Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

This is the problem. Bucks was talking about it the other day.

The AFL has created a narrative that coaches can't possibly coach out a contract year and Koch has created a narrative where we can't sack a coach with a contract. So round and round we go.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app
This is like that movie cube.
There's no escape.

I'm begrudgingly accepting of the fact that he will very likely be coaching next year....but how does this purported hand over work? The club will have to address the situation at some stage, either he's coaching for another contract extension next year, or he's seeing out his final year and will hand over to Carr.

If he fails to make a GF this year, I simply fail to see how he can coach for another contract next year given his length of tenure, failures, Josh waiting in the wings and supporter unrest.

But then this is Ken & Koch, anything is possible.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Regardless of what happens over the next 2 weeks, if the handover to Carr is what the club has been angling for, the best possible outcome is to announce good and early that 2025 is definitely his last year.

If Collingwood could do it with Malthouse and Buckley when Malthouse was at the peak of his powers, it shouldn’t still be a point of contention because Hinkley keeps bobbing up like a magic tartare sauce cork, having randomly avoided the mouth of a giant squid for the thousandth time.

Regardless of what happens over the next 2 weeks, if the handover to Carr is what the club has been angling for, the best possible outcome is to announce good and early that 2025 is definitely his last year.

If Collingwood could do it with Malthouse and Buckley when Malthouse was at the peak of his powers, it shouldn’t still be a point of contention because Hinkley keeps bobbing up like a magic tartare sauce cork, having randomly avoided the mouth of a giant squid for the thousandth time.
It's like getting 12 months added to a prison sentence.

Be interested in some West Coast assistants if the new West Coast coach brings in his own people. (actually only one)
Would love Schofield back but doubt it’ll happen under Davies, Koch and Hinkley.

Would love Sumich also, but he is now invested in the Junior Programs in WA and out of the AFL system.

I'm getting to the stage where I wouldn't be surprised if they give him another 1 year extension because he couldn't possibly coach out the final year of his contract, the pressure wouldn't be fair.

It honestly wouldn’t surprise me.

It’s all just about Kochies ego now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The clues are there. Hinkley will coach next year and Carr will take over in 2026. Seems obvious to me and really it's not worth bothering with this topic anymore during preliminary final week.

Bigger fish to fry rather than beating a dead horse all week.
Obvious... for the 3rd year in a row.

I wonder whether with CD probably leaving and Ken’s behaviour, has he decided he might be walking regardless of what happens?

I mean Koch can say what he wants if he knows that’s what is on the cards.

Maybe Ken has just decided he’s done?

Left field thought.
CDs replacement will have to be someone who has already "learnt about Port Adelaide".

Cassisi?
Jonas?

Jonas, cassisi and current afl assistant coach Schofield touted as CD’s replacement? wtf.

This thread has seriously jumped the shark.

Maybe just wait and see what happens over the next couple of weeks with Hinkley, CD and co. I feel like it is strange this thread never sleeps even in prelim week, when there are clearly more important issues to discuss.

All I care about is winning the flag right now. All this other stuff will be a talking point after the season is over.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Jonas, cassisi and current afl assistant coach Schofield touted as CD’s replacement? wtf.

This thread has seriously jumped the shark.

Maybe just wait and see what happens over the next couple of weeks with Hinkley, CD and co. I feel like it is strange this thread never sleeps even in prelim week, when there are clearly more important issues to discuss.

All I care about is winning the flag right now. All this other stuff will be a talking point after the season is over.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
We've got this.

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

Back