Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

The only players who are going to want to come here while we still have Ken at the helm are:

• players with a personal relationship with someone at the club (Luko)
  • players who just want an opportunity to play AFL games (Richards, Garcia, etc)

Show a clear path to success as a club, and we might be an attractive option for big names. This isn’t the mid to late 2010s anymore - players know Ken’s time is running very short, and they probably don’t want to be around unless that’s been dealt with.

We have built this moment up for years and years. I wonder how some people on here are going to actually handle the news when it finally does come through!
I'd very much like to find out this week, rather than wait until some time next year!!!

Dog Phone GIF

One of Kenny’s Dogs who missed the placings last week anxiously waiting to hear whether he’s off to the meat grinder or is being re-homed.

If anyone can put up the sack Hinkley sign again I reckon that'll work a treat. Would definitely make sure the club's talking about it again and might be the last straw for Ken
But don't just do it as a once off - every time the signs are removed, someone needs to put more signs up that night. It'll drive the club to distraction, and Hinkley may very well end up in a mental hospital.

Someone fax this graphic to Coschee

saddest part about that is the hawthorn coaching factory stemmed from Port when Clarkson left and took all the coaches and fitness staff with him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That’s also a good point. Motlop had his moments but never hit the heights he did at the Cats.

Fantasia was a loose stool.

Rockliff came to us with a wrecked shoulder that never saw him play with the benefit of a full preseason underneath him, etc.
Players come to Port for the easy ride with our soft approach and low standards, with no accountability or consequence for poor performance, the whole club reeks of the same rubbish.

Would make sense. Ken-related cancellations are pretty fresh in the memory of the club. When I cancelled last year within 15 minutes of seeing he got an extension I was asked “was it because of his extension?”
Yet record membership,they don't care about us not renewing,it's about making a profit, playing finals,most of the board don't even Supporter port so a Premiership isn't that important.

Sent from my A065 using Tapatalk

Yet record membership,they don't care about us not renewing,it's about making a profit, playing finals,most of the board don't even Supporter port so a Premiership isn't that important.

I don't think our reported record membership equals increased membership revenue...my guess would be that ALOT of memberships are downgraded from full 11 game memberships

Yeah, but in previous years there's been plenty of smoke, e.g. the Gold Coast thing, and then zero sacking, so just maybe this time it's different. The other thing is that if Josh is taking the reins then there really is no need for anything to be done quickly.
And maybe I'm just clutching at straws :(
Memberships is a reason it should be done quickly if being done at all

Players come to Port for the easy ride with our soft approach and low standards, with no accountability or consequence for poor performance, the whole club reeks of the same rubbish.
Hard not make this assumption when players continually speak glowingly of the coach and work environment despite no tangible success being delivered.

gives off real "relief teacher wheeling in the TV when the big bad teacher is away" vibes.

When I saw Whateley last night on 360 say about Dan Houston that he should go back to the club and say he's staying for next season. "It will be great, and then he can revisit being traded at the end of next season".

That to me is a tell that Hinkley isn't being moved on. Whateley is one of Hinkley's biggest supporters, if there was a chance Hinkley was gone, he couldn't GAF about whether Houston stays or goes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

Back