Prediction Round 8: Changes Vs North Melbourne + pre-match discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Might have a few selections made for us this week with COVID apparently

Wouldn’t surprise me. Travelling opens you up to general public with other states a lot more ‘open’ than us. High fiving fans etc don’t help

Also, Perth is now seeing 8-10k a day

If we can keep it to 2-3 changes then it’s manageable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

when you're not sure where to fit in Chappy and Young, 2 of your best up & coming young guns, it's an incredible testament to where the team is at, the challenges it faces and the dynamics it has, the weaponry at its disposal. Serious

Might have a few selections made for us this week with COVID apparently
urgh...bugger! Hopefully if this is the case, not too many forced changes then because unforced changes are ridiculously hard to forecast right now!

It would be a good idea to give Alex Pearce a weeks rest in my view. He looked a bit proppy out there today. Maybe his ankle is not fully recovered and with the 6 day break it would be a risk to play him if there was any doubt. Chapman, Young and Sean Darcy for Walker, Alex Pearce and Meek would be my changes or perhaps Walker stays in with Tucker going out and Aish to play more wing. Tucker was decent today though.

Blake?!?! That you?! :p

I wouldnt mind finding a way to get Sturt in the team. With Treacy not as strong a marking option as Tabs, the extra aerial presence from Sturt would be good, plus I think he's starting to build a case.

The two obvious are Meek/Walker for Darcy/Chapman, after that it gets tricky. I'd say Tucker, Noddy and Aish the most vulnerable for different reasons. I do like the Mundy rest suggestion
Yeah, if we're not playing 3 talls Sturt is a terrific addition.

Had a troll on North board. They are resigned to a flogging.
They don’t have talls in forward line and we’re going to have ample to pick from.

Our line up will be interesting.

Acres might need a week off if his left leg is a bit nigglely
Imagine this, he can't play and everyone and I mean EVERYONE is bummed out. He went from being one of the ones we couldn't get quick enough out the team to one of the first names pencilled in. It's truly remarkable

Yeah give Pearce a rest. Despite some clangers he did end up playing a good game.

Tucker played well. He showed some steel in his 100th. Aish was dependable. Acres is now the God of football.

Walker out, Treacy out and Pearce rested.

Darcy, Chappy and Young in.

I have no idea
Keep Treacy, and drop Meek.

Meek > Darcy
Walker > Young
Pearce (managed) > Chapman

Take the opportunity to rest any sore players.

Mundy will not play 22 games this year, so this is a good game for him to rest. Same with Pearce.

Mundy (Rest) out for Erasmus
Tucker out for Young
Pearce (Rest) out of Chapman
Meek out for Darcy.

Super keen to give Sturt and Amiss a run, but they will need repeat the WAFL form and knock the door down to get in the team.
Give Mundy a game or two off before finals and he'll still get 22 games up.

I thought Treacy was a bit stiff to get dropped after Round 1, but you forget he's still only 19 and there's plenty to come from him. I like the 2 talls and a smaller fleet around them it seems to be working so well, obviously Lobb has the versatility of going into the ruck too

(Log in to remove this ad.)

also on Treacy, this is a perfect opportunity for him to build some confidence as a player bit more on the fringes - against an ailing team on the ropes, should get plenty of looks. Deffo hope they keep him in if Tabs isn't available (which seems most likely)

Absolutely, if you have Kayo have a look around the 9.08 minutes to go mark in the third quarter. Pearce was noticeably proppy after kicking down the line using his right foot. Given Fyfe described Optus ground surface earlier this year as still being 'very hard' I think giving Pearce the week off (managing) would be a wise thing to do given Larkey likely to be suspended. Freo have more than adequate coverage.
Has been the assessment since they laid the turf.
Tabs has had issues there with his foot fractures- I would imagine it’s the same for many players at both WA clubs

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction Round 8: Changes Vs North Melbourne + pre-match discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back