Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Round 13 Trades

Got 7 trades and 150k in the bank.

Back, Mid and Rucks set.

Forwards:
Pav, Didak, Brown, O'Keefe, Franklin, Hall, Pods

Looking to trade JB out this week, but for who is the million dollar question.

Looking to do a Hall to Chappy in rd19 for finals (have goose on the bench to cover the funds for that trade post rd18)...

can't bring myself to get Dale Thomas and i'm skeptical on Gia....

Goodes is presenting himself well to me and will leave me with 100k in the bank.

Any other viable options, Waite?

I have Waite, and have been happy with him, but with forwards dropping like flies ATM, I'd go with Goodes for his renowned durability.

My situation...I thought the only upgrade I had left was Bastinac, but now my forwardline is a trainwreck. 8 trades, $26k...

B: Goddard, Hodge, Enright, Malceski, Gilbert, Hurn, Waite (Webberley & Roberton)
M: Ablett, Dal Santo, Selwood, Montagna, Bastinac (Gysberts & Shuey)
R: Sandilands, NicNat (Trengove & Lobbe)
F: J Brown, Pavlich, Didak, Franklin, ROK, Higgins, Pods (Rohan & Roberts)

Am about $20k short of JB > Goodes, so am thinking of turning Trengove > some $83k ruck **** to fund the Goodes upgrade. Chances are the cheapo ruck won't play though, leaving me only Lobbe as ruck cover...stupid, you reckon?

Are people trading out JBrown or just using subs? Im not sure what to do, as i REALLY want to use my trades to move out cash cows and upgrade Josh Hunt & Ziebell. My forward subs are Watts & Hitchcock, however i was considering Hitchcock -> Griffiths as one of my $$$ trades.

Opposite situation to many people here where my forward line suddenly came into form (every body getting 100 or more, including bench. Swapped gumbleton with Milne 2 rounds back and never looked back :eek:, and preservering with Tippet and Murphy is finally bearing some fruit abeit early days) and its the back-line and ruck that needs some work.

I have maguire and hunt and + 75k in the bank and looking to upgrade hunt from maguire cow. However cannot afford goddard without sacrificing another cow. Don't think hunt will rise much in value anymore (if any at all). So.. should I sacrifice another cow for Goddard in the next few rounds, or wait for his form to settle somewhat for a straight swap? (and cop hunt's 70 odd per game for a few rounds)

Other alternatives include duffield and rather intrigued by james kelly however I figured I need to get goddard for the finals and may not be able to spare another trade. (Also have o'brien and grimes who are performing below my expectations)

I have Waite, and have been happy with him, but with forwards dropping like flies ATM, I'd go with Goodes for his renowned durability.

My situation...I thought the only upgrade I had left was Bastinac, but now my forwardline is a trainwreck. 8 trades, $26k...

B: Goddard, Hodge, Enright, Malceski, Gilbert, Hurn, Waite (Webberley & Roberton)

Am about $20k short of JB > Goodes, so am thinking of turning Trengove > some $83k ruck **** to fund the Goodes upgrade. Chances are the cheapo ruck won't play though, leaving me only Lobbe as ruck cover...stupid, you reckon?

How about Bastinac >>>> Goodes (Handy MPP) and a down grade of Higgins to someone?? A mid/fwd MPP would be very handy with that combination.

Or try Shuey >>>> McNeil and then do whatever you like with JB. Personally I wouldn't trade him but whatever.

The only positions I have left are F7 & D7 I will fill these over the next 5 rounds or so when the right deal comes along. But been thinking about the upgrade options.

Ok what are peoples thoughts on Goodes, has been a start for years and even though his start this year was terrible it does look like he has turned it around a bit average of over 100 for past 3 rounds, 97 from the last five.

The other one I'm looking at is Richard Douglas, only in.97% of teams and would have been a super pick up a month ago. He is averaging 113 over the last month and has only had one score under 100 in his last 6 rounds. With the conventional 'keepers' of the past few years failing this year a pick up like him could be a massive point of difference for the run home (for better or worse.)

Would wait a few weeks for that to let Rocky keep appreciating, considering just waiting for Riewoldt to come back for F7

The other is D7, the only real option I'm considering is Gilbee as I can straight swap him for Maguire but I would have to make that decision this week as Gilbee will start to rise soon. Would top off my team nicely and then I would only trade for injury from then on.

I've got 10 trades left, $632k in the bank, and the following team.

