Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

Vodafone pulling out to focus on Motorsport and Music Festivals,

Bianco expanding just as the GFC hits,

Renault pulling up stumps to focus elsewhere despite the partnership being a mutual home run,

The China initiative, 150th Year celebrations, and back to back QF/PF home finals being upended by COVID,

Say what you like about our various admins and the millstone that is the legacy of the SANFL’s meddling, but cheese louise have we been on the receiving end of some shocking luck.
Thanks for bringing them up. They are a bloody important part of the overall picture.

The first two added to the downward spiral pre AO and SANFL freedom, and the others put a handbrake on us thriving.

I was thinking that it could've been a calculated move to get the white noise on board. Nothing unites people more than a common enemy. You can see by the reactions from Ken sceptics in this forum that it worked to some extent.
Our club was disrespected (again) & he gave a bit back. Watching later I thought it was funny & an 'up you' to the Hawks which they deserved. I loved it as I'm sick of Kenny always trying to be Mr Popular at the expense of our club. But that doesn't change that I want a new coach.

So the AFL has fined Ken 20k while the person who started it all, is free to post what he likes on social media. Maybe I missed the AFL sanction on Ginnivan? Typical viccentric AFL.

Not often I have sympathy for Hinkley but this time around he has been shafted.

So the AFL has fined Ken 20k while the person who started it all, is free to post what he likes on social media. Maybe I missed the AFL sanction on Ginnivan? Typical viccentric AFL.

Not often I have sympathy for Hinkley but this time around he has been shafted.

Hinkley's fine was complete BS, and Ginnivan was (and is) a dickhead, but you can't fine him for posting "See you in a fortnight" on social media.

You don't fix stupid decisions by adding more stupid decisions.

Sorry for the intrusion guys, firstly I'd like to say I absolutely hate Port Adelaide like you guys probably hate my club. Secondly I have thought for ages Hinkley should be sacked. Now for the reason I came here is to say thank you on behalf of every other club for giving hawks a taste of their own medicine. Watching it blow up with Hawthorn individuals having full blown meltdowns was hilarious and definitely the best thing I've ever seen Hinkley do. AFL is obviously Run by Karen's he should never have been fined. Wasn't Hinkleys fault Sicily became completely unhinged and made it into something it wasn't. It would almost be worth watching Port win the GF to see the hawks supporters try to cope with it. Good luck for the rest of the year and with potentially finding a new coach.

I'm a richmond fan and am going for Port here on in. Hinkley did nothing but but what any reasonable observer would do. Stir some sht at the party. You win, you get the dance floor. All the sooks can go home. That was a tough win and blue collar footy is IT in the end. Sydney only have Warner. Not enough. Geelong are the worst. Robot frontrunners. Tackling wins from here

As if ginnivan even cares, I'd pay money to get razzed by Ken like that. They looked the toughest they have for years in that standoff. And if it soured the send off who cares, that's hawthorn's problem. Too many ceremonies. Ken did what all old people do, cut the crap and had a laugh. No one got upset with fagan dancing like Mary poppins

Good to see some opposition supporters backing Port in this episode. Typical Koch Richardson though, they should be asking why Ginnivan and Sicily have not been fined. Once again the AFL are nauseatingly inconsistent on this. They fine a coach who react but players are allowed to walk away scot free.

OK fine Hinkley if they must but surely the same rules apply to Ginnivan and Sicily?

Hinkley is being honoured by this fine. Its a joke. They want drama and got it. Nothing to explain. The flying gesture was better than anything the boring critics like lloyd and caro could do. Afl dont know how lucky they are some spite came in. Longmire and Scott? Hello borefest

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Port fans were remarkably accommodating tho. I was wearing a carlton jumper and the blues got up by a point. Then defaulted to 8th cos of bombers peptides and beat the tiges next week. Broadband hitting the post was the loudest point I've heard. Westhoff played well. It was packed.

Chris Scott is the main reason I don't like Geelong. He's a whinger and everyone thinks he's a genius. Bomber Thompson was much more interesting

I reckon Ken has actually come out on top in this. He appears to have some sympathy across the footy public. This so called 'heated exchange' was so heated that James Sicily admits that he did not hear everything that Ken said. I have looked at the footage and see no finger pointing, no physical contact in fact from those who were close there was no abusive language used by anyone. All I see is Ken waving his arms and smiling.

I liked Kornes' comment that the AFL has an 'enormous glass jaw' on the issue.

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

Back