that we are more like ninth-mond than Carlton. You went down hard to come up quickly. We are in a perpetual mediocrity cycle.
Hopefully we can adopt the creative bookkeeping of that filthy scum, having a dozen 8-900k players with only half that on the books is a nice touch.

Can’t wait for Port to run the ball out of bounds whenever they want and never give away a free kick for that. FMD is every week and so obvious!
Feral home crowd that gets into the umpires heads plus they are the ultimate flat track bullies coming off a loss - likely to be messy given we still have a lot of quality out and are struggling form wise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back