Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

The number of 30-65yo women on social media who are utterly determined to absolve Ken of all blame and responsibility for last night’s recidivist clusterf#%k really brings the, “you don’t know him like I do! he promises me he’ll change!”, energy.
Funny you mention this. Mr PL was outside the ground a few times last night having a smoke and he was hearing the same thing. I'm there "Hey M8, don't blame me!!!"

Last edited:
How did Arsenal go in Wenger's last 14 League seasons and go and watch Arsenal Fan TV when he was in charge. Then come back and talk.
For sure, but at the end of the day if Ken had won flags for us in 13 and 14 Id be waaay more accepting of him burning the last decade.

Cassisi started to finally wake up after the Showdown loss earlier this year. Has been quite critical and asking pertinent questions of and to Ken in footy committee meetings, specifically about setup structures and how they would adapt in the latter half of the season.

Ken actually struggled to answer some of these outside of saying that (paraphrasing) "things will look different."

Tredrea carrying Dom again.

For real though, those on the footy committee or made decisions that pushed for the stability/Ken to the decade should go with him.

Scott went into detail of how they gameplanned and balanced the risk/reward in his post game conference.

Geelong's coaching and setup appears to be that of a level of US/European sports.

Probably makes sense considering how well that club is cashed up thanks to Victorian tax payers. Could we afford that level professionalism at our club? or are we still doing things on a tight budget?

Yet PowerLil and myself hate the ****er.
Have for years. Just as many dumb ****s that are male too, led by Kane Cornes.
Of course it isn't absolute, just a really strong trend.

There are too many in my demographic who think he's doing a fine job too!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How did Arsenal go in Wenger's last 14 League seasons and go and watch Arsenal Fan TV when he was in charge. Then come back and talk.
mate i was heavily on Wenger out and he definitely outstayed his time at Arsenal, but unlike Ken, he had won things.

What really annoys me is the club's increasing lack of solidarity with the supporters.

Outside of making changes, a good club after that Brisbane game would've at least said "it hurts but we get it. We'll do our best to make those people proud". Instead they just let this despicable spoilt port supporter narrative fester in the media for months without pushback.

Then a port premiership player comes out this week and states that the team is playing to spite their supporters. Again, silence from the club. Tredrea's 'untenable' comment cause a royal commission, but slander the supporters paying their wages and that's okay.

Nothing like repeating the same criticisms year after year only to be told by smug media members that you are fickle, wrong, owe Ken an apology.

Then come finals time it's the same result with the same exact failures.

On and on it goes, freaking round and round.

I genuinely loathe everything to do with our football department, our board and the media protection racket around this man.

He could have left with a certain Cult status after 13/14 and how he helped us out the mire but 7/8 years too long and we will look back at his and his enablers legacies with nothing but loathing.

Scott went into detail of how they gameplanned and balanced the risk/reward in his post game conference.

Geelong's coaching and setup appears to be that of a level of US/European sports.

Since leading them by 49 points at Kardinia Park at the 11-minute mark of the second quarter in Round 10, they’ve collectively outscored us 212-85.

Totally normal outcome for our Star Coach™

Ken has been at Port far to long.Thats not Kens fault, totally on the board.
He played his injured mate last night.Total BS selection.

It's not his fault, I honestly believe he has been told to play certain players (thats all i will say), our bottom 5 are not afl standard

This is total BS. Ol' Malcom* Blight in a pre-game shindig waxed lyrical how he and Ken together on their regular call made the decision not to play Todd last night. Ken has final say on all selections.

mate i was heavily on Wenger out and he definitely outstayed his time at Arsenal, but unlike Ken, he had won things.

He also completely changed British football.

Those that caught and surpassed him with greater resources first emulated him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

Back