Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

Take a step back, and ask yourself hypothetically, even if they had decided to move him on, there are some serious logistics they need to sort out with respect to football department expenditure which is related to any potential payout.

Unfortunately this requires a bit of nuance, and isn't as easy as making a phone call to Peter Blucher and Ken informing them of the Club's decision.

There are some players who genuinely love him. There are also a group who don't think much of him, and another group are indifferent. It is much the same with every coach. I don't think it's a specific directive by the Club's PR/media team though. But when your coach is under so much pressure, the players are going to be asked ad nauseam how they feel about Ken. It's all media spin to generate clicks.

Take Chris Fagan for instance. The players absolutely love him, but above all else, they respect him as a coach and as a man. They're certainly not going to the local RSL after gameday for a few bevies and a bet on the dogs that's for sure.

Thanks, but the only coffee I do is in ice cream, cake (ie tiramisu) or espresso martinis :cool:

With the way some people carry on in the forum I would have thought they would be willing to do such a job for free.

Deadlines spur actions. Free agency starts next Friday, October 6. So things will have to be wrapped up by then. That is also the night of the Club's B&F which, if there is an amicable parting of ways, would be a good way to send Ken off (I'm merely thinking about the optics here).

At the same time, I suspect if the Club make the decision this week, they could hold off on making the news public and simply notify the prospective players they're interested in (like Perryman) that there will be some news being made public after the grand final of noteworthy substance.

They don't need West Coast to get rid of him.
If the club tells players (or even hints) they may as well just rip the bandaid.

The media will be all over it and it would become a bigger story than if they actually sacked him.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

We avoid a payout if West Coast foot the bill.

Based on everything I’ve seen from this board that is probably a more important factor than anything on field.

That has been true in previous years when the Club's debt and revenue positions were no where near as good as what they are today. They are well and truly in a position where they can sack him and work the financials such that they don't rely anyone else picking up any of his 900k tab.

The list is no good so you can't blame Hinkley argument is infuriating. He has had 12 years to build a premiership list. If the list hasn't been good enough any of those years then sack the coach and the list manager.
When Koch "looked at the data" and decided to extend Hinkley's contract before last year's finals it was the list that Kenny had built.

Screenshot_20240923-103049~2.png

He is. He is never abrasive or antagonistic. He feeds out enough line without getting too tangled. You're correct - he dribbles BS but never too much to get called out on, and just enough to water the rocks. He's not a clean performer. But he's not hosting his own show. His country boy dumbness gets him tagged as matey and down to earth but sees his BS not get too aggressively analysed. He's as dumb as a fox.
Yeah nah remember when he split the sides of that botox and filler faced woman because he said learnings fifteen times in a sentence

We have asked this question a few times after disappointing seasons, but what would it take for the club to do a complete independent external review? The club keep telling us what a wonderful job they do so they should welcome such a review.

The biggest issue that should be driving the change of coach is the gameplan. It is so obvious to all of us, obvious to all in the media, obvious to all external fans, however clearly not obvious to the coach. We just keep doing the same thing year in year out. We play this utterly ridiculous high press, trying to lock the ball in forward 50. We are instructed to bomb it forward and lock it in. We have done it for so many years now and nothing changes.

There is endless evidence now to prove that this gameplan does not work against the best teams and even more so, does not work at all in high intensity pressure finals against the best teams. The top teams just cut straight through it and create constant over the top goals. It also puts enormous pressure on our players in the big games, where one missed kick results in an easy counter attack goal. As seen again in the Sydney game on Friday night, they had some record score from turnover, which purely was from our horrendous gameplan.

It works fine against the lower teams, as they don't have the skills to counter it, however why create an entire gameplan based around beating the lower teams? For this to work against the good teams, we need to play absolutely perfect, with no margin for error. Rarely will this happen, again so much proof and evidence.

This issue is on the coach and nothing else. It was not anything new this year, as it has been the same plan for years and years now. Any half decent coach just congests the corridor and the defensive 50 and then play counter attack. How we have not changed this in the previous 5 years is disgusting.

I just wish we could play a normal structure and gameplan like everyone else. Stop trying to be cute and think you are a mastermind Hinkley, because you most certainly are not.

he is the Constant..? he l;ooks more like a Constance

1727053983072.png
There’s reportedly a level of uncertainty around Ken Hinkley’s future as Port Adelaide coach.
That’s according to Nine’s Tom Morris, who claims people close to Hinkley “wouldn’t be hugely shocked” if the 57-year old walked from this position with a year to run on his contract due to the “toll” of recent months.
Hinkley, who’s been at the helm at Alberton since 2013, has failed to lead the club beyond the preliminary final hurdle during that time despite multiple top four finishes including losing the grand final qualifier against Sydney last Friday night.

Speaking on Footy Furnace, Morris acknowledged Power assistant Josh Carr “will be Port’s next coach” eventually, “it’s just a matter of when.”

Last edited:
I think we've made it folks - Hinkball is done, the Sackening is upon us. I can feel it.

His stupid little weasle words, avoiding accountability aren't going to save him this time - even in the finals press conference.

I've got a bottle of Don P ready for the event and I can't wait to pull up my deck chair and watch him walk out of Alberton with his cardboard box. I'll be there the day of the sackening and anyone who wants to come for a glass of the finest bubbly is welcome to join and boo him out one last time.

Goodbye Kenneth - I would say it's been a pleasure, but that's a lie.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon what will happen is Ken is going to be moved on, but they will spin it in the media that Hinkley is stepping back himself due to the mental toll on him this year. There is no way the come out and say he is sacked.
Agree. But ultimately, they can spin whatever story they want. All smokes and mirrors and facades. They've been doing it for years anyway.

A close friend of mine works as a talent scout for another club, word on the street is many players are at their end with Kenny. There's a vocal few, who tend to be the most important to keep happy, that still like Ken. Any truth to this Chewy316.

As long as he's out, that's all that matters.

Agree. But ultimately, they can spin whatever story they want. All smokes and mirrors and facades. They've been doing it for years anyway.

A close friend of mine works as a talent scout for another club, word on the street is many players are at their end with Kenny. There's a vocal few, who tend to be the most important to keep happy, that still like Ken. Any truth to this Chewy316.

As long as he's out, that's all that matters.

It's like any club - you're going to have players who love the coach, players who despise the coach and players who are indifferent.

Certainly not going to be a mass exodus if Ken leaves.

It's like any club - you're going to have players who love the coach, players who despise the coach and players who are indifferent.

Certainly not going to be a mass exodus if Ken leaves.
That's entirely right. You have to remember its just like any other workplace, the only difference is you and me have the ability to walk whenever we want.

I've heard from player's families the players love Ken, but I think Chewy is right there would be some in all camps and it wouldn't entirely surprise me its a directive because I've also heard that the club staff all love Ken too.

That's entirely right. You have to remember its just like any other workplace, the only difference is you and me have the ability to walk whenever we want.

I've heard from player's families the players love Ken, but I think Chewy is right there would be some in all camps and it wouldn't entirely surprise me its a directive because I've also heard that the club staff all love Ken too.
Ken will not be sacked our best best is a godfather offer from the Eagles and he resigns

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

Back