Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

I think that only is apparent if the footy committee make a recommendation at the end of the year which is vetoed by Koch.

If that happens, I'll be right there with you leading the charge for immediate member control of the Board.
I disagree strongly.

Koch has once again stuck his fat head in where it was not wanted and made public comments about the football program that are detrimental to our on field performance. Everyone can see that the heat needs to be kept on Ken for him to actually do his job but Koch can't help himself. I am sick of his limp dicked interference, he is a weak leader and has created a weak club. I don't care how well we are doing off field, we exist to win premierships and we will do so when we honour the creed. He doesn't have the minerals.

Also if the footy department recommend keeping Ken and Koch doesn't veto it, or remove footy committee members then that is on his head too.

Can the Board motion for a vote of no confidence if he attempts to veto again?

This I am unsure about. I don't think they'd have the guts to do it anyway.

You never know whether we get Jeckyll or Hyde against Sydney but it is plain to see the boys have a huge chance of keeping their winning form given our dominance over the Swans.

Chewy, I enjoy your insights into the board but the most supposed horrid aspect is all the things you've talked about have been short term results and short term gains. I wish the board had overarching principles and values rather than a bloke hitting the KPI's and left unfettered.

When you zone in and see the board possibly sack Ken if we get slaughtered on the weekend but keep his job if he narrowly loses or wins the prelim sounds all well and good. But if you pull out a decent distance, you will see how insane that is after 12 years of mediocrity.

12 Years A Slave GIF

I understand your viewpoint, but at the end of the day it's a results based industry, and no senior coach would be sacked on performance if they led their team that year to a grand final.

I disagree strongly.

Koch has once again stuck his fat head in where it was not wanted and made public comments about the football program that are detrimental to our on field performance. Everyone can see that the heat needs to be kept on Ken for him to actually do his job but Koch can't help himself. I am sick of his limp dicked interference, he is a weak leader and has created a weak club. I don't care how well we are doing off field, we exist to win premierships and we will do so when we honour the creed. He doesn't have the minerals.

Also if the footy department recommend keeping Ken and Koch doesn't veto it, or remove footy committee members then that is on his head too.

I hear what you're saying and agree with a large chunk of it.

You're also putting the cart before the horse, making the assumption that because Koch has come out and publicly endorsed Ken, your expectation is for the players to slacken off on friday night. And based on that, is how you've come to the conclusion about member control. It's all sound logic.

However, what if they win on Friday night? That would render anything Koch has said this week to futility.

It's why friday night's game will have massive ramifications for the Club going forward. And whilst it can be seen as a bit absurd that things are being decided on the basis of a single game, it is these games in December which write the basis of history of our game.

This I am unsure about. I don't think they'd have the guts to do it anyway.

I understand your viewpoint, but at the end of the day it's a results based industry, and no senior coach would be sacked on performance if they led their team that year to a grand final.

I hear what you're saying and agree with a large chunk of it.

You're also putting the cart before the horse, making the assumption that because Koch has come out and publicly endorsed Ken, your expectation is for the players to slacken off on friday night. And based on that, is how you've come to the conclusion about member control. It's all sound logic.

However, what if they win on Friday night? That would render anything Koch has said this week to futility.

It's why friday night's game will have massive ramifications for the Club going forward. And whilst it can be seen as a bit absurd that things are being decided on the basis of a single game, it is these games in December which write the basis of history of our game.
It's not a one off from Koch though. He has form.

If we win in spite of him it still leaves us stuck with him to do it all over again.

Why do you think Koch has been largely absent from the media with regards to footy all season? It was directed by the Club to be that way.

People in paid and unpaid positions at the executive levels of the Club are downright pissed with David's comments on the record to Jake Niall, and his comments off the record to Robbo. They want the focus in the media to be on the final, nothing else.

The irony is that David's comments about the SANFL recently have been the tipping point for CD who is almost certain to leave Port for Collingwood this off season -.which I don't consider to be a bad thing.

I don't take much stock into David's comments about Ken simply because I know friday night's game is going to determine Ken's future. A bad loss and he's still likely gone. A close loss or a win, he will likely be there in 2025. Plenty of things still to play out. But what is certain, is that the footy committee at the end of the season will review Ken's position and make a determination from there. I am 100% sure that is the case having checked into it last night after David's comments were published.

Man I hope you're right Chewy, admittedly Koch has seemed to be more absent this year than previous.....but if all it takes is him making a couple of media appearances to upset many at the club and go against the clubs direction, is his position actually all that tenable?

The timing with this latest one is very poor.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Winning the premiership was everything because it meant extra revenue coming in.

Mate, it has always been like this. Fos wrote the documents against this, because it was already an issue back then.

These metrics are for people who are in footy “for the bloody joke, for the social life, for the prestige. They're not there to win!

We can “not intend to rest in idleness but shall strive with all our power to further this club’s unexcelled achievements.” It’s not easy; and “each member of both the team and management will suffer personal sacrifices for the common end.” We must be willing to put the club first.

Any club worth its salt will clean out its no-hopers”. We currently do not. Hence, we are not worth.

Imagine being such sad sacks that you cant be happy when your team wins a final.

we are still in and have a great chance against sydney despite what the doomsayers are posting. all these people said the same thing about the hawks game.

Do i want hinkley gone. I most definitely do. i was an apologist for some time, but looking back i think 2018 was probably the last year he should have survived. But at no point is Hinkleys sacking above the success of the team. I want them to win above all else. There seem to be a lot of people here that would prefer the team lost.

He's not doing anything. Ken has a contract for next year, so basically Koch is just confirming the current status.

