Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

According to AFL Table, Hinkley will coach his 273rd game of football on the weekend against Hawthorn without getting to a Grand Final.

Hinkley will be equaling Mark 'Choco' Williams games record for Port Adelaide which stands at 273. As we know Choco won a Grand Final in 2004 and the other one.

Last edited:
David King can be a bit of a dick sometimes but his comments this morning were spot on regarding starting JHF on the bench for the QF. He said if the Match Committee pulls that stunt again every supporter would have the right to walk away, & the club should shut its doors.

Even that sanctimonious twat Whateley mentioned that there were a few Port players who should probably never wear the jumper again due to repeated no shows in the big games. He didn’t mention specific names, but they were ruthless remarks from someone who is normally so benign & tolerable.
Ruthless remarks solely designed to not criticise his buddy Ken. Piss of Whately, that is the most pathetic commentary yet and that's saying something.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

"I love working with Kane. And Kane is the most critical person on Luke Beveridge, I think, publicly, that we've heard. The guy has won a grand final and been to a grand final in 2021. If we are going to hold a standard as benchmarking coaching performance, he has been passed that benchmark at minimum twice. Minimum twice. There are others that haven't got passed that standard, that benchmark, that don't get the same critique as Luke Beveridge gets. So, I think, if you are going to do one, do all."
- David King

"I love working with Kane. And Kane is the most critical person on Luke Beveridge, I think, publicly, that we've heard. The guy has won a grand final and been to a grand final in 2021. If we are going to hold a standard as benchmarking coaching performance, he has been passed that benchmark at minimum twice. Minimum twice. There are others that haven't got passed that standard, that benchmark, that don't get the same critique as Luke Beveridge gets. So, I think, if you are going to do one, do all."
- David King

In that segment, David King even cheekily admitted he feels he "got into trouble", alluding to Gerard maybe being upset.

Well done to Darren Cahill for guiding Jannik Sinner to the US Open crown this morning.

Wonder whether he advised Jannik that it's not the Challenger Tour and grand slams are hard to win ...

Your daily reminder that Ken didn’t want this bloke anywhere near the coaches or coaches box because he viewed him as a threat.

Even that sanctimonious twat Whateley mentioned that there were a few Port players who should probably never wear the jumper again due to repeated no shows in the big games. He didn’t mention specific names, but they were ruthless remarks from someone who is normally so benign & tolerable.

Yeah nah, this is him prepping his line of defence for Ken

Last edited:

- David King
Did hear this and chuckle.

I wish he went the whole way though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

According to AFL Table, Hinkley will coach his 273rd game of football on the weekend against Hawthorn without getting to a Grand Final equaling Mark 'Choco' Williams.
Choco made two Grand Finals. Two of his 273 games coached were Grand Finals and one was a flag,

he’s going to cop so much shit from the crowd Friday night.

Loved how he blamed the players because he’s just a ‘figurehead’

Basically said ‘I can’t kick it for them’

I just don’t understand the players love for him - throws them under the bus all the time.
Wait til you hear the comments about the new coach once he's gone. That's when you'll find out what they really think.

The Hinkleys, sounds like a TV series
Black And White Wow GIF by Laff
Black And White Lol GIF by Laff
Sneaking Out Black And White GIF by Laff

I genuinely believe we will win the next 2 games - not through any tactical genius - but through some individual brilliance. We'll then get smashed in the GF.
The Hinkley reign will continue. The nightmare will never end.
I don’t think we will win another game. The loss last week was the clubs second largest finals defeat ever in finals. The players were already mentally shot before the ball was bounced (ie Drew fumbling seconds into the match). As soon as the hawks get a run on the players will fold again and give up

I genuinely believe we will win the next 2 games - not through any tactical genius - but through some individual brilliance. We'll then get smashed in the GF.
The Hinkley reign will continue. The nightmare will never end.
No it’ll be okay. Hawthorn will smoke us.

Ken wouldn’t have even gone to Melb Friday to watch them. He’s working on his next contract at a new club.

It’s over.

I concede nothing is happening until next weeks result, should we lose again.

But from that point I just can't fathom even the consideration to continue on with Ken next year? Pro Josh or not, he's done his apprenticeship 5 times over, has rejected multiple large club offers, has grown with this current crop of players and would have to be ready to go.

The club wanted him because they can brand it as a bit of a continuation of their strategy and don't really have to admit failure, but that being the case, just pull the chord and get it done?

What is the point of Ken? Genuinely

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
The club can't say that he needs more time - if what he's trying to do (whatever that is) hasn't worked after 12 years, it's never going to work.

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

Back