Ryan O'Keefe Wants to Leave Sydney for Melbourne - All Discussion Here!

Do you like ROK?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: RoK wants to go!

Ok, if ROK leaves then I think we would be crazy to go for kerr and I think we should seriously consider trading hall and anyone else (over 23) who would be worth first/second/third rounder apart from; jolly, goodes, mal, mcveigh and c.bolts.

Please swans do NOT trade your picks for kerr. We need to rebuild. At this stage i think we would almost go down essendons path (2002 onwards) if we topped up just to make up the numbers in september. If we trade agressively and wisely now we're a chance in a few years. This years draft is a very strong one, we should be looking at getting as much as we can from it.

i would just like it 2 be confirmed now
i want 2 hear what he really feels about and what he wants
i dont wanna hear the media crap

It won't until the deal is done. I really think we can maybe grab a good trade as i am sure ROK won't screw us over. FWIW i still think there are flaws in his game, not many, but they are there.

Why worry about an idiot like him Balldman, he's been on here five minutes.
If he wants to go let him as long as we do all right out of it, but hopefully he changes his mind i am sure the Captain will be having a chat with him.

as opposed to your 7 minutes. ;)

Re: Rok

Just told my 9 year old son, o'keefe being his favourite player, and he's devestated just started cryin and is strugglin to stop. C'mon kerr's good but you cant just rip the heart out of a club to get one player it makes no sense.

Just told my 9 year old son, o'keefe being his favourite player, and he's devestated just started cryin and is strugglin to stop. C'mon kerr's good but you cant just rip the heart out of a club to get one player it makes no sense.

Dude! You shouldn't have done that! It's not a done deal yet :(

Hm. Didn't he manage his own contracts before this? Maybe the new manager's jsut to show he means business. Would fit in with what grim said, but I still think he wants to go. Simplest explanation being the most likely and all..

Players really aren't "businessmen" at all. There is no free agency. Nor is it true that most AFL clubs routinely act ruthlessly in terms of their list management, the AFL employer-employee relationship is far more complex than that. Clubs show extreme loyalty to players all the time - for every Scott West there are 10 examples of players getting a second chance or being retained even if a "good deal" might be available for them.

If a player wants to leave the Swans to chase premierships or to further their game, then so be it. But I'll reserve the right to heckle them and I certainly do not wish them well.

You're either in or you're out. To quote Dudley "f*** off you disloyal tosser".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Players really aren't "businessmen" at all. There is no free agency. Nor is it true that most AFL clubs routinely act ruthlessly in terms of their list management, the AFL employer-employee relationship is far more complex than that. Clubs show extreme loyalty to players all the time - for every Scott West there are 10 examples of players getting a second chance or being retained even if a "good deal" might be available for them.

If a player wants to leave the Swans to chase premierships or to further their game, then so be it. But I'll reserve the right to heckle them and I certainly do not wish them well.

You're either in or you're out. To quote Dudley "f*** off you disloyal tosser".
As scottwade stated in another thread, loyalty is a two way street. The Swans weren't being too loyal when they shafted Dempster and Schneider last year for nothing more than a bag of magic beans. I wonder that may have unsettled the other players, who may have been wondering whether they were the next in the crosshairs.

As scottwade stated in another thread, loyalty is a two way street. The Swans weren't being too loyal when they shafted Dempster and Schneider last year for nothing more than a bag of magic beans. I wonder that may have unsettled the other players, who may have been wondering whether they were the next in the crosshairs.
Grim,both Dumster and the chubby one were both willing to be traded and that came from the chubby 13.

So, Mitch Thorp and your first rounder??? I'd take Beau Muston if I was confident he'd survive a pre-season. Bloke's a star but completely luckless.

Maybe a chance to get Simon Taylor plus another good young player from the Hawk's if they go after O'Keefe.

Grim,both Dumster and the chubby one were both willing to be traded and that came from the chubby 13.
Bedders, eventually they agreed to go, but if you had put it to them I'm sure they would have preferred to stay.

he says that because it was either take the trade or be dropped by the club and miss being picked up by another club

I ****ING HATE YOU RYAN U DOUCHE BAG

their just about 2 discuss it on ON THE COUCH

i was very shocked to watching On the couch when they announced this

favorite played my boy Okeefe. I see realistic would have to be at least a pick in the top 10, at bare minimum. Nothing would replace how good he is to our side but.

Ok, Maybe some Buddy Love :p

Spot on Skipper!

Should we lose a player such as ROK, then we would have taken a massive step back. Even if we picked up Kerr. ROK is an irreplaceable type of player & would be the difference between being competitive for another flag or not. In the game against North, along with Kirk he was the main reason we won. The marks he took under pressure with a greasy ball were that of a special player. And he runs like the wind.

I'd be severely devestated if we lost this guy.
As I mentioned in another post. If Judd is on $1M at Carlton, the ROK should be given at least 800K at the Swans. EASY!

This is where some players that didn't perform in season 2008 should be punished financially.

Sign him up Swans!!!

Ryan O'Keefe is a very good player but it is laughable to mention him in the same sentence as Judd. He would be maybe worth 500000 a season. He is a flanker not a gun midfielder or key position player. You would want to trade him for something good but do not think he is in Judds class or even just behind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back