Ryan O'Keefe Wants to Leave Sydney for Melbourne - All Discussion Here!

Do you like ROK?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: RoK wants to go!

Sorry to invade, but surely you guys can get more than a 2nd rounder for him. Surely.

He's class.

I'm absolutely gutted! One of my favourite players.

If the Blues want him they may have to part way with one of its gun onballers. Otherwise a first rounder is a bare minimum IMO.
thought carlton too, but i think he may be just out of their premiership window unless they think they can win won within 3 yrs

Re: Rok

As I posted on the main board;

He wanted a 4 year deal. We would only offer him a 3 year contract.

What is more ridiculous is that we could have veteran listed him for the last 2 years, saving 50% of his salary cap value.

It says more about Roos pursuit of Kerr. 2 1st rounders needed. O'Keefe & Goodes are our only established players worth a first rounder. ROK simply got on the front foot.

Last year Mattner in, Schneider & Dempster out.
This year Roos wanted Kerr, O'Keefe out (and we probably won't get Kerr).

Loyalty is a 2 way street.

bloody hell, go away for the weekend come back and it's all gone to shit.

if we are throwing huge contracts at Davis, why not ROK. oh i see... how we got burnt.

but flippin hell he has more go about him, have some faith swans board!

unlike bf posters, coaches will know his value and give up a first pick and a fringe player. this years draft is billed as the super draft like every other draft, but every coach knocking on the premiership door will be willing to give up the first pick for him.

bf posters need to understand this.

Agree. He will likely go to a team that believes they are about to enter their 'premiership' window.

Shattered but not unexpected considering the turn of events when he went down to Melbourne last week. Some ****er got in his ear.

If true and not a negotiating tactic ( sadly I think it is real)

He has given super value to the Swans and stayed despite losing his brother and clearly has a close family.

His out of contract wont help him negotiate much as PSD would be either Melb= his time spend struggling .....or WA which is NOT what it says he wants!

Carlton Vizy brown boxes of cash!!!!.... they need class in Half forwardline
be an interesting offer

St Kilda - hardly premiership stuff but have cap room and connections;)

Collingwood - Are they or is ROK that silly?If they keep Didak Thomas Cloke .... maybe they offer Rusling plus pick?

Richmond- what can they afford to offer.... Tambling NO THANKS!!:mad:

Dogs - they would be mad... ROK is sensational but they need a power forward not another mobile utility make shift one

He will always be admired by this 'little black duck' wherever he goes... except maybe ......any and all of the above:D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seriously, announcing this to world basically ruins any chance of us getting a good deal out of this.

I'm so angry. Ugh, w***er.

It could start a bidding war though. That is our only hope in hell that we will get near his worth.

we'll see what pans out. ideally & realistically this is what i would love to see...

Rok to carltank for their 1st rounder, we pick up the best 2 1st round guys we can

Re: Rok

This is shocking news if true. No one has an engine like O'Keefe and I think he's 2nd behind Kirk in being the heart and soul of what we're about at Sydney.

Offer him what he wants and forget about Kerr, who we'll probably miss out on anyway.

essendon could do lovett, 23, 5 for kerr and swans could then give pick 12 and rok to dons in exchange for kerry, everyone wins

Did he seriously say he wants to go to a team who's a chance of a premiership? If he's said that after winning one with us, he can get ****ed.

I'd offer 23 and Lovett - But so many opposition supporters seem to think he's not worth a pinch of shit.

We won't be parting with pick 5.

So happy to see him coming home, I was just talking about it the other night about how I'd love to have him at Essendon.

If he goes to Carlton........put me on suicide watch.

Playing devil's advocate, what about this possibility?

We deal with Saints for ROK, and get Kosi and a draft pick.
Kosi becomes our key forward target (many rate him a better forward than a ruck). This means we're not so desperate to keep Baz, and we deal him to the Dogs for, I dunno, a young player and a higher pick, to use to offer the Weagles for Kerr.

I'm not sure specifically how we could work it, but just for argument's sake ...

If we deal with Saints, the other option would be Dal Santo, which would mean we don't need to chase Kerr.

Playing devil's advocate, what about this possibility?

We deal with Saints for ROK, and get Kosi and a draft pick.
Kosi becomes our key forward target (many rate him a better forward than a ruck). This means we're not so desperate to keep Baz, and we deal him to the Dogs for, I dunno, a young player and a higher pick, to use to offer the Weagles for Kerr.

I'm not sure specifically how we could work it, but just for argument's sake ...

If we deal with Saints, the other option would be Dal Santo, which would mean we don't need to chase Kerr.

i would hope we are appropriately compensated for a great player like ROK.

Something tells me that roosy will probably try to get a deal done with the saints, given that ross is a great mate of his. If this is the case, I would hope that the deal involves Dal Santo rather than Kosi.

wce will not take anything less that 2 first round draft picks and as its been shown kosi is unco hes as blind as batshit

i would hope we are appropriately compensated for a great player like ROK.

Something tells me that roosy will probably try to get a deal done with the saints, given that ross is a great mate of his. If this is the case, I would hope that the deal involves Dal Santo rather than Kosi.
Why delsanto he has got as much ticker as farren ray, Kosi any day change of scenery and away from the sook that wears no.12.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back