Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

Sadly the writing seems to be well and truly on the wall here, all the smoke being blown up Ken's bum, the win against the hawks and everything that's come after definitely feels like "mission accomplished" pats on the back all round.....onto next year.

Koch seems to care more for the adoration of the media and the feel good story of "Kenny", instead of focusing on what's best for the club, members and premiership success.

Surprised no body else at the club has pulled him up on this. I know he's chairman Moi, but surely someone has said to him let's keep the interviews down and cards close to our chest for now.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Sacked Ken Sheldon the year after he got them into back-to-back finals series, when he served up a 10-10 record amidst high expectations in 1993.

Sacked Wonderboy Tim Watson when it was obvious he wasn’t suited to the job.

Sacked Malcolm Blight when they decided he was just taking the coin.

Sacked Brett Ratten not long after extending him once Ross Lyon signalled his intention to return to coaching, too.

For all their failures they’re probably the most ruthless club in the league when it comes to their coaches box.
Don't forget Stan Alves who they sacked a year after making the GF.

It's amazing when you want something bad enough, how gullible you can become, even when your head says the opposite.

Hawthorn may have been the laughing stock last week but we will be the laughing stock for another year or more.
Remember Koch said he wanted to make Hinkley a 20 year coach.

That's how I see it until anything changes.

This means that Koch wants to be around for 20 year or more as well.

All of the rubbish and propaganda and leaked information from the board is just that. Rubbish. Just building narratives to lessen the blows of keeping their boys club unchecked with the unwashed members.

This is the thing. There is no recourse for change. The board and the Chairman are not member elected anymore. Koch will do whatever he wants. The AFL wanted to turn the Port Adelaide Football Club into a franchise and David has been very successful in doing that.

David has brought his soulless brand of Morning Television to Alberton. Look, David sold his soul long ago. The Port Adelaide Football Club is still going through the process on his behalf. It's gonna take time.

Why the f*#k would you publicly confirm hinkley coaching next year Koch you are an absolute clown keep the heat on him so he doesn't get complacent again but nope this happens every f*#kin time watch the team bow out this weekend like dejuvu its a mentality issue
And if we do lose on Friday night, Koch will undoubtedly rock up to the B&F and declare 2024 another successful season - despite the failure to make yet another grand final.

And if we do lose on Friday night, Koch will undoubtedly rock up to the B&F and declare 2024 another successful season - despite the failure to make yet another grand final.
Obviously I hope we win this week, but If we lose Friday Night Koch can’t possibly do that. Four top four finishes in five years (including finishing top and second twice) should mean a couple of GF appearances in the bank as a bare minimum. We lose this week, especially if it is a belting, we have three final wins in a decade and the exact same concerns around performance when it counts the most.

Obviously I hope we win this week, but If we lose Friday Night Koch can’t possibly do that. Four top four finishes in five years (including finishing top and second twice) should mean a couple of GF appearances in the bank as a bare minimum. We lose this week, especially if it is a belting, we have three final wins in a decade and the exact same concerns around performance when it counts the most.
I wouldn't put anything past Chairman Moi (besides accountability). Last year he ignored the straight sets exit in his speech, and declared the season a success on the basis of 13 straight wins. If he and Fos Williams had ever crossed paths, Fos would have smashed him in the nose.

Sadly the writing seems to be well and truly on the wall here, all the smoke being blown up Ken's bum, the win against the hawks and everything that's come after definitely feels like "mission accomplished" pats on the back all round.....onto next year.

Koch seems to care more for the adoration of the media and the feel good story of "Kenny", instead of focusing on what's best for the club, members and premiership success.

Surprised no body else at the club has pulled him up on this. I know he's chairman Moi, but surely someone has said to him let's keep the interviews down and cards close to our chest for now.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Why do you think Koch has been largely absent from the media with regards to footy all season? It was directed by the Club to be that way.

People in paid and unpaid positions at the executive levels of the Club are downright pissed with David's comments on the record to Jake Niall, and his comments off the record to Robbo. They want the focus in the media to be on the final, nothing else.

The irony is that David's comments about the SANFL recently have been the tipping point for CD who is almost certain to leave Port for Collingwood this off season -.which I don't consider to be a bad thing.

