Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

You know they will somehow 'do it for daddy' and drag it out a little bit more.....
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the last time (and only under Hinkley) we played a team we had bested during the season and followed up with a win against them during finals was 2014 vs Fremantle

It's a weird but telling stat. One for mister I LOOK AT THE DATA koch

actually not counting 2013 the reverse appears to be true

According to AFL Table, Hinkley will coach his 273rd game of football on the weekend against Hawthorn without getting to a Grand Final equaling Mark 'Choco' Williams.
I think the issue here is bad grammar, rather than bad stats. I think you mean, equaling Choco on games coached for PA. However, Choco won the 2004 flag on his 143rd game. While Hinkley will not have made a GF by his 273rd.

I think the issue here is bad grammar, rather than bad stats. I think you mean, equaling Choco on games coached for PA. However, Choco won the 2004 flag on his 143rd game. While Hinkley will not have made a GF by his 273rd.
Yeah, I've rewritten it.

I remember 2004.

I was excited that Hinkley may end on Choco's number.

Here it is..

According to AFL Table, Hinkley will coach his 273rd game of football on the weekend against Hawthorn without getting to a Grand Final.

Hinkley will be equaling Mark 'Choco' Williams games record for Port Adelaide which stands at 273. As we know Choco won a Grand Final in 2004 and the other one.

Interesting. Thanks.

But he’s not talking about Fantasy there. I’ll look more into this.

I know him (or used to back in the day). For some reason I thought he posted on here, but cant see the username I thought was him. I thought it was a pretty good analysis. I do always feel we are susceptible when a team wants to take the short kick and then run it through, rather than kick to our zone ... but never seen it explained this way.

Yeah, I've rewritten it.

I remember 2004.

I was excited that Hinkley may end on Choco's number.

Here it is..

According to AFL Table, Hinkley will coach his 273rd game of football on the weekend against Hawthorn without getting to a Grand Final.

Hinkley will be equaling Mark 'Choco' Williams games record for Port Adelaide which stands at 273. As we know Choco won a Grand Final in 2004 and the other one.
It'd be interesting if they both end up with the same number of games coached. It'd be a travesty to have Hinkley coaching more games than Choco.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fingers crossed. Can't wait for him to sail off into the sunset to make his living spruiking erectile disfunction medication rather than fleecing the club for every last cent.
When he does sail away, I hope his boat sinks LOL.

David King can be a bit of a dick sometimes but his comments this morning were spot on regarding starting JHF on the bench for the QF. He said if the Match Committee pulls that stunt again every supporter would have the right to walk away, & the club should shut its doors.

Even that sanctimonious twat Whateley mentioned that there were a few Port players who should probably never wear the jumper again due to repeated no shows in the big games. He didn’t mention specific names, but they were ruthless remarks from someone who is normally so benign & tolerable.
Whateley was probably happy to pot the players, bet he didn't say much about his buddy Ken though.

Ken was asked about a gameplan and risk/reward and admitted he wasn't familiar with the terms. "Youse use big words, don'tya!"
Has someone ever explained to Ken that photocopying plan A doesn't constitute a plan B?

Malthouse on the ABC on Saturday re: how Port can recover and his advice to Hinkley

"You must walk in on Monday and have the players automatically believe that you believe. You cannot, and I'm sure Ken Hinkley doesn't do this, is put your head down and go 'oh the worlds against us', the players feel that straight away....the facade that you use as a coach is quite unique because you've almost got to convince yourself to con yourself to be up, knowing full well you are up against it".

Mick really hasn't been paying attention to how Hinkley views finals.

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

Back