Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

Our gameplan is fundamentally flawed. It might work during the season and might be successful against mid-bottom table teams, but against good teams and in finals, it doesn't work. It's never worked. Our win rate against good teams is dire and has been for almost a decade.

People that blame the list can't see the forest for the trees.
The fact that we haven't scored more than 12 goals in a final for a decade (is that right?) should be a massive red flag against Hinkley's game plan in games that actually matter. 12 goals won't win many finals!!!

The club should have been making preparations for this after the Geelong game.

If we haven't heard anything by say, Wednesday, you'd have to assume it's not happening.
Who's to say they weren't?

Your assumption about a Wednesday deadline is false.

Last edited:

Our gameplan is fundamentally flawed. It might work during the season and might be successful against mid-bottom table teams, but against good teams and in finals, it doesn't work. It's never worked. Our win rate against good teams is dire and has been for almost a decade.

People that blame the list can't see the forest for the trees.
They don't want to look too closely, its not consistent with their agenda

Some parts of the media are running the line that the pressure is taking a mental toll on Hinkley. I'd love a job with a $800k salary that came with no pressure and no performance expectations.
The reason it would be taking a mental toll is because he knows he hasn't been able to deliver with every conceivable resource at his disposal - and not just the ultimate prize but even getting to the big dance.

Can't believe this potato is on $900k. That sort of money should be for premiership coaches that can deliver.
I don’t know, it seems about right when it comes to the seniority of a 12 year coach. The issue though is that any other coach would’ve had to make at least one grand final to be able to call themselves a 12 year coach.

I'm glad there's finally some media talk about Ken leaving this year. Even if it's very pro-Ken all about him making the decision, and not being sacked. Where there's smoke...

On the other hand, it's felt like he was about to be sacked several times over the past 5 years and here we are. So I won't believe he's going anywhere until he's gone.

Fans on BF are savage. Hes still a young captaim with room to grow. Blame the recruiters and coaches but leave Connor alone
Hey he's a big boy - if he wants to be captain, he can take some of the accolades when we win, but also shoulder some of the blame when we lose.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Alot of you have wanted ken gone since 2017 some of you even before that. You have all shown great patience while going through the angst of Ken leading this club during this time
Just be patient for another few days. After that you will be able to enjoy your summer alot more than you would have thought you were going too.
Deer.gif

Alot of you have wanted ken gone since 2017 some of you even before that. You have all shown great patience while going through the angst of Ken leading this club during this time
Just be patient for another few days. After that you will be able to enjoy your summer alot more than you would have thought you were going too.
Thanks Warren.

Speaking on Footy Furnace, Morris acknowledged Power assistant Josh Carr “will be Port’s next coach” eventually, “it’s just a matter of when.”

Begs the question if it's in no doubt (re Carr), then get on with it.

I finally had a real life conversation with a supreme normie about footy. haven't had one in years because I avoid them. but he heard I am a Port man and I am done with Hinkley and goes "but he saved you, from the doldrums" etc. and I feigned confusion "Ken? do you mean Koch? I thought people said Koch saved us?" and he reiterated Ken so I said "how can a coach save a club from going bankrupt?" and he kind of glared at me like I just kicked his son or something, how dare I say something different to the Official SEN Triple M AFL 5AA Sanctioned Story™.

I finally had a real life conversation with a supreme normie about footy. haven't had one in years because I avoid them. but he heard I am a Port man and I am done with Hinkley and goes "but he saved you, from the doldrums" etc. and I feigned confusion "Ken? do you mean Koch? I thought people said Koch saved us?" and he reiterated Ken so I said "how can a coach save a club from going bankrupt?" and he kind of glared at me like I just kicked his son or something, how dare I say something different to the Official SEN Triple M AFL 5AA Sanctioned Story™.

My uncle in law who knows sweet FA about footy came over to my house last night and brought up Hinkley to me. Said "he can't kick it for them."

I respectfully had to hold my tongue and grind my teeth at the ignorance.

Better off avoiding those conversations if possible.

I feel like youre holding out on us Chewy ;)🤣

What do you know!?

I just know that there's not a deadline set for this week.

I have WCE supporting mates that want Ken. And I can see why.

Wasn't there talk of Ken being the inaugural Devils coach a while ago?

I peeked over at their board and it was more like

Season 5 No GIF by The Office

My uncle in law who knows sweet FA about footy came over to my house last night and brought up Hinkley to me. Said "he can't kick it for them."

If the head coach isn't responsible at all for on field performance, who is?

I just know that there's not a deadline set for this week.

I really dislike the 'Ken can't play for them comments'.

There's a big difference to kicking to an open forward line vs kicking to a forward line with 36 players in it.

Speaking on Footy Furnace, Morris acknowledged Power assistant Josh Carr “will be Port’s next coach” eventually, “it’s just a matter of when.”

Begs the question if it's in no doubt (re Carr), then get on with it.
Kochy is probably thinking about one more year for Daddy, which would allow him to laud Carr after we win a few games in 2026 after a shocker next year. (or in 2025 once Ken quits midseason)

"This place was, frankly, a basket case after our fickle so-called fans destroyed Ken's ability to coach, and Josh has done a great job getting it back together. I'd like him to become the first-ever 20-year coach of the Power."

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

Back