Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

The last interview with Ken on the Sports Show was very underwhelming. Not many tough questions and if they ask anything remotely difficult they are almost apologetic when they ask it. Rowey not as much as Timmy.
It wouldn't surprise me if that club signs off on the questions that are going to be asked beforehand, and no-go zones are agreed on.

Ken is way too insecure to go into a thing like this wide open and vulnerable to...you know...perfectly legitimate and valid questions regarding his performance.

I'm fully expecting Ken to use it as a chance to try and get ahead of any potential discussions around his sacking and put his stake in the ground about staying and declare he is the right man for the job.

Essentially letting them know that if they sack him he will make it difficult and he will demand a full pay out.

Imagine the LA Lakers finishing in the top seedings four years out of five then bombing out in the play-offs, or Real Madrid getting eliminated from the UCL knock-out stages before the Final 4/5 years.

There's absolutely no way key people in the management structure would survive, nor would they be blindsided by their sacking. They'd expect it.

I guess by their actions the club is self-identifying as a minnow, which is exactly how Koch has publicly painted us since 2013. #LittleOldPort
Never mind the Lakers, the Toronto Raptors of all clubs sacked Dwane Casey after having finished high in the regular season but bombing out in the playoffs several years in a row, and then the very next season they immediately won their first and only championship.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seriously how to can we be 10+ days from our season ending and be undecided. That's bullshit. Decision should have been made the Monday after the crap we serve up during finals, one way or another.
We are not undecided,decision is made and Ken's staying,was made last year,the club said a week after we lost Ken's coaching in 2025.

Sent from my A065 using Tapatalk

As mentioned before, would it be possible for Hinkley to announce his retirement on a sports show rather than a press conference?

(please, please let it be this)
It'd be more like Ken to announce it at the B&F I think, where the fans he despises are locked out and he can get the adulation and a heroes send-off from the clapping seals in the crowd (players/employees/sponsors).

Two options remaining. I think we can slam the door shut that he’s getting sacked.

1) He quits
2) He coaches ‘25

He’s on the 5AA sport show and I’m guessing it will be readable if he’s quitting. (Unlikely)

ps a succession plan scenario I think will work as well as the Buckley/Malthouse plan.

Two options remaining. I think we can slam the door shut that he’s getting sacked.

1) He quits
2) He coaches ‘25

He’s on the 5AA sport show and I’m guessing it will be readable if he’s quitting. (Unlikely)

ps a succession plan scenario I think will work as well as the Buckley/Malthouse plan.
Malthouse/Buckley & Clarkson/Mitchell successions were both disastrous in terms of (1) becoming a disatraction and (2) how messy they got.

Roos/Goodwin worked okay but Melbourne were coming off the lowest base imaginable.

Malthouse/Buckley & Clarkson/Mitchell successions were both disastrous in terms of (1) becoming a disatraction and (2) how messy they got.

Roos/Goodwin worked okay but Melbourne were coming off the lowest base imaginable.
I don’t think you can compare the three. Malthouse didn’t want to go anywhere and I don’t think Clarkson was too happy being pushed out. I’d put Hinkley in that corner.

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

Back