Opinion Sack Hinkley 11 - Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest

Remove this Banner Ad

How can Damien Barratt not know that his comments are a red rag to a bull?
Does he not know anything about this club?

If that is the case, keep your trap shut princess.
We don't want class, we want premierships.

11+ years, nothing, nada, zippo

The svicophants need to realise we don't value their opinions.

If you aint from Port, your opinion means naught.

Last edited:

Still averaging the most goal contributions, marks and marks inside 50 of any of our forwards this season. All despite not having the competitive instincts that professional sport demands, apparently.

This is a leper with most fingers argument given the competition. His performance level is that of a fringe AFL player, not a guy getting paid $800k per season.

Once Hinkley's gone, the next target of booing should be Koch. He's the most culpable in bringing the club in this situation. If he'd made the difficult decision a while ago, we wouldn't be in this position. If only he'd kept his mouth shut and let Hinkley coach his contract out in 2018, we wouldn't be here. We would have perhaps been one or two premierships to the better.

I just don't know why we're the bad guys here, and Hinkley comes out of this smelling like roses - again. It's nuts!!!

Come on Scorchy. Everyone can see the issue with Hot Toddy is effort and intent. A new coach won't change that. He is a great size and has lovely skills but just doesn't have the competitive instincts that professional sport demands. You watch Lord play and it's like chalk and cheese. It's not coaching, it's on him.
One of the things we love hearing about the old (real) Port coaches, is the stories of where they have given players unsure of themselves the belief, that they were the best and would make them willing to run through walls for the coach. Whether that'd work for Todd, who knows at this point, but I want to see us with a coach that tells Todd he has all the skills, he can be the best out there and he wants and expects him to run through walls for him, because he knows Todd can do it.

Here's Gerard backing up his comments from last week:

View attachment 2038908

Other notables: Jon Ralph, Andrew Capel, Jordan Lewis, Sarah Jones and Mark Robinson. All Bulldogs.

Just means that a lil club from SA should be honoured to be in a position where they can be beaten by the Bulldogs at home.

Gerard Wheatley spends exactly 0% of his time thinking about PA. We should spend the same amount of time on him and any other Victorian dinosaur

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seriously, this is all beyond me...

I have just posted this elsewhere:

View attachment 2039069
The problem is that people that post stupidity like that generally aren't capable of forming their own opinions or using logic. They are the ones that just hear the idiotic catchphrases from morons in the media "port just think its the sanfl!" "port dont want a victorian coach!" "port are mean!" etc and then repeat them blindly with no consideration as to whether they have any basis in truth. As they say you can fool some of the people all of the time.

I was at that game with Willsy10
Here’s a replay of W10 when sideshow kicked his 7th
View attachment 2038839

The wildest part of that game is the surrounding circumstances.

• North had only kicked one goal at Kardinia Park the week before,

• Port chose to leave Dougal Howard and Scott Lycett in the reserves (Brown and Goldstein were best on ground for North by so far it was absurd),

• the Port CEO later justified the Dougal-trade to a fan forum by saying that he didn’t do much to stop Brown’s barrage,

• North immediately fell into a black hole they’re yet to emerge from,

• Gerard Whateley went on 360 that week and literally berated Port fans for being angry at all of it, and for having the temerity to even suggest Hinkley should be replaced.

lol

Seriously, this is all beyond me...

I have just posted this elsewhere:

View attachment 2039069
The bloke you responded to clearly has no idea how strong the original SANFL and WAFL comps were before the draft system hit them, eg `amateur local comp' Port Adelaide kicked what was supposed to be a strong Footscray line up off the park at the parade in a night series in the mid 1970's, another `amateur local' team in Norwood absolutely smashed Carlton a few weeks later, North Adelaide defeated Collingwood at Waverley in Melbourne, and the top WAFL teams were extremely hard for any oppo to defeat in WA.

I can't recall who on here suggested this only a few days ago but our top 4 or 5 teams were very competitive against the lower half of VFL ladder back then, and I can recall John Cahill saying when he came back to Adelaide after his two year stint with Collingwood in the early 1980s that there were players on their list who wouldn't have got a game at Alberton.

The wildest part of that game is the surrounding circumstances.

• North had only kicked one goal at Kardinia Park the week before,

• Port chose to leave Dougal Howard and Scott Lycett in the reserves (Brown and Goldstein were best on ground for North by so far it was absurd),

• the Port CEO later justified the Dougal-trade to a fan forum by saying that he didn’t do much to stop Brown’s barrage,

• North immediately fell into a black hole they’re yet to emerge from,

• Gerard Whateley went on 360 that week and literally berated Port fans for being angry at all of it, and for having the temerity to even suggest Hinkley should be replaced.

lol
They hate people with memories, and the ability to put two and two together.

We're a real inconvenience.

I think he's smart enough to know that they are, but he's also smart enough to know that if it happens again then its a content bonanza for him and his media pals for at least another week.

Content and clicks is all he's worried about, doesn't give a shit about the club or wants of the supporters.

Thommo was just asked about the umpiring and St Kilda.

King brought up Kenny in another segment, but it was just a return dig over Kane's criticism of Adam Simpson.
King also had a dig at Ken and Norton being all loved up during their walk off after the Sarah Jones interview. I am now convinced King checks in here from time to time.

It’s always frustrated me how the happyclappers are able to remember 2012 as if it were last year, but at the same time, conveniently forget all about:

• Missing the 8 in 2015 after being flag favourites and losing to 17th and 18th.
  • Hinkley holding the club to ransom in 2017 by threatening to walk out on us for Gold Coast.
  • Missing the 8 in 2018 from 11-4 after going all in on a premiership with Rockliff, Motlop, Watts etc.
  • Losing at home to a Richmond side missing their 5 best players in 2019.
  • Missing the 8 in 2019 after losing by 86 points to a North Melbourne outfit that kicked one goal the week before and haven’t finished higher than 17th since.

That’s only scratching the surface, but the next time you get into an argument with a happyclapper, ask them how many of those things they remember happening.

So I guess we’re not hearing from the coach the day before a game anymore?

Maybe the idea of the Wednesday presser was to roll out him out earlier in the week in the hope that things die down before Saturday? As opposed to stirring people up on the eve of the game.

Typical cop out though as it means he doesn’t have to answer questions about selection, as it hasn’t happened yet.

Sweep, spin, deflect, hide, conceal, protect.

I think he's smart enough to know that they are, but he's also smart enough to know that if it happens again then its a content bonanza for him and his media pals for at least another week.

Content and clicks is all he's worried about, doesn't give a shit about the club or wants of the supporters.
The same media talking heads who went after Hird until he tried to kill himself - now they're acting like they care about the well-being of people. They're all parasites who should be treated as such.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back