Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm trying to get an update this morning. People are being cagey.

I can only encourage for the time being people to keep voicing their opinions in here because it does get read by high ranking officials at the Club, and they of all people need to understand the frustrations of the supporter base.
If he remains in 2025 I doubt I will ever buy another port membership.I am almost done forever.

Chewy is pretty much spot on, there is division at your club and even though she is disliked by many this is something caroline wilson has been saying for a while.
This wasn't the case this time last year, rest assured even though it doesn't seem like ken will walk he knows he won't have a contract beyond 2025 he his manager and his family will be talking over the next few days whether doing a Graham Arnold might be best for all scenario believe me. Keep up the rage stickers and all. You have hope!
The division is between the club and the passionate fan/member base that is powerless to do anything other than not renewing memberships.

Tredrea is the only board member who well and truly represents the fan base but he is one of a few putting up a fight behind closed doors.

I'm trying to get an update this morning. People are being cagey.

I can only encourage for the time being people to keep voicing their opinions in here because it does get read by high ranking officials at the Club, and they of all people need to understand the frustrations of the supporter base.
How many more goes does this guy need? What is the benefit of keeping him for another year?

All of the available evidence says that Hinkley cannot make it happen when it really matters. It is not suddenly going to click in his 13th(!) season in charge.

I truly think we'll miss the eight next year, but if by some miracle we make it to a grand final or even win the flag, it will be due to sheer luck—not Ken Hinkley. Does it take a bit of luck to make and win a grand final? Sure. But a football club that takes itself seriously doesn't rely on sheer luck. A football club that takes itself seriously, the Port Adelaide Football Club of old, is ruthless in its endeavour for success. It sacks Russell Ebert, the greatest player in the history of the club, after back-to-back semi-final losses and is rewarded with flags in '88, '89, and '90. We might have won the flag in '88 with Ebert, who knows—but Cahill made it happen. The people who made the call on Ebert's time as coach made it happen.

If I'm on the football committee, I'm sick of waiting. If I'm a board member, I'm sick of hoping. We are nowhere as a football club under Ken Hinkley. He cannot and will not make it happen. It is time for the football committee and the board to make it happen.

Discussions between people with a vote on Ken were briefly had last night.

No meeting currently set but the expectation is that one will happen next week.

This is very much a divided group.

****ing hopeless.

We've lost 21 of our last 24 finals quarters.

The meeting should have been last night, did the committee members have prior commitments skiing with Tom Jonas or what?

Omg this caller on 5AA.

Hinkley has done amazing with this list.
Completely agree: it's incredible that, given the talent he's had at his disposal, we've never played in a grand final. Chris Scott would more than likely have won at least 2 flags with this list.

How long before Kane starts with "well tell me port fans, who are you replacing him with? Give me some names" in his most condescending voice ever.

I think it starts today.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Buckley & Simpson for starters are both experienced GF and Premiership coaches but Kane won’t let facts get in the way of his ball cupping exploits

Hey board/football committee members who may or may not read this board.

Your personal legacy and the legacy of your tenure at the club is one of complete and utter failure and your only chance to rescue it at all is to make the very obvious decision to sack the coach.

We've lost 21 of our last 24 finals quarters, several of them by a lot. We know what Ken Hinkley offers in finals, it's dogshit.

If he survives a record like this, what do we even exist for? It's not to win premierships. It's certainly not to make the community proud. We hate you. You've killed our joy for the club and the game through pissweak inaction.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Completely agree: it's incredible that, given the talent he's had at his disposal, we've never played in a grand final. Chris Scott would more than likely have won at least 2 flags with this list.
I’m sure you’ll be lobbying hard for Ken to feature at the pointy end of this year’s Mofra Bottom 50.

In amongst a pile of awful puns of course.

How does Ken keep getting away with playing Dixon forward & having everyone bomb it to him? Are all the assistants / players too scared to suggest a different gameplan? Is everyone at the club complacent with this?

We had the exact same gameplan back in 2013, but it was successful back then because
1) Our fitness was far better
2) Schultz was significantly better than Dixon (he could actually lead, mark, and score)
3) We had wingard / monfries / robbie as our small forwards

2/12 quarter victories from the last 3 finals is telling.
as always, sack ken

****ing hopeless.

We've lost 21 of our last 24 finals quarters.

The meeting should have been last night, did the committee members have prior commitments skiing with Tom Jonas or what?
But but but we had Frankie, Narkle and Mead in our team

Don’t you know nobody wins prelims without AAs in every line

It’s clear the Ken apologists in our footy dept are the one driving the narrative and feeding it to the media

The charlatan will stay and it will be on the back of

“Who are you gonna get”
“Doesn’t have the cattle”
“The players love him (clearly insinuating a player exodus if daddy leaves)”

The worst part is it will be delivered by those “divided” ones to their pant sniffing dogs Caro, Kornes and Wheatley until the idiot is save for 2025 when we will do this shit all over again

How long before Kane starts with "well tell me port fans, who are you replacing him with? Give me some names" in his most condescending voice ever.

I think it starts today.

An inanimate carbon rod would be a start.

Buckley & Simpson for starters are both experienced GF and Premiership coaches but Kane won’t let facts get in the way of his ball cupping exploits

Actually last time he said it someone called or txt in Buckley, I think Kanes response was "yeah well......." then he changed the subject

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

Back