Koch was asked a question on the record. there is literally no answer he could give that wouldnt be taken to the extreme. As it currently stands, with the contract in place, he gave the correct answer. even if he said "no comment", or "we will review" the media would have blown it up as well.

Imagine being such sad sacks that you cant be happy when your team wins a final.

we are still in and have a great chance against sydney despite what the doomsayers are posting. all these people said the same thing about the hawks game.

Do i want hinkley gone. I most definitely do. i was an apologist for some time, but looking back i think 2018 was probably the last year he should have survived. But at no point is Hinkleys sacking above the success of the team. I want them to win above all else. There seem to be a lot of people here that would prefer the team lost.

Koch was asked a question on the record. there is literally no answer he could give that wouldnt be taken to the extreme. As it currently stands, with the contract in place, he gave the correct answer. even if he said "no comment", or "we will review" the media would have blown it up as well.
Having come this far, I don't reckon anyone here wants us to lose on Friday night. But there's a legitimate fear that 2024 will be like the previous 11 under Hinkley - let's hope not.

It's not a one off from Koch though. He has form.

If we win in spite of him it still leaves us stuck with him to do it all over again.

You're missing the point I'm trying to say.

If they manage to win on Friday night, it dispels the notion that Koch influenced the result. But if they lose, his actions should rightly be under the spotlight and his feet should be held right over the hot coals.

You're missing the point I'm trying to say.

If they manage to win on Friday night, it dispels the notion that Koch influenced the result. But if they lose, his actions should rightly be under the spotlight and his feet should be held right over the hot coals.
I don't think it does.

Koch's comments can still be a net negative that we win in spite of.

I don't think it does.

Koch's comments can still be a net negative that we win in spite of.

Yes, but his comments don't matter if they get the result on friday night.

It's a results based industry. Get the win, everything looks ok. Lose, and everything gets put under the microscope.

My issue isn't Kens position right now, I'm all in atm as well, we played a brilliant brand of footy on Friday night and if we can keep that up then we can achieve the ultimate this year.

My issue is Koch doing the interview and publicly committing to Hinkley, the media running with it all and the "job done" feel this narrative all has to it.....when in fact it's not job done at all.

You're spot on in that he was wedged, whatever he said in that situation was gonna upset someone regardless, I just wish he hadn't agreed to the interview. Keep the focus on this weekend only.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No it won’t, apparently 71k members or whatever ridiculous number it is, they don’t care.

However if they do sack Ken, that 71k could swell to 100k
There has to be at least 5 - 10k disillusioned members that have not renewed their membership over the last 3 or 4 years. That 100k number is not pie in the sky.

Yes, but his comments don't matter if they get the result on friday night.

It's a results based industry. Get the win, everything looks ok. Lose, and everything gets put under the microscope.
This should absolutely not be the case. Just because it "looks ok" doesn't mean that it is.

A ruthless club like the old Port Adelaide absolutely didn't think this way.

Just because you get away with it once doesn't mean it is acceptable.

If it is detrimental, it is detrimental and those types need to be weeded out ASAP.

Sometimes shit clubs had one off success and beat Port.

Port won consistently because they had ruthless accountability and standards that were enforced relentlessly. Win, lose or draw.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Having come this far, I don't reckon anyone here wants us to lose on Friday night. But there's a legitimate fear that 2024 will be like the previous 11 under Hinkley - let's hope not.
To be fair at least we have won a knockout final this year. Something we haven't done since 2014. It took a poster to do it, but its the first time we've actually got across the line in a really big game in a decade.

It’s legitimately staggering how un-nuanced these takes are, isn’t it.

I’d love to see Boak ride off with a flag.

The thought of Hinkley going on again — under any circumstances — ruptures my little spleen.

Why do you think Koch has been largely absent from the media with regards to footy all season? It was directed by the Club to be that way.

People in paid and unpaid positions at the executive levels of the Club are downright pissed with David's comments on the record to Jake Niall, and his comments off the record to Robbo. They want the focus in the media to be on the final, nothing else.

The irony is that David's comments about the SANFL recently have been the tipping point for CD who is almost certain to leave Port for Collingwood this off season -.which I don't consider to be a bad thing.

I don't take much stock into David's comments about Ken simply because I know friday night's game is going to determine Ken's future. A bad loss and he's still likely gone. A close loss or a win, he will likely be there in 2025. Plenty of things still to play out. But what is certain, is that the footy committee at the end of the season will review Ken's position and make a determination from there. I am 100% sure that is the case having checked into it last night after David's comments were published.

In Chewy316 we trust

To be fair at least we have won a knockout final this year. Something we haven't done since 2014. It took a poster to do it, but its the first time we've actually got across the line in a really big game in a decade.
There is that - geez it'd be lovely to back it up this week. In that scenario, Crows fans will love living in Adelaide next week :).

Maybe in a Clayton's kind of a way.

Results are a relative marker.
Results can be memberships and not premierships.
It's just not saying much.

Hinkley hasn't done anything in his 273 games as coach but reach a couple of prelims.
If his tenure was 'results based' he would've take a long walk off Semaphore Jetty a long time ago.

The narrative at the moment is that an honourable loss against the Swans and he keeps his job.

I reckon we could lose by 10 goals this weekend and Kenny keeps his job.

I think that only is apparent if the footy committee make a recommendation at the end of the year which is vetoed by Koch.

If that happens, I'll be right there with you leading the charge for immediate member control of the Board.

If Kock decided to go down that path surely there'd be a spill resulting in his unceremonious removal

Kock's ego would never let that happen

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

Back