Ryan O'Keefe Wants to Leave Sydney for Melbourne - All Discussion Here!

Do you like ROK?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: RoK wants to go!

I dont think O'Keefe will go for a first round pick.

I think the best the Swans can hope for is a 2nd round pick and a good player.
It may well come down to that, but we must chase that first rounder pretty hard. A club on the fringes, like Carlton or Richmond may be prepared to pay that price.

This is damn BS we don't have a forward line next year.. club must insist on a first rounder all of a sudden getting someone like Kerr has lost part of it's charm :(

O'Keefe should be at the peak of his value. Whilst he is 27 (28 in Jan), 2008 was his best year as far as average possessions go.

He is an experience footballer, great mark and fantastic 'field' kick. I would expect him to go to a club that believe they are only a couple of players off a premiership.

I expect these clubs may be interested:
Western Bulldogs
St Kilda
Carlton
Collingwood

Maybe even North and Richmond.

wb: they have robert murphy, but they would need to give up 1st pick plus someone like boyd/higgins. maybe this will be a sweetener for hall with ray and 2nd pick too. this could happen if they convince ayce cordy to nominate next year.

Maybe if Cordy slips to the second round, First round pick + Addison.
Rather not trade and keep building through the draft.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We dont want Ray or Addison they are not in the same class

Rays crap and i'm surprised anyone wants him but Addison is awesome and i would rather have him in my side for the next ten years than O'keefe for the next four years. I was just suggesting a trade.

Don't think doggies really need him anyway. too many similar types. At this stage i would think Hawks might go pretty hard for him... we'll take their 1st rounder...

unlike bf posters, coaches will know his value and give up a first pick and a fringe player. this years draft is billed as the super draft like every other draft, but every coach knocking on the premiership door will be willing to give up the first pick for him.

bf posters need to understand this.

Rays crap and i'm surprised anyone wants him but Addison is awesome and i would rather have him in my side for the next ten years than O'keefe for the next four years. I was just suggesting a trade.
Addison is not awesome, Luke Hodge is awesome.
Addison couldn't get a kick for Werribee

Re: Rok

haha.

i'm seriously shattererd if he leaves.

what the hell is going on up there?
As I posted on the main board;

He wanted a 4 year deal. We would only offer him a 3 year contract.

What is more ridiculous is that we could have veteran listed him for the last 2 years, saving 50% of his salary cap value.

It says more about Roos pursuit of Kerr. 2 1st rounders needed. O'Keefe & Goodes are our only established players worth a first rounder. ROK simply got on the front foot.

Last year Mattner in, Schneider & Dempster out.
This year Roos wanted Kerr, O'Keefe out (and we probably won't get Kerr).

Loyalty is a 2 way street.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back