Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s the extreme reactions to the mere suggestion we move the bloke on after a VFL/AFL record tenure of futility that get me.

In a similar vein to the pathetic “how would you like to be a St Kilda fan?!” retorts, I often get:

“So you’d rather be a club that changes its coach every 2 years” or “what are you going to do if the new coach doesn’t win a flag next year huh?!”

It’s the most disingenuous, sh¡tfilled situation ever.

I mean, we are St Kilda fans based off premierships, they just get sold hope a lot more often than we do:

Ave Games By coachSeason*Premierships
St Kilda
56​
2.5​
1​
Sydney
62​
2.8​
5​
Richmond
66​
3.0​
13​
Gold Coast
73​
3.3​
0​
Hawthorn
77​
3.5​
13​
North
78​
3.5​
4​
Geelong
79​
3.6​
10​
Western Bulldogs
81​
3.7​
2​
Melbourne
86​
3.9​
13​
Adelaide
93​
4.2​
2​
Collingwood
94​
4.3​
16​
GWS
96​
4.4​
0​
Carlton
97​
4.4​
16​
Essendon
98​
4.5​
16​
Fremantle
109​
5.0​
0​
Brisbane
127​
5.8​
4​
West Coast
146​
6.6​
4​
Port
159​
7.2​
1​
Total
93.2​
4.2​
*VFL previously was 18 game season

Would love to have gone into RD 1 next season excited at the thought of a new forward line set-up, with a player coming home about to enter what should be his prime, playing with JHF, Zak and Connor who'd be hungry to atone for their finals failures under a hungry new coach with Dewy as his right hand man. Further development into the likes of Mitch, Miles, Jase, Logan and the rest of our squad. But nah

*s me off.. At some stage Timmy... Ya need to grow a pair and man the * up.

Pathetic.
Not sure what we're expecting Timmy to do? He's already said on multiple occasions that he would not have extended Hinkley and gone with Carr.

He's employed by 5aa. The last time they (he and Rowe) pushed back on the club, the club sooked it up and put a ban on from anyone going on there.

The only people required to arrange an interview with 5AA are Daniel Norton and Ken Hinkley. Neither of these people are involved in decisions on the future of Ken Hinkley. There is nothing to read into.
This is the height of optimism, but maybe this post-season wrap has been in the offing for some time and the club wouldn't want to alarm/alert him to future events by asking him to park it.

But realistically I think we're in the denial phase of grief here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure what we're expecting Timmy to do? He's already said on multiple occasions that he would not have extended Hinkley and gone with Carr.

He's employed by 5aa. The last time they (he and Rowe) pushed back on the club, the club sooked it up and put a ban on from anyone going on there.
I expect him to do what's right for the club...

Even if that does mean he gets a slap on the wrist or punished.

He holds back. He should say what he really thinks... And he can do that without being disrespectful and rude.

The only people required to arrange an interview with 5AA are Daniel Norton and Ken Hinkley. Neither of these people are involved in decisions on the future of Ken Hinkley. There is nothing to read into.

Alien Gif Deal With It GIF by AGoodDoctorBTC

The last interview with Ken on the Sports Show was very underwhelming. Not many tough questions and if they ask anything remotely difficult they are almost apologetic when they ask it. Rowey not as much as Timmy.

God the parasite is on Dwayne Russell's show today as well. Dwayne-O just said Port is not an " 8 (top) worthy list".

Things that are sh¡t:

• The first team
• The list
• The assistant coaches
• The club’s stature
• The club’s SANFL achievements
• Adelaide as a destination/place to live

Things that absolutely are not sh¡t:

• Ken Hinkley

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad