Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

If we had that answer we'd be making a fortune in sports psychology and not posting on here.

My belief is the club is afraid of the big moments. It's been this way since 2001. Our finals failures aren't exclusive to Hinkley. It happened in 2001-03. The 2007 GF loss did huge damage to the club. Now Hinkley's failures in recent seasons just add to the issue. There's something wrong with the club when the stakes are their highest.

It's a club issue and has been for years. What causes it I don't know.

It can’t live up to its past? Fear of failure.

Are we the only club whose coach gets offered roles at every other club (yes I am exaggerating). But it is annoying that in 2017, he was going to the Gold Coast. In 2022, he turned down an offer of a long term contract at Essendon. The media then wonders why we have a problem with him. Why is he even getting those offers?

Anyone who watched Thursday night and came to the conclusion the list isn't upto it is completely disingenuous.

That performance was down to tactics, mental prep and resilience, traits we have lacked for Kens entire tenure.

I can't even believe that this debate is taking place in the media.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Ken struggling to answer some of these questions doesn't surprise me one bit but good to hear he's finally being held to some account. Since 2015 he's talked in riddles. If I worked with someone like Ken I would think he was incompetent & would have zero respect for him. Don't know how the players hold him in such regard, total mystery to me.
I'd be surprised if public statements about how the players feel about Ken match how they really feel.

I'd be surprised if public statements about how the players feel about Ken match how they really feel.
I think there are probably a few who are absolutely tied to the hip with him, and then the rest of them know he's an incompetent egocentric fool

Even “sack Hinkley” day will be a let down….the muppets in charge won’t sack him per se but will announce a transition plan to Carr.

Hinkley not being head coach won’t be directly linked to our finals failures.
I don't care how he leaves - he can be abducted by aliens for all I care. Just as long as we have a new coach in 2025.

Responding to a post from overnight ... I can't remember which thread and which poster it was that did not believe another poster's claim that the 2025 renewal notices have been sent out already ... they have ... I received mine Thursday of all days lol (ps and genuinely not having a go at the poster, just correcting)

The club's got class. They definitely were very confident this was going to be our year and march through the finals.

The club believed that this was our year since trading in Zerk and Rat.

Soon as we finished second, Koch got a hard on and took a swipe at the sanfl, typically absolving himself and all at the club of accountability. He's as football dumb as the happy clapper that paints their face in teal and carries a mini flogger.

The club gets easily excited with any grain of promise, like the fishead Koch, without reflection.
They don't even try with me anymore. I told them some time ago that I wouldn't be attending another match until Hinkley is gone - they obviously took me seriously, because I haven't been offered a membership renewal since.

Anyone who watched Thursday night and came to the conclusion the list isn't upto it is completely disingenuous.

That performance was down to tactics, mental prep and resilience, traits we have lacked for Kens entire tenure.

This.

The media are trying to gaslight us into thinking this is our natural ceiling. You're trying to tell me that if we had a premiership caliber coach they wouldn't have gotten any better out of this playing group? That's it? This is the top of the peak? They're delusional for thinking this let alone trying to convince us of this.

Give this list to an half decent coach and 25-30% of the players would be culled over time. Only because the game style a new coach will bring in will not support these players types in our club.

I don't care how he leaves - he can be abducted by aliens for all I care. Just as long as we have a new coach in 2025.
Ken Hinkley convincing an ultra advanced alien civilisation that they've actually got a long way to go to get to the level of their Romulus galaxy rivals

The former Geelong and Gold Coast assistant has an impressive 60.29 per cent winning record, but their lack of finals success in recent years has some Eagles fans concerned.
“Stick with (Geelong assistant) Steven King, after Port’s performance last Thursday. There is no way you’d want Hinkley,” Mark Baster wrote on Facebook.
“Hopefully not we need a young coach not a has been,” Tim Thompson also commented on The West’s story.
“Given he never takes responsibility for Port’s less desirable performances and instead blames other factors despite 11 years at the helm, he should absolutely not be a considered candidate,” Joel Inwood wrote on Facebook.
Port and WC fans.
images-163.jpeg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A little part of me is gonna be sad when this over this week. We have had alot of fun along the way at Hinkleys expense. The dark humour and memes will be sorely missed but i'm sure we will find something else.
Somebody needs to start a sack Carr thread the moment his appointment is made official. Keep the good times rolling.

its going to be comical after that match when either 2 things will happen,

1. Ken and Charlie will be desperate to receive adulation from the happy clappers in their final appearance for the club only to be booed to oblivion
2. Ken and Charlie will be too scared to show their faces out on the ground knowing they will get booed

My bet is on Ken and Charlie hiding under the grand stands, just like Ken did last year instead of being there for when Tom Jonas was chaired off the ground by the rest of the team for his final appearance.

They don't even try with me anymore. I told them some time ago that I wouldn't be attending another match until Hinkley is gone - they obviously took me seriously, because I haven't been offered a membership renewal since.
Every time I've been offered a 3 game membership ect I've asked is Hinkley an Koch still there? Yes? Then go feck ya self.

A little part of me is gonna be sad when this over this week. We have had alot of fun along the way at Hinkleys expense. The dark humour and memes will be sorely missed but i'm sure we will find something else.
Don't worry, we still have plenty to aim our venom at

There's the Pinstripe Phallus chairman, the arrogant dud cricketer GM who's probably responsible for most of this, that bozo-faced woohoo CEO, the Cornes brothers - who, like their namesake grain, tend to be embedded in turds, and that Italian "journalist" who looks like he should be on a sex-offender list

All these will be apt targets for ongoing vitriol

Don't worry, we still have plenty to aim our venom at

There's the Pinstripe Phallus chairman, the arrogant dud cricketer GM who's probably responsible for most of this, that bozo-faced woohoo CEO, the Cornes brothers - who, like their namesake grain, tend to be embedded in turds, and that Italian "journalist" who looks like he should be on a sex-offender list

All these will be apt targets for ongoing vitriol

I think we go too lightly on Koch, Davies, and Richo. Kane and Rooch deserve heat too.

Chad suffers from his last name, to be honest.

The overall winning percentage of Ken has been done to death. On face value I agree it looks fine. Not quite as impressive when you drill down on the overall results against the top four and top eight teams over a 12 year span. It is something you would have thought some of the media pundits and experts would have investigated as you know, it is their job but I guess it is easier to just say "Kenny is great, those Port fans are awful"

Unfortunately for Port Adelaide and poor Kenny, the AFL competition is designed that if you finish in the top eight and want to challenge for a Premiership you are forced to play other teams that also finish in the top eight during the Finals competition. Some of the True Believers and Cult of Ken members may find this completely unfair we don't get to play all finals against North Melbourne.

The ability to perform in big matches is nothing new. It has been a long-term trend and major concern. I don't take any joy in pointing that out but it might explain why we have only won two finals in a decade and lost our last four finals by an average of 10 goals. But I am just an ungrateful Member with unrealistic expectations, this is not the SANFL and I am not allowed to benchmark the longest serving coach in VFL/AFL history without a Grand Final appearance against the current competition in any way shape or form.

Last edited:
I've heard promising things about the direction Carr intends to take us in. There are no guarantees but put it this way, if we fail under Carr we will at least fail trying to be Port Adelaide rather than whatever it is we've become under Hinkley.
That's the trouble with this stupid idea of stability - being terrified of what MIGHT happen if we change. Imagine if Collingwood had thought like this after finishing 17th in 2021, "Yeah we've had a bad year, but changing the coach isn't the answer - surely 2022 will be a better year for us."

How lucky are we to have real-time scans, eh?
Kane was referring more to this Friday wasn't he?

Plus many have said that he injured his ribs in the Freo game, so i would've thought he would've had scans prior to the Geelong match too.

But yeah i understand it's cool on here to disagree with everything Kane says but i thought he raised valid points.

its going to be comical after that match when either 2 things will happen,

1. Ken and Charlie will be desperate to receive adulation from the happy clappers in their final appearance for the club only to be booed to oblivion
2. Ken and Charlie will be too scared to show their faces out on the ground knowing they will get booed

My bet is on Ken and Charlie hiding under the grand stands, just like Ken did last year instead of being there for when Tom Jonas was chaired off the ground by the rest of the team for his final appearance.
If we win he's still here for a prelim. He has to lose 1 of the next two games to be gone.

Kane was referring more to this Friday wasn't he?

Plus many have said that he injured his ribs in the Freo game, so i would've thought he would've had scans prior to the Geelong match too.

But yeah i understand it's cool on here to disagree with everything Kane says but i thought he raised valid points.

Ribs and associated breathing difficulties are excruciating though. Goes without saying it’s not like trying to gut through a rolled ankle or shoulder stinger.

Reckon there was a fair dollop of “let’s not risk a Petracca 2.0 here” about it as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

Back