Backs: Hodge, Enright, Malceski, Waters, H Shaw, Goddard, Nason (Webberly, C. Heath)

Mids: Ablett, Bartel, Kornes, Boyd, Barlow, Gysberts (Farmer, Rohan)

Rucks: Sandilands, Hille (West, Lobbe)

Forwards: Boomer Harvey, Pavlich, J Brown, Okeefe, Gia, Bob Murphy, S Johnson (Hitchcock, Griffiths)

This week I'm looking at:

Rohan -> Judd/Swan
Nason -> Gilbee

Although I'm not sure what to do with J Brown up forward. Í'd also like to get Chapman in although Í'm sceptical he'll get injured/rested soon and don't want to waste a sideways trade.

Anyone think I should do something different?

QUICK QUESTION
Maguire > GILBERT or FISHER
Cash isn't an issue

A mate of mine just gave me somthing to ponder. He has 10 trades left and so is short-trading Lindsay Thomas; I.e. he's trading Playfair out for Thomas this week then getting the $40-odd thou over the next week or so as a sort of short-term cash cow. If only I had the trades and cash, I reckon Roo.v2.0 could be a good option, particularly if he comes out with another 120+ this week.

But I only have 7 trades left but $286K in the bank. Problem being I also have Playfair/Davis(Phil)/Brown in the fwds & Maguire/Webberly (& Waters/Kennelly) in Def. Thus was thinking holding off this week and upgrading Davis or Maguire next week depending on how some of my potential options go this round (e.g. out of Chappy(maybe), Pav, Gilbert, Gilbee, Franklin, Bradley(maybe), Roo.v2.0, Scotland etc)

I've got 10 trades left, $632k in the bank, and the following team.

Backs: Hodge, Enright, Malceski, Waters, H Shaw, Goddard, Nason (Webberly, C. Heath)

Mids: Ablett, Bartel, Kornes, Boyd, Barlow, Gysberts (Farmer, Rohan)

Rucks: Sandilands, Hille (West, Lobbe)

Forwards: Boomer Harvey, Pavlich, J Brown, Okeefe, Gia, Bob Murphy, S Johnson (Hitchcock, Griffiths)

This week I'm looking at:

Rohan -> Judd/Swan
Nason -> Gilbee

Although I'm not sure what to do with J Brown up forward. Í'd also like to get Chapman in although Í'm sceptical he'll get injured/rested soon and don't want to waste a sideways trade.

Anyone think I should do something different?

Look like solid trades. What i wouldn't give for that sort of coin in the bank. Montagna & Gilbert are other ones to consider.

How about Bastinac >>>> Goodes (Handy MPP) and a down grade of Higgins to someone?? A mid/fwd MPP would be very handy with that combination.

Or try Shuey >>>> McNeil and then do whatever you like with JB. Personally I wouldn't trade him but whatever.

That for the input mate.

Problem with downgrading Higgins is that 2 weeks ago (before being besieged my injuries) my forwards were set, it seems like such a step back to downgrade Higgins and be forced to play his replacement/Rohan on-field. Bastinac > Goodes is worth thinking about though- I had my heart set on Swan/Judd for M6, but beggars can't be choosers I guess.

Just wish to god I knew how many weeks JB & Higgs are really looking at missing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Updated injury report

Higgins - 1-2 weeks (yay)
Maguire - 3 weeks (not so good)

$252k, 7 trades left. Need to upgrade LeCras, Hunt and Martin and potentilly Maguire. I'm screwed!

Ive upgraded Watts to O'Keefe.
And looking to trade out Brown into someone, and ive got 39K left.
Is Boomer a good choice or someone else?

I have two trades left and $140k in the bank. Can I hold out to the end of the season?

Goddard, Hodge, Malceski, Enright, Gilbee, Goodwin, Silvagni, Maguire, T. Slattery
Cross, M. Murphy, Gibbs, Barlow, Judd, M. McVeigh, Gysberts, Marigliani
Sandilands, Ryder, Warnock, Lobbe
Chapman, Pavlich, O'Keefe, Goodes, Podsiadly, Rioli, Brown, Gumbleton, Hitchcock

what are peoples thoughts on who is a better option out of Swan/Judd? I guess Swan is less likely to be tagged than Judd and isn't as damaging with his ball use meaning he is more likely to be allowed to run around accumulating points, but Judd has been so consistent and impressive since returning from suspension.

hey i was just wanting some suggestion on some trades

i want to trade out maguire to maybe h.shaw or c.cornes

i was thinking about trading j.brown to rioli or harvey but unsure on whether to trade brown or keep him.

what do u guys think and do u have any other suggestions?