I don't take much stock into David's comments about Ken simply because I know friday night's game is going to determine Ken's future. A bad loss and he's still likely gone. A close loss or a win, he will likely be there in 2025. Plenty of things still to play out. But what is certain, is that the footy committee at the end of the season will review Ken's position and make a determination from there. I am 100% sure that is the case having checked into it last night after David's comments were published.

Why do you think Koch has been largely absent from the media with regards to footy all season? It was directed by the Club to be that way.

People in paid and unpaid positions at the executive levels of the Club are downright pissed with David's comments on the record to Jake Niall, and his comments off the record to Robbo. They want the focus in the media to be on the final, nothing else.

The irony is that David's comments about the SANFL recently have been the tipping point for CD who is almost certain to leave Port for Collingwood this off season -.which I don't consider to be a bad thing.

I don't take much stock into David's comments about Ken simply because I know friday night's game is going to determine Ken's future. A bad loss and he's still likely gone. A close loss or a win, he will likely be there in 2025. Plenty of things still to play out. But what is certain, is that the footy committee at the end of the season will review Ken's position and make a determination from there. I am 100% sure that is the case having checked into it last night after David's comments were published.
Thank you Chewy316 as always. Good news about Davies. Trifecta of Hinkley plus Koch would make me happy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Ken's here next year he had better win the ****ing flag or the supporter drop off will be huge.
No it won’t, apparently 71k members or whatever ridiculous number it is, they don’t care.

However if they do sack Ken, that 71k could swell to 100k

If Ken's here next year he had better win the ****ing flag or the supporter drop off will be huge.
We (me included) say that every year but it never really seems to happen.

Membership and attendances remain steady.

It's just a social outing now for a majority of the supporter base, get a selfie, NTUA etc.

Friday night's win will be enough to satiate most of them for 2024.

We (me included) say that every year but it never really seems to happen.

Membership and attendances remain steady.

It's just a social outing now for a majority of the supporter base, get a selfie, NTUA etc.

Friday night's win will be enough to satiate most of them for 2024.
At least if we win this week, we'll step into uncharted territory under Hinkley.

It has never been more clear that Koch is the problem and the club needs to return to member control.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I think that only is apparent if the footy committee make a recommendation at the end of the year which is vetoed by Koch.

If that happens, I'll be right there with you leading the charge for immediate member control of the Board.

I think that only is apparent if the footy committee make a recommendation at the end of the year which is vetoed by Koch.

If that happens, I'll be right there with you leading the charge for immediate member control of the Board.
Can the Board motion for a vote of no confidence if he attempts to veto again?

You never know whether we get Jeckyll or Hyde against Sydney but it is plain to see the boys have a huge chance of keeping their winning form given our dominance over the Swans.

Chewy, I enjoy your insights into the board but the most supposed horrid aspect is all the things you've talked about have been short term results and short term gains. I wish the board had overarching principles and values rather than a bloke hitting the KPI's and left unfettered.

When you zone in and see the board possibly sack Ken if we get slaughtered on the weekend but keep his job if he narrowly loses or wins the prelim sounds all well and good. But if you pull out a decent distance, you will see how insane that is after 12 years of mediocrity.

12 Years A Slave GIF

That’s a problem for other clubs. If they want to do that and be run by no-hopers, be my guests.

Port should be different. Otherwise, we are no longer Port.
Problem is it isn’t a problem, it’s successful.
Punters are buying into this BS.
As the Carlton CEO said at the start of this year, it’s not about what happens on the ground, it’s about the game day experience.
To be honest what the likes of you or me think doesn’t matter, you get a 100,000 people to buy it you’re making shit loads of money.
It’s not sport anymore it’s a business.
The people running the clubs keep there nice jobs because of this.
Now if you win the odd flag that’s a bonus but these people know that’s not going to happen frequently that’s why plan B has become plan A.
Unfortunately the old Port Adelaide is gone, the days of playing for no financial reward are gone.
People used to help out around the club and work for nothing.
The people that ran the club did it for love not money.
Winning the premiership was everything because it meant extra revenue coming in.
That’s the past, and yes we aren’t the same anymore and we will never be.
We are now part of the same system, if you don’t like it bad luck because there’s enough that do.

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

Back