I have two trades left and $140k in the bank. Can I hold out to the end of the season?

Goddard, Hodge, Malceski, Enright, Gilbee, Goodwin, Silvagni, Maguire, T. Slattery
Cross, M. Murphy, Gibbs, Barlow, Judd, M. McVeigh, Gysberts, Marigliani
Sandilands, Ryder, Warnock, Lobbe
Chapman, Pavlich, O'Keefe, Goodes, Podsiadly, Rioli, Brown, Gumbleton, Hitchcock

How the **** did you end up with such a shit team after 18 trades??? :D:thumbsu::D

Dead set gold.

How the **** did you end up with such a shit team after 18 trades??? :D:thumbsu::D

Dead set gold.

:) Moved to Sydney and was out of the loop the whole pre-season. Had to make a lot of changes early to fix up my ignorance :)

Hooker, Riewoldt, Dangerfield, Tippet, Peterson, Kayler-Thompson, Gram, Bail, Kennelly, Johnstone... lots of dud choices and injuries... (also, had Hall, Kelly and Hille, and did some really bad trades in getting rid of them when I shouldn't, really...)

2218, 2189, 2337, 2448 and 2564 in the last five weeks though. So it's not *that* bad a team! :p

hey i was just wanting some suggestion on some trades

i want to trade out maguire to maybe h.shaw or c.cornes

i was thinking about trading j.brown to rioli or harvey but unsure on whether to trade brown or keep him.

what do u guys think and do u have any other suggestions?

Heater Shaw hasn't been that impressive and I personally can't see him getting too much better by the end of the year 2bh. Then saying that, he is dirt cheap and if he starts to fire trading him in now would be a masterstroke... I'm not going to take that risk myself though. Cornes could have a few weeks off here and there as the season progesses imo 2.

Why trade out someone who you chose as a keeper?? Give Brown at least a chance to come back fitter and see if the rest at least helped. What's a week or two to save a trade?! You'd feel pretty bad when Browny comes back (fit) and starts firing like he was at the start of the season ey?

:) Moved to Sydney and was out of the loop the whole pre-season. Had to make a lot of changes early to fix up my ignorance :)

Hooker, Riewoldt, Dangerfield, Tippet, Peterson, Kayler-Thompson, Gram, Bail, Kennelly, Johnstone, Dangerfield... lots of dud choices and injuries... (also, had Hall, Kelly and Hille, and did some really bad trades in getting rid of them when I shouldn't, really...)

2218, 2189, 2337, 2448 and 2564 in the last five weeks though. So it's not *that* bad a team! :p
Wow that was a bad team... So bad you even had Dangerfield twice!! :p

Wow that was a bad team... So bad you even had Dangerfield twice!! :p

Hehe. Oops.

Dangerfield was really bad, as I traded him in for Hall, and then he went injured and dudlike so I traded him out, for Rioli :mad: (though he's come good now), but I didn't get him twice. Let me fix that...

Well for starters the rumors about Didaks OP issue is enough to scare me off option B,

As for option A you would have to be prepared for the fact that chapman may get injured so you would need to have appropriate cover or another trade effectively putting that move at a cost of 5 trades.

Which ruck are you getting rid of? NicNat?

How many trades left?

sorry, should been clearer, option A would leave me with 4 trades, and B would leave me with 3 trades, that not how many trades it would require, A would only require 1 trade, B would need 2, so with option A im not trading my ruckman as it is currently hille, and will go rockliff > chapman, option B means i would trade hille for sandi and rockliff to didak.

probably option A and hope chappy doesnt get injured?

Hehe. Oops.

Dangerfield was really bad, as I traded him in for Hall, and then he went injured and dudlike so I traded him out, for Rioli :mad: (though he's come good now), but I didn't get him twice. Let me fix that...
Yeah I started with the Tippett/Dangerfield/Hall/Roo/Goodes/ROK combo in the Fwd line. Absolute disaster! Then went & traded out Roo for Rioli :p Thank the supercoach gods Rioli is starting to fire now tho. He should be good for the rest of the year imo. I'm also thankful I traded out Tippett early & Dangerfield as soon as he got injured. Got rid of Hall the week b4 pulled a 150+ :p and have stuck with ROK & Goodes (I've lost too much $$ on them anyway & they should start hitting some form now). Then saying that, I have $280k in the bank, 7 trades and a team that's now pulling 2400+'s so I'm pretty happy. But it was a shocking start that's for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back